• Deciver - April 24, 2012 3:35 p.m.

My most anticapated games of this year will be Bioshock Infinite, Gta 5 and re6
  • Gimmeafreewater - June 22, 2012 7:30 a.m.

How is it possible I haven't seen a single mention of the craziest upcoming survival game "The Last of Us". I'm having a hard time getting pschyed for any other game at this point in time.
  • meg127 - July 12, 2012 1:16 p.m.

This list doesn't make sense. It's made up of games that came out over the past few years. Not ones that came out this year.
  • Cyberninja - July 12, 2012 1:36 p.m.

It has been changed alot, before it was a 2012 list but I guess they realized they weren't the best ever ps3 games.
  • meg127 - July 12, 2012 7:25 p.m.

That completely contradicts what is written in the opening paragraph. They had a list for the best games of 2011, then they updated it with the best games of 2012 so far, but now they just have a general list after saying they would update the list as more games came out? So....I guess they didn't like that idea anymore and just went with a general list. Which doesn't make sense.
  • db1331 - July 12, 2012 1:36 p.m.

LOL, Heavy Rain. Seriously? You're gonna have to update the list once Okami comes out. Even though it's a port, it's still a better game than most on here.
  • brickman409 - July 12, 2012 1:38 p.m.

whats awesome is that over half of these cost less than $20
  • rick-reeves - July 12, 2012 1:47 p.m.

what is great is the fact that half of these games are also on the xbox or moving to the xbox. why can't they make a ps3 list that consist of just ps3 games...oh wait that is because 4 of the 10 games mentioned is the only thing playstation own and 2 of them from what i heard aren't getting sequels.
  • bebl09 - July 12, 2012 6:11 p.m.

Lol are you for real? For one, there's 5 exclusives, not 4. Also, they could much more easily make a list like this but only exclusives for PS3 than they could for 360. What would be on the 360 list? Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo Reach, Gears, Gears 2, Gears 3, Forza 3, Forza 4, Fable 2, timed-exclusive CoD map-packs?
  • bebl09 - July 12, 2012 6:13 p.m.

Also I just thought I'd add, wtf does the fact that 2 of them aren't getting sequels have to do with anything? This is about the best games, not the best franchises. Unlike 360, the PS3 actually has a load of exclusives and they don't have to milk the same few franchises every year.
  • slimjim441 - July 12, 2012 2:29 p.m.

The non-exclusives are god games, but I agree with most other commenters by saying these kinds of lists should exclusively include exclusives. OR, game that were designed to be PS3-centric, like Silent Hill or Castlevania. And everybody stop whining about Heavy Rain. That game kicks ass, okay.
  • gilgamesh310 - July 12, 2012 2:50 p.m.

What they said about Bioshock and Uncharted 2 is self inflated nonsense. I love how critics use the phrase 'more than the some of its parts' to excuse whatever shitness might be in a game. Bioshock has mediocre gameplay. It's as simple as that. The story is great but it's stolen from System Shock 2, so it shooting be getting praise from that. Uncharted 2 is a good game and all, but it's not that good and this whole interactive film thing is nonsense. It's a game where gameplay and story are separate. The cutscenes often contradict what goes on in the gameplay. A hero in such a film wouldn't shoot 500 identikit bad guys before cracking light hearted comments to his comrades.
  • Socrates9 - July 12, 2012 2:59 p.m.

Best PS3 disc games: Dark Souls LittleBigPlanet 2 Red Dead Redemption Heavy Rain Motorstorm Apocalypse GTA 4 Metal Gear Solid 4 Infamous 2 Bioshock had an awesome premise, but was such a plain point-and-shoot game. It even lacked the implementation polish that other top tier shooting games had: low variety, lame bosses, and nothing really special.
  • FirLocke - July 12, 2012 3:06 p.m.

Always support Valkyria Chronicles! 'Cos it's really awesome. Dark Souls too.
  • JMarsella09 - July 12, 2012 3:15 p.m.

Hell yeah my brother. VC every day son.
  • aberkromby - July 12, 2012 3:09 p.m.

There was always something weird about Bioshock for me. I can't deny the amazing level of quality and detail in the game, but somehow I just never got into it. I played through twice, and both times I found myself just grinding my way through without a care in the world.
  • Darkhawk - July 12, 2012 3:23 p.m.

Holy Editorial Difference, Batman! GR was one of the few review sites that (rightly) called out Heavy Rain for being a sloppy and poorly-executed game. Who compiled this list?
  • azureguy - July 12, 2012 5:24 p.m.

Assassin's Creed II, good times. "I'm Ezio Auditore da Firenze, I bought all of Italy so ignore my kills!". I would've replaced a third-party game on the list for either Valkyria Chronicles, Dark Souls or LittleBigPlanet, though.
  • diehardmetallicafan - July 13, 2012 3:44 a.m.

Where is demon's souls??
  • sternparez - July 13, 2012 5:13 a.m.

Red Dead and Bioshock ahead of MGS4 and Batman? No chance