Have a game you want to play? Suggest it in the chat!
GamesRadar's annual 24-hour gaming marathon will begin today, August 24, at 12 pm PDT and run through noon the next day. We hope you come and game with us, or at least check out the livestream on , where we'll eat pizza, play games, chat with guests, and try our best to stay alert and somewhat coherent. Besides the pizza, community gaming, and sleep-deprived ramblings, it's also for a good cause: all proceeds from the event will be donated to Child’s Play, the gamer-driven charity that hands out games and toys to more than 70 children’s hospitals around the world. We ask that you tune in, support Child's Play, and have fun! We'll also be doing giveaways every hour so tune in for a chance to win and make sure to be following our @GamesRadar Twitter account! Giveaway rules and details are here.
What we'll be playing with you
At noon we'll be playing Team Fortress 2 on PC, Gears of War 3 and Mass Effect 3 on Xbox 360, and Uncharted 3 on PS3, but as the day goes on we'll be playing other games. What other games, you ask? Well, just to name a few...
Minecraft, League of Legends, Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Tribes: Ascend, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Burnout: Paradise, FIFA 12, Madden 13, Super Monday Night Combat, Assassin's Creed 2 (Brotherhood or Revelations), Max Payne 3, Mario Kart 7, Left 4 Dead 2. And, obviously, plenty more.
If you want to play along, come back to this article on the date and chat with us, letting us know what you want to play. You can add us on...
How to play with us
Xbox Live: GR Video, GR Video Team, GRBoss and GRMiniBoss
PSN: GRBoss, GRMiniBoss, GSI_Sterling_M (Sterling is using his personal account for certain games)
TF2 server: 18.104.22.168:27015 (PC Gamer's server)
Minecraft server: 22.214.171.124 (Sophia is playing as soapymoose)
League of Legends: Coop and LJRepresent
Mass Effect 3: iheartdest0y
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: RyanTheEskimo (PC/XBLA) (guest from @Gamer)
And you can follow us on Twitter and chat with us throughout at...
- GamesRadar official: @GamesRadar
- Hollander Cooper: @hollandercooper
- Lorenzo Veloria: @lveloria
- Henry Gilbert: @hEnereyG
- Sophia Tong: @sophiatong
- Tom Magrino: @TMag_GR
- Sterling McGarvey: @sterling_m
- Lucas Sullivan: @ljrepresent
Our goal is to raise $5,000 for Child’s Play. Help us! And as an added bonus for donating, we’ll perform truly mortifying feats of gaming when we hit donation milestones.
Schedule for livestream
- 12:00 PM: Sleeping Dogs
- 1:00 PM: Darksiders II
- 2:00 PM: Bastion with Supergiant Games
- 3:00 PM: The Walking Dead with Telltale
- 4:00 PM: Beyond Good & Evil Game Club Episode 4
- 5:00 PM: Street Fighter 25 anniversary collection with Capcom
- 6:00 PM: Happy Action Theatre 2 with Double Fine
- 7:00 PM: Rock Band Blitz
- 8:00 PM: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron multiplayer (360)
- 9:00 PM: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer (360 for livestream, PC for community)
- 10:00 PM: Battlefield 3 multiplayer (360)
- 11:00 PM: Gears of War 3 multiplayer
- 12:00 AM: Guild Wars 2
- 1:00 AM: Shadow of the Colossus
- 2:00 AM: Mass Effect 3 multiplayer (360)
- 3:00 AM: A SCARY GAME WITH SOPHIA (if we hit that mark, otherwise something else)
- 4:00 AM: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD
- 5:00 AM: Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo
- 6:00 AM: Trials Revolution HD
- 7:00 AM: Burnout Paradise multiplayer (PS3 on Stream, 360 for community)
- 8:00 AM: Journey
- 9:00 AM: You Don't Know Jack
- 10:00 AM: Castle Crashers
- 11:00 AM: Johann Sebastian Joust
For every tier we hit, we'll do some sort of... thing. What sort of things? Here's the list so far, which is subject to change based on what you want.
- $500: Sophia (our easily-frightened EiC who can barely play BioShock without running out of the room) will play a VERY SCARY GAME at 3am.
- $1000: One person (chat chooses) will sing an embarrassing song in Singstar
- $1500: Two people (chat chooses) will sing an embarrassing duet in Singstar
- $2000: Dance to “I’m Han Solo” from Star Wars Kinect
- $3000: Dance to “I’m Han Solo” from Star Wars Kinect. Twice. In a row.
- $4000: Someone will get slapped in the face for 1-minute with the Wolverine foam hands
- $5000: MYSTERY