At San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, DC announced five brand new series at its Gotham panel: Batman: Gotham Knights – Gilded City, a prequel to the highly-anticipated Gotham Knights video game; Punchline: The Gotham Game, which picks up after the Batman villain is freed from prison; GCPD: Blue Wall, which follows Renee Montoya as she attempts to implement major reform; The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing, which follows the Clown Prince of Crime across the US; and Batman Incorporated, which sees Ghost-Maker and Batman dealing with the murder of someone from their recent past.
The above titles are all slated to debut in October. Also during the Gotham panel, DC previewed a few upcoming comics.
Writer Ram V talked about the upcoming 'Gotham Nocturne' story arc in Detective Comics #1062-1063, illustrated by Rafael Albuquerque. The two-issue plot will dive into the Arkham family and its ties to Gotham, and readers can hear a special audio teaser if they scan the ad in the back of DC's July 26 releases.
Detective Comics #1062 will be available July 26. Check out a preview and covers below.
Then, writer Sean Gordon Murphy talked about the alternate universe Beyond the White Knight and shared covers from Batman: Beyond the White Knight #6, seen below.
Murphy also discussed his collaboration with writer Clay McCormack and artists Simone Di Meo and Dave Stewart on the two-issue limited series Batman: White Knight presents Robin Hood.
The first issue hits shelves July 26, and you can see a preview below.
Check out the best Batman stories of all time.
More DC news from SDCC 2022
- DC reveals first look at Blue Beetle: Graduation Day and Constantine: Distorted Illusions
- Clark Kent returns to high school in Superman: The Harvests of Youth OGN
- First look - Bruce Campbell writes Sgt. Rock vs. Nazi zombies in new DC horror series
- Meet the winners of the 2022 Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards
- DC shows off Riddler: Year One and Static: Up All Night art as EIC Marie Javins receives Inkpot Award
- Static: Shadows of Dakota limited series debuts in October
- Batman and Spawn reunite for a December one-shot
- GCPD: The Blue Wall limited series challenges Renee Montoya to reform Gotham's police
- New Batman Incorporated ongoing asks Ghost-Maker to solve a murder
- Joker becomes the Man Who Stopped Laughing in new ongoing this fall
- Batman villain Punchline tries to take the criminal crown in Gotham Game limited series this fall
- Gotham Knights prequel follows Batman's last case before his death
- Surprise! Dark Crisis's real title is Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths
- The Human Target returns in September and raises the stakes for Lex Luthor's bodyguard
- DC reveals more Batman: One Bad Day - The Riddler #1 covers at SDCC
- Gotham City: Year One reveals how the city became riddled with crime
- New Jim Lee art may show off Michael Keaton's new Batsuit