A new set of Valheim patch notes are out today, April 20, chiefly addressing the issue of how expensive it was to hoe the ground.
The new Valheim patch notes mention the hoeing issue only at the end of the list, but it seems like the change that players are most impressed with. Previously, it cost a whole bunch of stone to raise the ground with your hoe, making major terraforming projects very resource-intensive. With these new Valheim patch notes, that should change, as the amount of stone required to raise the ground through hoeing has been decreased.
Elsewhere in the new patch notes, there’s a new “terrain modification system.” This new system has been introduced to make loading times "faster and smoother" overall, and Valheim's developers reveal that this new patch has taken so long to put out primarily because of this new system.
You can check out the full list of Valheim patch notes just below, as published by developer Iron Gate through the game's Steam forums.
Valheim patch notes for version 0.150.3
- Swamp draugr spawner location fix to prevent draugrs from spawning inside stones.
- Lox pet-sfx fix.
- Torches in locations should no longer support constructions.
- Dolmen location stone size fix.
- New terrain modification system.
- Terrain-modification priority changed (Terrain modifications in an area should load before buildings, only applies to the new terrain modification system).
- World loading tweaks (to fix issues with ships and buildings getting damaged while loading).
- Stop server list download when leaving the start menu (to decrease network bandwidth usage).
- Lowered the amount of stone required to Raise ground using the hoe.
While you're mulling over those changes, why not relax with the most hilarious Valheim tree kill of all time?
Valheim tips | Valheim workbench | Valheim repair | Valheim seeds | Valheim merchant | Valheim biomes | Valheim roadmap | Best Valheim weapons | Valheim consoles | Valheim Elder summon | Best Valheim armor | Valheim Bonemass | Valheim flint | Valheim crafting progression | How to plant seeds in Valheim | How to tame boars in Valheim | Valheim barley and flax | Valheim Black Metal | Valheim silver | Valheim Ymir Flesh | Valheim Moder | Valheim Yagluth