More Hawkeye and less Nick Fury in Age Of Ultron , a first official look at Gotham 's Jim Gordon, Amy Acker joins SHIELD and Almost Human gets a UK broadcaster
• Nick Fury won’t be a major presence in The Avengers: Age of Ultron . Samuel L Jackson told Yahoo Movies his character is “just kind of passing by there”. Though that’s one better than Anthony Mackie’s Falcon, first seen in Captain America: The Winter Soldier . Mackie says: “I haven’t got a phone call from anybody. So I’m guessing I’m not in it.”
• One character that could be getting some decent screen time, however, is Hawkeye. Speaking to Variety , Robert Downey Jr. said: “My two-year-old is crazy about Hawkeye, and I think Jeremy [Renner] has a lot to do with the plot.”
• It’s been 30 years since Arnold Schwarzenegger first played the Terminator and 11 years since he last played him in Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines . Alan Taylor’s franchise reboot won’t shy away from the Austrian Oak’s more weathered appearance, with Arnie telling MTV : “The way that the character is written, it's a machine underneath. It's this metal skeleton. But above that is human flesh. And the Terminator's flesh ages, just like any other human being's flesh.”
• Watch have nabbed the UK rights to Almost Human. The first season will air later this year according to The Hollywood Reporter . The new JJ Abrams and Alfonso Cuarón show Believe, begins tonight on Watch at 9pm.
• George R. R. Martin has thrown A Song of Ice and Fire fans a bone with a new sample chapter from the next book in the series, The Winds of Winter . It’s set in Braavos and features a girl calling herself Mercy.
• TV Guide is reporting that NBC’s Community may be tied up with a feature film. Apparently “insiders” reckon Fast & Furious franchise veteran Justin Lin might be in line to direct if the film does happen, although Captain America: The Winter Solider helmers Joe and Anthony Russo would also be popular choices as they executive produced the first few seasons of Community .
• Ben McKenzie has tweeted a picture of himself in costume as James Gordon for Gotham , Fox’s upcoming origin story of everyone’s favourite police commissioner. What do you think?
• Arrow producer Marc Guggenheim is keen for a Huntress spin-off according to an interview with TV Line . He also said he’d love to see an episode where Black Canary, Felicity and the Huntress team up. Could this form a template for a Birds Of Prey spin-off? Arrow certainly has plenty of characters to spare.
• We’re only three episodes in to Robert Rodriguez’ TV adaptation of his film From Dusk Till Dawn and a second season has already been greenlit. The series premiered on 11 March on Rodriguez’ own channel, El Rey, in the US and internationally on Netflix. Its second season will again premier in the US on El Rey before international distribution via Netflix. (Thanks to the Hollywood Reporter ).
• Deus Ex , one of gaming’s most beloved franchises, has had the fan film treatment courtesy of Moe Charif (who also plays main character Adam Jensen in the short) and the guys at Machinima . The film, based on Deus Ex: Human Revolution , has some amazing visuals and boasts several fan favourite characters and augmentations.