The Modern Warfare perks are split across three categories, so unfortunately you can't combine Overkill, Ghost, and Hardline to camp and earn yourself a nuke. Instead, you need to choose one from each of the three groups of perks in Call of Duty Modern Warfare to suit your specific playstyle and loadout. Whether you want to be invisible to UAVs and sprint around faster than anyone else on the map, or contribute toward your killstreaks by playing the objective, here are all of the Modern Warfare perks.
Choosing the best Modern Warfare perks can make or break you online career. It's not just about picking the one's that sound the most powerful, it's about picking things that compliment your play style.
With three perk tiers and a weapon perk to blend together you can radically alter your abilities with the combinations you choose. These can include classic perks we're know and love, like Scavenger and Overkill. Or new additions like Kill Chain and High Alert. Take a look at what's on offer and see what the best Modern Warfare perks are for you.
Tier 1 Perks
- Double Time: Double the duration of Tactical Sprint. Increase crouch movement speed by 30%.
- Kill Chain: Killstreak kills count towards your next killstreak. Only applies to killstreaks earned this life.
- Scavenger: Resupply ammo from dead players.
- E.O.D.: Take reduced damage from non-killstreak explosives and fire. Hack enemy Claymores, Proximity Mines, and C4.
- Cold-Blooded: Undetectable by AI targeting systems and thermal optic. Does not trigger High Alert warning.
- Quick Fix: Killing players immediately starts health regeneration. Capturing and holding objectives increases your health regeneration rate.
Overkill is always a good shout for giving you two range options in a game, letting you add in a shotty or sub to close up the range, or a sniper to extend it. Unless any of the others really plays into your style - Scavengers handy if you're likely to say alive long enough to use it - Overkill is probably the one to pick.
Tier 2 perks
- Restock: Recharge equipment over 25 seconds.
- Hardline: Your killstreaks cost one less kill.
- High Alert: Your vision pulses when enemies outside of your view see you.
- Ghost: Undetectable by UAVs, Radar Drones, and Heartbeat Sensors.
- Pointman: Change your killstreaks into Scorestreaks.
- Overkill: Carry two primary weapons.
There's a tougher choice here as nearly every perk feels like it could be useful depending on how you play. Hardline, Ghost and Kill Chain are useful, as is Pointman. High Alert, though, is never as practical as you think it's going to be given how quickly you can die.
Tier 3 perks
- Tune Up: Increase the charge rate of field upgrades by 40%.
- Amped: Faster weapon swap and rocket launcher reload speed.
- Shrapnel: Spawn with an extra piece of lethal equipment. Explosive damage delays enemy health regeneration.
- Battle Hardened: Reduce strength of enemy flash, stun, EMP, and gas effects. Immune to Snapshot Grenades.
- Spotter: See enemy equipment, field upgrades, and killstreaks through walls. Hack enemy Claymores, Proximity Mines, C4, and Trophy Systems.
- Tracker: Enemies leave behind a footprint trail. See markers at enemy death locations and hide the death markers of enemies you kill.
Battle Hardened sounds like the best option for run and gun players, while Shrapnel is useful for those rocking explosive weapons. Tracker is good if you're a more predatory player, or just want some warning before you go around corners.
- Heavy Hitter: Melee produces greater stun on targets.
- FMJ: Increases bullet penetration and damage against equipment and killstreaks.
- Sleight of Hand: Training in reloading faster when under pressure.
- Fast Melee: Training in executing melee maneuvers with great speed.
- Frangible - Wounding: Bullets cause target healing to be briefly delayed.
- Frangible - Disabling: Bullets slow enemy movement and briefly disable tactical sprint when shooting legs.
- Fully Loaded: Start with Maximum Reserve Ammo.
- Focus: Increased control of aim while being shot.
- Presence of Mind: Extended hold breath.
- Recon: See enemy nameplates at greater distances.
- Mo' Money: Earn additional XP for kills.
- Burst: Changes fire mode to 3-round burst.
- Burst Fire (x2): Changes fire mode to 2-round burst.
There's a lot of options here so play to your strengths. Sleight of Hand, Focus, Frangible - Wounding and Burst/Burst Fire are good for giving you an general edge in combat. Presence of Mind is a no brainer for snipers, and Mo' Money is great if you can cash those cheques.
Modern Warfare tips (opens in new tab) | Modern Warfare patch notes (opens in new tab) | Modern Warfare operators (opens in new tab) | Modern Warfare maps (opens in new tab) | Modern Warfare watches (opens in new tab) | Modern Warfare guns (opens in new tab) | Modern Warfare killstreaks (opens in new tab) | Modern Warfare trials (opens in new tab) | Modern Warfare Gunsmith system (opens in new tab) | Modern Warfare best M4A1 builds (opens in new tab)