Topics

E3 e3-features

• Asmodean - June 1, 2012 noon

So what are the chances we get some talkradar e3 podcasts? OR how about we just get talkradar back
  • samsneeze - June 1, 2012 12:26 p.m.

lasertimepodcast is your friend.
  • Asmodean - June 1, 2012 12:47 p.m.

I love laser time and cape crisis and VGmpire but they are not the same as talkradar. Bring back Tdar!
  • zombi3grim - June 4, 2012 2:35 p.m.

Who actually sits there and listens to a podcast in 2012?
  • samsneeze - June 4, 2012 3:11 p.m.

Plenty of people, actually. This is especially true of people with long commutes and such.
  • zombi3grim - June 4, 2012 5:14 p.m.

I mean, who SITS in their computer room and just listens to a podcast? Those talkradar podcasts were like an hour long. You have an hour long commute every day? Where the fuck do you go?
  • samsneeze - June 4, 2012 5:28 p.m.

Some people sit at their computer and play games for an hour some people surf the web for an hour. People have hour long lunch breaks. I don't think it's at all a bad thing to sit and listen to a podcast like Talkradar so long as the person listening to it is enjoying it.
  • zombi3grim - June 4, 2012 6:21 p.m.

Its just a weird thing to do in 2012. I mean, people used to listen to radio broadcasts and shit back in the day, but that was before TV. I just dont see the point in it. Glad they got rid of it and hope it stays gone.
  • samsneeze - June 4, 2012 6:55 p.m.

Are you trying to say that people should make videos instead? That's the only conclusion you can get by going the radio to TV route Either way, it doesn't really matter since it's still just people in a room talking. Lots of people enjoy Talkradar and it's missed. I don't think anyone else is glad it's gone to be honest. The year doesn't matter at all, really.
  • zombi3grim - June 4, 2012 7:17 p.m.

Im saying I think its stupid to just sit and listen to a podcast. The only relevant way I can see listening to one is if your on a plane or your traveling somewhere, and honestly, who goes all over the place like that all the time? I dont want to listen or watch people in a room talking. Its fucking boring. Its not why I come to gamesradar and it never has been. Lots of people here might like Talkradar, but I dont. And my opinion is the only one that matters to me. The year does matter. This is 2012. Not 1953 or whatever. Theres no need for a "podcast" just like there is no need to listen to a football game over the radio. Tech has evolved. Get with it.
  • samsneeze - June 4, 2012 7:29 p.m.

Podcasts are what gaming sites or other people use to share their personal thoughts on things in gaming. Instead of cluttering the site with a bunch of useless talk, the guys meet up and talk relevant gaming things and how they feel about them. And people are interested in what they have to say. It's as simple as that.
  • zombi3grim - June 5, 2012 12:57 a.m.

And its as simple as I think its fucking stupid and a big ass waste of time and I would rather read articles and watch videos then listen to a bunch of guys talk about shit. Im glad its gone and I hope it stays gone. Does this rub you the wrong way or something, why do you keep replying to this?
  • samsneeze - June 5, 2012 6:17 a.m.

Because I can. Why do you keep trying to provoke a negative response from people at the site.
  • zombi3grim - June 5, 2012 8:46 a.m.

Because you can? What the fuck are you, 5? Im not provoking anything, Im simply stating my opinion. If it gets a negative response from people, thats on them, not me. Dont get butthurt because someone thinks podcasts are a waste of time. Move on.
  • samsneeze - June 5, 2012 9:50 a.m.

I'm not butthurt over your opinion and at no point did I post anything that would even remotely imply something like that. I have to move on, but you can if you want.
  • zombi3grim - June 5, 2012 1:01 p.m.

Uh huh, okay. I didnt say you were butthurt. I said people. You count yourself among them? Fine. I really dont care. You keep replying just to reply. Shut the fuck up already and move on.
  • samsneeze - June 5, 2012 1:19 p.m.

No. I don't want to stop replying. You can stop if you want, though.
  • zombi3grim - June 5, 2012 3:32 p.m.

Lol, wow. You are seriously a fucking child. Tell you what, I'll give you what you want. You want last word? Fine. Have last word. But anything you comment on from here on out loses all validity because you have the mindset of a two year old. Congratulations.
  • samsneeze - June 5, 2012 3:34 p.m.

"But anything you comment on from here on out loses all validity because you have the mindset of a two year old." That's nice.
  • StonedMagician99 - June 1, 2012 1:51 p.m.

Agreed. They should at least make two more so they can have a good, round 200 episodes under their belt. Even if 200 was the last TalkRadar episode ever, it would be a good milestone to reach.
  • Asmodean - June 1, 2012 2:10 p.m.

At the least that would be nice. However I don't see any reason not to continue Tdar Bret is still the only one not in the building(aside from some of the special guest), so most of the gang is still at future. Unless they don't want to make anymore then I'll accept it.
  • comaqi - June 2, 2012 9:44 a.m.

They should remake it as the Future gaming podcast. With new people every week from all of the gaming publications!