Topics

Best of GR

• Robsoma - February 17, 2014 5:29 a.m.

I'm still holding off on buying a PS4, as 21 games on that list are just really gay or not interesting.
  • Beatty003 - March 6, 2014 12:17 p.m.

When saying that 21 of those games are "gay" you're referring to them as being really awesome, right? Because it's really uncool and offensive to use "gay" as a derogative term.
  • Dotdotdot - March 28, 2014 11:34 p.m.

You're gay, but not in manner discriminating against homosexuals; more of a naggy little b!tch way.
  • Beatty003 - March 29, 2014 1:04 a.m.

It's people like you that have made me afraid to play games online with other gamers because I actually am gay. Video games are supposed to be able to help us escape the world we live in...not remind us. It's discrimination no matter how you look at it.
  • Dotdotdot - March 29, 2014 11:53 p.m.

First off, identifying yourself as gay is unnecessary; that us made clear by the photo you selected for you profile. It also indicates that you are not a photographer. Second, nobody cares that you are gay. It is 2014, and it is no longer an issue. If that is one of your main identifying characteristics, I feel bad that you don't have more going on. I get it you're gay, it's really cool. If you like to munch a little dong, good for you, that's great stuff, have fun, and be my guest; less competition for me. Finally, people like you are why prejudice persist to be a problem. By constantly reminding people about it, and making sure to catch every slip of the tongue, you help the word retain its negative connotation. Myself, on the other hand, I am a true gay rights activist. By trivializing the word gay and making it common vernacular, I am taking away it's power to hurt. The more often it is used the less effect it has. You should be ashamed of yourself for hindering the growth of the gay community.
  • Beatty003 - March 30, 2014 3:09 a.m.

Yeah, it's 2014 and things have changed a lot in the last decade but where I am located it's still an issue. I'm happy you're an activist but using the word gay negatively is still negative. We have the power to speak life or death into situations so why should we tear people down? You have done nothing but call me names and have all these misconstrued ideas of me when you don't even know me. I am sorry that is how you feel but honestly there's probably nothing I can say to change that.
  • jagger-zite - April 26, 2014 2:49 p.m.

Woah that other guy Dotdotdot u suck gay is a big problem people get killed and kill themselves cause people hate gays so shut up I'm not gay but I support gay rights and gays
  • Timstertimster - February 7, 2014 6:34 p.m.

Played Rivals and sold it on Wbay the next day. The controls were horrible and the physics more like a PS2... Played Resogun and deleted it the next day because, well, it's a difficult platformer shooter or whatever this kind of thing is called. It looked nice but it was really traditional. Played Killzone. Awesome visuals. Standard fare FPS gameplay. My favorite game on the PS4. Challenging at times. Really too bad it's not open world. Played contrast. Neat gameplay. Unusual elements. Worth the time but a little nerdy at times. Played AC4. Best new game. Looks really nice. The water at dusk! Impressive. Foliage, not so much. Engaging pirate play but not an AC. Played BF4. Steep learning curve. I liked the BF3 campaign better than BF4, contrary to common opinion. Multiplayer, wow. I'm feeling overwhelmed with all the stuff you can do and have to figure out. And the full lobbies omg so much more intense from the PS3 days in BF3. Now ima have to wait for upcoming releases. Can't wait for TESO and GTAV and
  • mikeylawson - January 30, 2014 3:06 p.m.

Why do none of these slideshows work with my Firefox? I really don't like Chrome!
  • Timstertimster - February 7, 2014 6:41 p.m.

Maybe you have too many open tabs. Chime releases RAM when tabs are closed because it runs each tab as a separate process. FF doesn't, and then you may have issues running JavaScript apps that use too many plugins. Plugins cause memory leaks, locking up the renderer.
  • brickman409 - March 4, 2014 11:15 p.m.

I'm using Firefox and it's working just fine, it might be an issue with a plugin
  • TBLESSEDGAMER7 - January 14, 2014 7:24 a.m.

i like that there is a ps4 i just don't like that now i have to go out in buy one after just getting a ps3. and you cant even play the ps4 games on the ps3 which bugs -__-
  • CurryIsGood - December 24, 2013 4:42 a.m.

Really want a ps4, but it does not justify the $650 Indian price tag. Maybe after Metal Gear and some others.
  • angelusdlion - December 15, 2013 7:48 p.m.

Not to knock the PS4.. but isn't super motherlode a flash game?
  • Drekner - January 30, 2014 7:07 p.m.

I remember Motherlode was. That game is so entirely stupid old but it was crazy fun when I played it back then.
  • talleyXIV - December 10, 2013 5:30 p.m.

Woohoo more dirty brown and gray FPS games for the next generation.
  • The_Savage - November 18, 2013 10:21 a.m.

What's going to be the top fps multiplayer games on the next-gen consoles
  • FierceVoltage - November 17, 2013 10:40 p.m.

How can you call AC4 the best AC game yet but at the same time say "the AC lore has devolved to nonsense" ?
  • winner2 - November 18, 2013 8:28 a.m.

Lets say AC2 "was" the best AC, and let's say it holds the value of the number 5. Let's just say it's 5. Now, let's say AC4 came and with all the naval stuff it added, Edward Kenway, and the world you explore, it added 4 to 5 and became 9. But then the lore going to shit took it down to 7. It would then be the "best" AC game. You can say something negative about something and still say it's still the best regardless. And just my personal opinion, I have never cared for the over arcing story of AC, I just care about the gameplay and personal stories, not the animus and stuff.
  • Drekner - January 30, 2014 7:09 p.m.

Probably the same reason people call the game Pirates Creed IV. The pirating and sailing the seas stuff is extremely awesome but at this point AC's lore is pretty much out the window. The most fun to play Creed game, but the story dealing with Templars VS Assassins is pretty much... nonsense. Hah
  • ObliqueZombie - November 16, 2013 7:05 a.m.

To be honest, I just can't wait to see how JRPGs fair. I bet they'll look GORGEOUS and be larger than ever. Oh, and a Valkyria Chronicles 3, please.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - November 20, 2013 12:13 p.m.

Oh, ObliqueZombie - VC3 is forever out of our grasp :(
  • neosapien - November 16, 2013 6:31 a.m.

Too bad I'm broke, I can't buy a ps4
  • Jackonomics - November 15, 2013 5:12 p.m.

It's kind of sad when the games actual launch games isn't the top spots.
  • CharThom - November 15, 2013 11:34 a.m.

Hmm.. Don't know what to take from the list, that 6 of the best PS4 games are currently available on this generation consoles or that one of the actual PS4 games "Knack" has been universally panned.. To say that you can cross out 7 of these games as either not good / not a PS4 exclusive game, is PS4 having a relapse of the PS3 launch problem. I will say though from what i've played of Killzone, it's definitely an improvement on the previous game, not the best compliment but atleast it's a compliment and Resogun looks interesting, but Contrast is the flash game "Shift" but old-timey.