During its Jim Lee and Friends panel at San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, DC revealed a new Static limited series, a Batman/Spawn one-shot, and a Milestone Media HBO Max documentary. The publisher also showed off art from the first Static graphic novel for young adults, as well as from the upcoming Riddler Black Label series.
DC editor in chief Marie Javins was also presented with the prestigious Inkpot Award for her contributions to the comics industry.
Previously announced in March, actor Paul Dano is writing a six-issue DC Black Label limited series, The Riddler: Year One. During the panel on Friday, Dano showed off series art by Stevan Subic in a first look at the upcoming comic.
The Riddler: Year One follows forensic accountant Edward Nashton as he transforms into the villainous Riddler. Issue #1 hits shelves on October 25, and you can check out a preview below.
Lee and Milestone Media co-founder Denys Cowan also revealed art from Static: Up All Night, the young adult graphic novel written by Lamar Giles and illustrated by Paris Alleyne. Debuting in summer 2023, the story takes place all in one night as young Virgil Hawkins attends a music festival to get over his recent ex – only to see said ex at the show.
Check out a preview from Static: Up All Night Below.
Don't miss the best DC Comics stories of all time.
More DC news from SDCC 2022
- DC reveals first look at Blue Beetle: Graduation Day and Constantine: Distorted Illusions
- Clark Kent returns to high school in Superman: The Harvests of Youth OGN
- First look - Bruce Campbell writes Sgt. Rock vs. Nazi zombies in new DC horror series
- Meet the winners of the 2022 Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards
- Static: Shadows of Dakota limited series debuts in October
- Batman and Spawn reunite for a December one-shot
- DC announces 5 new Gotham-based titles and shows off new art
- GCPD: The Blue Wall limited series challenges Renee Montoya to reform Gotham's police
- New Batman Incorporated ongoing asks Ghost-Maker to solve a murder
- Joker becomes the Man Who Stopped Laughing in new ongoing this fall
- Batman villain Punchline tries to take the criminal crown in Gotham Game limited series this fall
- Gotham Knights prequel follows Batman's last case before his death
- Surprise! Dark Crisis's real title is Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths
- The Human Target returns in September and raises the stakes for Lex Luthor's bodyguard
- DC reveals more Batman: One Bad Day - The Riddler #1 covers at SDCC
- Gotham City: Year One reveals how the city became riddled with crime
- New Jim Lee art may show off Michael Keaton's new Batsuit