SFX is proud to announce the launch of a new quarterly magazine devoted to the wild and wacky world of comic books. And it’s come about because the SFX Comics Special we created last year was a massive success beyond anyone’s wildest expectations.
The new mag, Comic Heroes, will come out four times a year, the first issue going on sale 16 March. Interest in superheroes is at an all-time high, with superhero movies like Batman, Iron Man and Spiderman routinely breaking box office records. Even independent comic books like Kick Ass and Watchmen have received the Hollywood treatment. Future’s Comic Heroes will tap into this phenomenon, with all-new editorial, lavish design and collectable packaging combining to cover everything associated with the superhero universe.
BUt it won’t just be about superheroes – the mag will cover everything from bande dessinée, manga, indie comics and even Tintin!
The launch of the 132-page quarterly, priced at £7.99, will be packaged similarly to the SFX comics special, and come with a bunch of amazing free gifts, including comics and completely exclusive 2000AD fridge magnets.
While the new mag will be overseen by the team that brings you SFX, Comic Heroes will be edited by Jes Bickham and promises to take an in-depth look at the latest superhero movies, videogames and of course, the comic books themselves – with news, previews, reviews and comprehensive features. The launch issue lifts the lid on guaranteed summer blockbuster, Iron Man 2.
And you can help us out! Jes would love to hear your views and opinions:
* What did you think of the SFX Comics Special
* What would you like to see covered in Comic Heroes – retro stuff, indie stuff, foreign stuff, movies, games etc...
* Which comic creators would you like to see interviewed?
* Any comic characters in particular you'd like to see the mag point the spotlight on?
* Would you like to see features on how to break into the comics industry and * Which comic book movies are you most excited about?
You can either post your replies below or on this thread on the SFX.co.uk forum.