Topics

Gear

• NanoElite666 - November 22, 2012 11:24 a.m.

Used to use a Turtle Beach PX21 (which looks to be the actual headset shown in the DPX21 section). Great sound, especially the bass, but after about six months or so the left ear went out and I had to resort to taping the wire up in various positions to get the side to function at all. According to some research around the internet this is apparently a common problem with that particular set (apparently I'm luck to have had it last that long; some people reported their headsets crapping out on them withing a week or even a few days). So buyer beware: it works great while it works, but it may not work as long as you would like. Currently using a Steelseries Siberia V2. Sound isn't quite as good as the PX21 (not as much bass mostly), but still good headset nonetheless. Stupid-comfortable to wear as well. Only problem I have with them is the mic likes to pick up whatever audio I'm running through the set, which then draws complaints from people I'm playing with because they can hear everything that I'm doing in my game. I don't know if this is common across the line in general or just due to a faulty build in my set, but it's kind of annoying regardless. Alas, my quest for the perfect headset continues. Might have to look into one of the higher-end sets whenever my current set calls it quits. Which hopefully won't be for a while.
  • GamesRadarBrianKim - November 23, 2012 2:09 a.m.

Thanks for catching that. Are you playing on console or PC?
  • NanoElite666 - November 23, 2012 6:28 p.m.

Both actually. The PX21 is compatible with PC, PS3, and 360, so I was using it with my PC and PS3.
  • sweetchiliheat - March 13, 2013 12:57 p.m.

I've had the same problems with the same model. Luckily it was on sale (and worked for a week), and then I was back to square one
  • jaglon53 - April 10, 2013 6:07 a.m.

How come the article about the turtle beach COD blacks ops 2 Sierra headset has a picture of the turtle beach black ops 2 Tango wireless headset? I own the Tangos which are awesome and just wanted to know if you guys mixed up the review because some of the coolest features on the Sierra,s are even left out of the review/description.
  • 7-D - November 22, 2012 10:45 a.m.

I'm an Astro man myself. Such a well made product down to the last detail. Starting to play games wearing these was like the audio equivalent of the graphical leap between a Master System and Late PS3 graphics with nothing in between. Mind bending.
  • shawksta - November 22, 2012 10:38 a.m.

Great choices, while me and my bro do use our Turtle Beach for Chatting with friends while playing Multiplayer together, we also love just listening to our favorite games with them, with no interruptions by chatting. While it has no chatting feature the Wii still works with them to listen to games, which is awesome
  • ThatGamerDude - November 22, 2012 9:48 a.m.

I rather enjoy my Turtle Beach DPX21 headset. It definitely is a jack-of-all trades sort of headset that sounds especially well when listening to anything action-packed (lke playing Call of Duty or watching the Dark Knight). Just be aware that they are delicate and that some units have a "buzz" or high-pitch ringing sound that may annoy some people but overall it's a relatively good headset for below $200.
  • BrunstigElg - November 22, 2012 8:02 a.m.

You missed the Steelseries 7H USB?!?!?!? D: that thing is freaking awesome!
  • ObliqueZombie - November 22, 2012 7:38 a.m.

Atros. <3 It's like wearing a damn cloud on your ears.