The headline act today at SDCC is the Star Trek panel. While attendees will be treated to a screening of the Strange New World/Lower Decks crossover episode, the rest of us Trekkies will be patiently waiting for potential news from the likes of Discovery. There's also a Futurama panel, for those eager to hear more about the return of everybody's favorite 20th Century layabout.
Of course, this year's convention is looking a little different amid the ongoing strikes with the WGA and SAG-AFTRA, but that doesn't mean there isn't still a lot going on. Here at GamesRadar+, we've made sense of all of the major panels you'll want to know about going into the biggest yearly convention of TV, film, comics, and more in our handy SDCC 2023 schedule. We're also keeping the list updated too of what's been canceled so far.
For more details on what exactly is going on with the strikes, you can read our breakdown of the WGA strikes and the SAG-AFTRA strikes. Don't worry though, we'll keep our SDCC 2023 schedule up to date to make sure you don't miss a moment.
When is San Diego Comic-Con 2023?
San Diego Comic-Con 2023 takes place over five days. It began on Wednesday, July 19 with a preview day and the panels get properly started on Thursday, July 20. They'll continue to Sunday, July 23. The event is taking place this year at the San Diego Convention Center.
San Diego Comic-Con 2023 schedule
Friday July 21
- My Adventures with Superman screening and panel: 11am (7pm BST / 2pm ET), Indigo Ballroom
- The Creator + Haunted Mansion director presentation: 11:30am (7:30pm BST / 2:30pm ET), Hall H
- Walking Dead universe panel: 1pm PT (9pm BST / 4pm ET), Hall H
- Jamie Lee Curtis new comic-book panel: 1pm PT (9pm BST / 4pm ET), Room 6A
- Rick And Morty panel: 2pm PT (10pm BST / 5pm ET), Indigo Ballroom
- Solar Opposites: 3pm PT (10pm BST / 5pm ET), Indigo Ballroom
- John Wick The Continental panel: 3pm (11pm BST / 6pm ET), Ballroom 20
- Invincible panel: 5:45pm PT (1:45am BST / 8:15pm ET), Room 6BCF
Saturday July 22
- Futurama panel: 11am PT (7pm BST / 2pm ET), Ballroom 20
- Star Trek universe panel: 1:30pm (9:30pm BST / 4:30pm ET), Hall H
- Quantum Leap: 1:45pm (9:45pm BST / 4:45pm ET), Room 6A
What's been revealed so far?
One of the first bits of news to come out of San Diego Comic-Con 2023 was the updated release date for Saw X to September 29. Lionsgate also shared a new look at the terrifying movie that sees Jigsaw return.
Elsewhere, Max Original Animation unveiled a new trailer for season four of its Harley Quinn adult animated series. This featured a lot of mayhem, mischief, and Poison Ivy.
Then during the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem panel in Hall H, attendees were also treated to a new clip from the animated movie. This features the team trying (and failing) to sneak in. You can watch it here.
The Walking Dead fans were also treated to a couple of announcements: Dead City and the Daryl Dixon series are returning for second seasons, while the Rick and Michonne series now has a new title, The Ones Who Live, and the first teaser.
There have also been some SDCC adjacent bits of news that have dropped as well. Amazon Studios may have canceled their Gen V panel, but they have announced the release date for the new show and dropped a new poster. And although Marvel isn't there promoting its films and shows, they have released a brand-new trailer for The Marvels.
What SDCC 2023 panels have been canceled?
We've compiled a list of all of the SDCC 2023 panels that were canceled. Check out the list below – and don't worry, we'll keep this updated as the convention continues.
Thursday July 20
- An Insider Look at Cruel Summer Season 2
- Behind The Scenes with the Cast of Jury Duty
- Major Wrestling Figure Podcast
- Mother, May I? Featuring Holland Roden and Kyle Gallner
- Peacock’s Original Comedy Series Twisted Metal
- Sesame Street Muppets Live!
- Spotlight Panel on Mariko Tamaki
- The Wheel of Time
Friday July 21
- Good Omens
- Gen V
- Metalocalypse: Army of the Doomstar
- New Rockstars (YouTube)
- Spotlight on Jo Duffy
- The Strangers Trilogy Exclusive First Look
Saturday July 22
- Abbott Elementary Class in Session
- Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire
- Faster, Purple Worm! Kill! Kill! from D&D
- Legendary Entertainment
- Orphan Black: Echoes
- Sid & Marty Krofft
- That ’70s Show 25th Anniversary
Sunday July 23
- Lights! Before Camera and Action
- Sesame Street Special Premiere
Can you watch San Diego Comic-Con 2023 from home?
Sadly, the Comic Con 2023 panels will not be streamed at home, like they were during the Covid pandemic. However, that doesn't mean you can't follow along. We'll be keeping you updated on all of the biggest news from the 2023 panels at GamesRadar+ and across our social media accounts.
If you're up to speed on Comic-Con, check out our roundup of all the major 2023 movie release dates for everything the year has in store.