Topics

best co-op

• Rorschach - December 18, 2014 12:50 p.m.

My roommate told me that if we ever play Splinter Cell: Conviction co-op, then I have to be Kestrel. Darn it. From a physics standpoint, red is on the low end of the chromatic spectrum, while green is in the middle. I wonder if that was a veiled science insult by him. Though Voron is a rather cool name...
  • Raikeron - November 27, 2014 7:36 p.m.

Gauntlet Dark Legacy should also be on this list. Playing through that with my brothers as probably the most fun I've ever had playing co-op.
  • Darkhawk - November 21, 2014 3:22 a.m.

Contra is easily the winner. But I'd also argue LEGO Marvel beats LEGO Star Wars, if only for the open world. It lets each player wander off and do their own (split-screen) mission, but at any time join up again to, say, take on a combat challenge. Nothing more exhilarating than blasting through downtown Manhattan as Iron Man to join up with your buddy Squirrel Girl as she fends off a Sentinel. Or, whatever.
  • cptnoremac - November 20, 2014 11:56 a.m.

So many great ones you're leaving off. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Gunstar Heroes Donkey Kong Country 2 Die Hard Arcade (aka Dynamite Deka) Wild Guns Turtles in Time The Contra series Super Smash Brothers Melee (It counts; shut up) Zombies Ate My Neighbors
  • homestar99 - November 19, 2014 8:22 p.m.

How about some local co-op games, huh? It'd be fun to justify my hobby to my family but that's hard without local support.
  • EAC73 - November 20, 2014 5:18 a.m.

Over half the games listed are local co op games.
  • homestar99 - November 20, 2014 6:36 a.m.

I meant for them to be listed in such a way that I could clearly tell it was local. I know that at least some of these are local. Mostly the indie games.
  • cptnoremac - November 20, 2014 11:57 a.m.

All the ones I just posted are local co-op. Have fun.
  • homestar99 - November 20, 2014 5:29 p.m.

Thank you very much good sir.
  • winner2 - November 19, 2014 1:27 p.m.

I'll say Unity's co-op is a lot of fun. I will admit that.
  • bobob101 - November 19, 2014 12:29 p.m.

You used Borderlands 2 so I am happy. But Crawmerax was a boss ONLY in the first Borderlands. The big raid boss in Borderlands 2 is Terramorphus the Invincible. That is kinda a big mistake.
  • _--_ - November 19, 2014 12:16 p.m.

--this list should be called --"games that have good co-op" --not --"best co-op games EVER" --these are simply NO WHERE NEAR the greatest ever --haha --i mean --not even close
  • homestar99 - November 20, 2014 6:37 a.m.

Well what would you consider a great co-op experience for the history books?
  • _--_ - November 20, 2014 11:40 a.m.

--the simple fact that the list doesnt include --contra --double dragon --or teenage mutant ninja turtles --well... --i mean... --those games are some of the greatest co-op games ever --and they are playable "now" --how can "the warriors" even be on this list and double dragon not? --perhaps the people choosing the games were hipsters?
  • homestar99 - November 20, 2014 5:28 p.m.

Or hoping people would have a means of playing the games mentioned without using an emulator.
  • _--_ - November 20, 2014 5:53 p.m.

--all of the games I mentioned are available on wii's E-shop --which also works with wiiU --and lets face it --if you dont have access to a wii --its because you threw one in the trash --and thats just wasteful(whats next? owning more than one 3ds?) --i smell hipster doofuses "Am I a hipster doofus"? youtube.com/watch?v=Os8l9eYPqQ0
  • homestar99 - November 20, 2014 10:50 p.m.

I, erm, kind of sold my Wii to a part of my family in another part of the world.
  • _--_ - November 20, 2014 11:08 p.m.

--contact them --im sure theyll send it back for free
  • homestar99 - November 21, 2014 7:05 a.m.

No. They're very happy with it. And I rarely used my Wii anyways. They're using it much more than I ever did. I never could flail my arms very long anyways.
  • Fro4show - November 22, 2014 10:12 a.m.

I disagree. Contra's singleplayer gameplay feels identical to its co-op for me. It adds very little to the gameplay, so I wouldn't ever call it greatest co-op game ever. Most co-op games are this way, including Double Dragon. But I feel that this list is pretty comprehensive of the ones that are actually a lot better with friends. At the very least its an accurate representation of my own experiences with co-op games. Except Mass Effect 3. I didn't like that one at all.