• aequitas13 - February 6, 2010 5:52 a.m.

Thief II, I knew you'd be on here somewhere! If only Shalebridge Cradle was your level instead of being in DS, I think you'd be top 5 material!
  • TheGiaour - February 6, 2010 5:41 a.m.

To add another point, what I've noticed is that there seems to be a love affair with games made in the last five years. There is are precious few older games. We've all listed several, from Gabriel Knight to Age of Empires to Myst. If this list was for the best games of the last five years then fine. As the title states, however, this is supposed to be the best games of all time. Speaking of which where is Alpha Centauri, one of the highest rated games by PCGamer of all time? Now I'm not going to say fire the writers of this article. What I will say though is take your time before you come up with this sort of thing. There are ridiculously awesome titles from the 90's, especially the late 90's, which are thrown out for flavor of the week games. Now if thought was put into this I'm all ears to hear the explanation. As you can tell from many of the comments, a lot of us feel that you did not think this list through.
  • farsided - February 6, 2010 4:15 a.m.

What an incredibly fail list. No vampire: the masquerade or mass effect 2? and what the hell is homeworld doing ranked 30th? I swear to god you need to fire the guy who wrote this ridiculously flawed list.
  • Yeager1122 - February 6, 2010 4:14 a.m.

Oh i forgot i also had knights of the old republic.
  • Yeager1122 - February 6, 2010 4:12 a.m.

I only have cod 4 and gears of war for the pc.
  • Sebastian16 - February 6, 2010 4:12 a.m.

Piss off "I DUN LYK PC" kids.
  • smallberry - February 6, 2010 3:59 a.m.

If there ever was a game that would trump Half Life 2, it would be Deus Ex. Also, and I need to ask......Gabriel Knight: Sins Of The Fathers?
  • Dirt5o8 - February 6, 2010 3:07 a.m.

I mostly agree with this list. Would have probably put Planescape: Torment higher and Oblivion lower though. Also, yeah, WHERE is Age of Empires?
  • Cyberninja - February 6, 2010 2:30 a.m.

i am glad that alot of these are on concles i dont like using a keyboard and mouse
  • M0rt1f1cat0r - February 6, 2010 1:45 a.m.

i would have put half life 2 on top.
  • Doctalen - February 6, 2010 1:11 a.m.

For a second there I thought they were going to put Fallout 4 instead of the original
  • sleepy92ismypsn - February 6, 2010 1:11 a.m.

ive played a bunch of these but i dont play pc games please gamesradar do a 100 greatest playstion games of all time and put a vote from me in on grand theft auto: san andreas as the greatest even though it got ported to xbox a year later its still my favorite game ever
  • Thelovemachine09 - February 6, 2010 12:54 a.m.

Where is the Age of Empires series?
  • TheGiaour - February 6, 2010 12:41 a.m.

Can't agree with Oblivion's position. Morrowind instead should take the position its sequel enjoys. The story was better and far more engaging and while its dated now, I remember the setting and atmosphere far better than Oblivion. As impressive Imperial city is, it is nothing compared to the first time I rode into Vivec City. The expansions in my mind are better with Tribunal and Bloodmoon compared to the inconsistency of Shivering Isles. While I understand from younger gamers that Oblivion will be better in their minds thanks to the larger world and better graphics, its the story and setting of Morrowind which captures my heart. Plus, in Oblivion, you can't kill a God.
  • Hobojedi - February 6, 2010 midnight

What. PC solitaire is more than 9 years old.
  • NotBraze - February 5, 2010 11:51 p.m.

Still no Myst? Myst was a defining game for both storytelling and atmosphere in gaming, not to mention it was THE best selling PC game of all time until The Sims came along in 2000.
  • OnyxOblivion - February 5, 2010 10:48 p.m.

@loonyman978 Because CoD4 was better than MW2, which just had Infinity Ward rest on its laurels. I approve of this list.
  • loonyman978 - February 5, 2010 10:20 p.m.

Solitare got higher than Cod4!!! wasn't expecting that to say the least. Notice there's no MW2 for some reason :P
  • Samuel71 - February 5, 2010 9:55 p.m.

Deus Ex is really boring.
  • Amnesiac - February 5, 2010 9:23 p.m.

Got Deus Ex during Steam's Holiday Sale. Soooooo good.