At San Diego Comic-Con Friday during the DC's Gotham panel, the publisher announced a new ongoing: Batman Incorporated, written by Ed Brisson and illustrated by John Timms.
Debuting in October, Batman Incorporated follows Ghost-Maker and his Batman Incorporated team as they're tasked with solving a murder. And this one hits close to home – the victim is someone from Ghost-Maker and Batman's recent past, and could be a message more than an isolated event.
It could also signal the start of some sinister plot… and DC teases the latter pretty heavily in the series announcement.
Considering Batman and Ghost-Maker are frenemies at best, solving this mystery could bring them closer together or drive them further apart – and DC loves its rivals, so we're not holding our breath for a tight friendship being formed under these circumstances.
Ever since Ghost-Maker appeared on the scene during James Tynion IV's main series Batman run, he's been eager to take Batman's place as Gotham City's vigilante hero of choice, and now may be his chance to truly prove himself.
Batman Incorporated #1 will feature main cover art by series artist Timms, as well as variants by Jorge Molina, Derrick Chew, and Jeff Spokes. Check them out in the gallery below.
Batman Incorporated #1 will be available October 11.
As more announcements pour in, now is a great time to check out all the new Batman comics, graphic novels, and collections coming from DC in 20222 and 2023.
More DC news from SDCC 2022
- DC reveals first look at Blue Beetle: Graduation Day and Constantine: Distorted Illusions
- Clark Kent returns to high school in Superman: The Harvests of Youth OGN
- First look - Bruce Campbell writes Sgt. Rock vs. Nazi zombies in new DC horror series
- Meet the winners of the 2022 Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards
- DC shows off Riddler: Year One and Static: Up All Night art as EIC Marie Javins receives Inkpot Award
- Static: Shadows of Dakota limited series debuts in October
- Batman and Spawn reunite for a December one-shot
- DC announces 5 new Gotham-based titles and shows off new art
- GCPD: The Blue Wall limited series challenges Renee Montoya to reform Gotham's police
- Joker becomes the Man Who Stopped Laughing in new ongoing this fall
- Batman villain Punchline tries to take the criminal crown in Gotham Game limited series this fall
- Gotham Knights prequel follows Batman's last case before his death
- Surprise! Dark Crisis's real title is Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths
- The Human Target returns in September and raises the stakes for Lex Luthor's bodyguard
- DC reveals more Batman: One Bad Day - The Riddler #1 covers at SDCC
- Gotham City: Year One reveals how the city became riddled with crime
- New Jim Lee art may show off Michael Keaton's new Batsuit