The latest set of Call of Duty Modern Warfare patch notes rebalances some weapons and makes in-game footsteps more (or less) logically loud. Developer Infinity Ward has been working on getting the sound effects for movement just right, rewarding players who crouch down and move slowly with footsteps that are harder for enemies to hear. However, the internal logic for who got just what kind of footsteps in-game was a little overcomplicated, so the studio simplified it.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare uses different sounds that roughly correspond to each kind of movement - crouch walking, walking, jogging, sprinting, and so on. Previously, the system could bump you up into louder movement categories if you were moving particularly fast while crouching or aiming down sights, especially if you had some weighty attachments on your weapons. Now your footsteps will always sound the same in those two postures no matter what you're wielding or how fast you're moving.
"In this way it’s consistent for the user," Infinity Ward explained. "Fictionally, the player is stealthily moving around in these two states." While we're still waiting for the Battle Pass progression system to start rolling out next month, you can read the full list of Call of Duty Modern Warfare patch notes below, straight from the official Reddit post.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare patch notes for November 12
- More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
- Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
- Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
- Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
- General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We'll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
- Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
- Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague
- Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
- Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
- ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
- 725: Reduce range
- M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
- FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
- EB-14: Increase ADS speed
- Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress
Modern Warfare tips | Modern Warfare operators | Modern Warfare maps | Modern Warfare watches | Modern Warfare guns | Modern Warfare perks | Modern Warfare killstreaks | Modern Warfare trials | Modern Warfare Gunsmith system | Modern Warfare best M4A1 builds