• TheWebSwinger - February 7, 2010 10:46 p.m.

CoD4 in the 90s, GTA4 in the teens? Yer killin' me here, list.
  • miasma - February 7, 2010 10:39 p.m.

yeah numbering them is kinda pointless, they are all awesome, great list tho.
  • miasma - February 7, 2010 10:38 p.m.

Why is TIE Fighter there and not X WING, basically the same game..I agree with NOtBRaze also, Myst was great, irrelevant now, but at the time it was awesome. Also, Quake 1, for the engine, the sound and atmosphere. Quake III only wins for multiplayer imo.
  • CH3BURASHKA - February 7, 2010 6:04 p.m.

Obviously, we all have our preferences and tastes, but I had many a disagreement with this list. I think numbering them was a pretty bad idea because it implies a universal order. Mirror's Edge at 99? Really?
  • cactusbob1702 - February 7, 2010 4:33 p.m.

whoa why is X-COM not in the top 5?!?!?!
  • Stabby_Joe - February 7, 2010 2:02 p.m.

No Myth... again. Thats the problem with these lists, whats listed is always whats most well known. Myth was a technical masterpiece not only for its time but still does a better job than most games these days over ten years later. Throw in an amazing story, soundtrack, character design and critic praise and awards and you've got a game with at least a nod for a list as such.
  • Marvelfan13 - February 7, 2010 12:53 a.m.

Yeah! TF2 was 3rd! I love that game. Its one of my favorites. I remember getting it in the orange box on PS3 when I first got a PS3. I bought the better PC version later. I'd still be playing it today if my computer hadn't broken.
  • GoodGuyWithACrappyJob - February 7, 2010 12:02 a.m.

Wait, hang on now. No Full Throttle? That was definitely a well designed and in-depth game that deserved to be on this list. Yeah, and where are the old classics like Myst and Age of Empires? AND no Civ 3? C'mon now.
  • DagDabreemie - February 6, 2010 11:40 p.m.

{sigh} No Star Wars Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. Pure sacrilige.
  • aion7 - February 6, 2010 10:38 p.m.

I noticed the absolute horribleness in the first page, so I skipped to page five so I could condense all my rage onto the top placers. Here goes: 19: Hitman is good, but twentieth best PC game of all time? Definitely not. 18:UT2K4 seems about right here. No rage. 17:I suppose this makes sense. I didn't think Portal was quite that good, but it does present a lot of potential, and it was rather humorous. 16: No complaints here. SS2 is awesome. 15: No. Maybe if it were optimized better, had better controls, had a better and less pretentious story, and was fun, I would agree with GTA4's placing. 14: I see why WoW is successful, but not what makes it a good game. 13: Should really be higher if 1.6 isn't. CS is the best multiplayer FPS of all time due to it's deep teamplay, and various advanced tactics and techniques. It's also well balanced and has a variety of usable weapons. 12: A very good game. I have no problem with Civ4 being in this spot. 11: I also agree with this placing. X-Com is a really cool concept, and it was excecuted fantastically. 10: Fallout 3 above Fallout 2? Really? With a terrible story, black-and-white moral choices and incredibly easy and boring gameplay Fallout 3 deserves the number ten of all time spot? I think not. 9 through 7: No complaints here, these games all rock. 6: Oblivion: hopelessly broken in innumerable ways. Non-engaging story. Immersion-breakingly bad AI. 5: I haven't played any Total war in a while, but is it really better than Civ4? The RTT sections are boring and pointless. 4: Half Life is a great game. It had a few sections with less than optimal pacing, but it is a fantastic experience. Definitely top ten material, but I'm not so sure about top five. Still, no major problems with this spot. 3: TF2 is quite fun, but it will never surpass games like CS. Probably top ten material, definitely not top five. 2: Half Life 2, for all of it's greatness, has two major problems. Firstly, there are some sections there a very slow-paced and far too long. Secondly, it crashes. A lot. Not a single game has crashed on me more than Half Life 2. 1: Deus Ex: Great game, and I can definitely see how it could be someone's all-time favorite. While I don't have a problem with this placement, it's definitely not were I would put it. Where are Diablo II, Quake 3 and StarCraft? Those would definitely make my top five. Their not making a top 19 disturbs me. 1:
  • asswatcher - February 6, 2010 6:52 p.m.

WHAT? wheres CIV 3. Only one of the best games ever. c'mon gamesradar, really
  • The_Tingler - February 6, 2010 5:49 p.m.

Some really odd choices in that list, and even odder positions. What the hell is Solitaire doing in there? It'll be Minesweeper next time. And Rainbow Islands? Seriously? Say Bubble Bobble and you can start talking. And diversify a bit guys. Two Fallouts, two Half-Lifes and two Bethesda games in the top 10 was a silly move, no matter how good they are. And AVP2 is vastly superior to AVP1 - and from what I've seen, the latest game too. No Condemned? Psychonauts? Far Cry? Batman: Arkham Asylum?
  • Thantos410 - February 6, 2010 5:49 p.m.

Wait, no Age of Empires, Gabriel Knight, and/or Myst... Meh, you guys coulda done a better job...
  • Thantos410 - February 6, 2010 5:47 p.m.

Than you GamesRadar for shedding some light on the masterpiece that is Deus Ex! I was worried at fist when I didn't see it popping up earlier in the article, and rather distressed when it's name was lacking in the top 20s. But, you guys have outdone yourselves again and put together an amazingly well done (at least I think so) list of video games. My only minor gripe is the absence of the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games and the Star Wars: Battlefront series as well (blame me if I misread.)
  • nik41507 - February 6, 2010 5:31 p.m.

No Age of Empires but world of goo and peggle. why not dinner dash?
  • nik41507 - February 6, 2010 5:29 p.m.

WHAT????????? PEGGLE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN RED ALERT 2????????? WORLD OF GOO IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN STARCRAFT????? WHY ISNT STARCRAFT+ RA2 IN THE TOP 10???????? BUT YOU PUT ROME TOTAL WAR??????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PC GAMER HOW COULD YOUUUUUUU
  • Jordo141 - February 6, 2010 2:21 p.m.

I agree with some of the other comments. I read through the list looking for Age of Empires 2. I was actually shocked when I didn't see it. It is over 10 years old and I still play it. The lack of King's Quest and Myst is also a cock up to say the least.
  • Yaro - February 6, 2010 2:02 p.m.

Deus Ex again? Seriously? Wow. I guess from the objective point of view it rally had a big impact. My personal number one will aways be Planescape Torment. Glad to see so high. =) re-captcha: Underground shamming
  • jmcgrotty - February 6, 2010 7:46 a.m.

The lack of any Kings Quests completely invalidate this list completely.
  • Spooge10 - February 6, 2010 6:02 a.m.

Well GR didn't make this list, PCGamer did, so you can't blame GR. Overall I like this list, but is is missing some classics. Good article, PCGamer.