FIFA 21 Future Stars enable you to utilise the best wonderkids in world football, with stats that represent their prime years – but no career mode grind beforehand. A February addition to FIFA 21 Ultimate Team, the campaign also includes three youngsters who are upgradeable (for a limited time) through extended play, such as Dortmund striker Reinier. How does it all work, and what will names like Arsenal's Bukayo Saka cost you? All is explained in your FIFA 21 Future Stars guide.
What are FIFA 21 Future Stars and how do they work?
FIFA 21 Future Stars are a set of Ultimate Team cards which represent players at the expected pinnacle of their careers, rather than right now. Take Giovanni Reyna. As the son of former US pros Claudio Reyna and Danielle Egan, the 18-year-old Dortmund wonderkid is expected to light up both the Bundesliga and international scene for the USA in a few years’ time – and so earns a 91-rated CAM card, a whole 23 points better than his standard, 68-rated silver item. Reyna’s mega-card features attributes of 99 agility, 91 acceleration, 89 pace, 97 short passing, and 99 curve.
All players on the FIFA 21 Future Stars list are aged 23 or under, and you can see the full set at the foot of this guide.
When are FIFA 21 Future Stars released?
The first batch of FIFA 21 Future Stars was released on Friday, February 5. It featured eleven players available in packs, such as Reyna, Camavinga (CM, 91), Reece James (RB, 87) and Steven Bergwijn (LM, 89). The latter pair were joined by one more Premier League player: Leicester City’s Harvey Barnes (CAM, 88). Reyna and Camavinga shared the honours of ‘best’ future star, while the ‘worst’ – if you can use such as term, given that he’s rated 85 overall with 88 pace and 84 physicality – is Milan left-back Diogo Dalot.
The second batch of players was in packs from Friday, February 12 to Friday, February 19. Highlights included Ansu Fati (ST, 91), Bukayo Saka (RM, 90), Edmond Tapsoba (CB, 89) and Alessandro Bastoni (CB, 87).
How much do FIFA 21 Future Stars cost?
As I write this, three FIFA 21 Future Stars require you to break the one million barrier. With ratings of 91 passing, 87 defending and 87 physicality Camavinga is retailing for a staggering 1.68 million. Saka's pace rating of 96 is key to a 1.9 million asking price, while Fati is the priciest of all, at 2.1 million.
Looking for a FIFA 21 Future Stars bargain? Real Madrid keeper Andriy Lunin costs 48K in exchange for an 87-rated card, while the Dalot item mentioned above is currently being shopped for 29K. All prices are correct on PS4 as of Sunday, March 7.
How else can I acquire FIFA 21 Future Stars?
As has become traditional this season, EA made select players available outside of the transfer market for a limited time. The first of these in the Future Stars campaign was Lyon central midfielder Bruno Guimaraes. His 87-rated card could be unlocked via a FIFA 21 SBC (Squad Building Challenge) with a cheeky twist. There are two versions, both with the same overall rating, but each with a unique design, and slightly different attributes. The home kit places him at CDM with stats of 80 pace, 90 defending and 86 physicality, while the away kit version is a CM with 81 pace, 85 passing and 88 dribbling.
Additional SBCs enabled the acquisition of Sporting Lisbon hot prospect Pedro Goncalves, and Sheffield United's former Liverpool forward Rhian Brewster.
Three additional players received a set of four cards with tiered attributes, unlocked as you completed specific in-game objectives. Dortmund striker Reinier could advance from 78 to 82 to 85 to 87 in this way, while Leicester defender Wesley Fofana and Getafe midfielder Cucurella also scored incremental upgrades based on achievements made with them in your starting XI. Again, these are reflected in the full list of FIFA 21 Future Stars below.
What else was new with FIFA 21 Future Stars?
Three of the players in FIFA 21 Future Stars Team 1 (Reyna, James, and Dalot) also received a card offering different stats in FIFA 21 Future Stars Team 2.
“Future Stars can fulfil their potential in a variety of ways,” said EA. “To celebrate this, 3 of the items featured in Team 1 (signified with a glow for visual purposes in the asset) will each have a second Future Star player item released as a part of Team 2."
Is there a full FIFA 21 Future Stars list?
Sure thing. The complete FIFA 21 Future Stars list as of Wednesday 24 February is as follows. Players marked with a * have more than one card available.
- Ansu Fati (ST, Barcelona) - 92
- Giovanni Reyna* (CAM, Dortmund) - 91
- Giovanni Reyna* (RM, Dortmund) - 91
- Eduardo Camavinga (CM, Rennes) - 91
- Bukayo Saka (RM, Arsenal) - 90
- Steven Bergwijn (LM, Tottenham) - 89
- Edmond Tapsoba (CM, Leverkusen) - 89
- Dejan Kulusevski (RW, Piemonte Calcio) - 88
- Sergino Dest (RB. Barcelona) - 88
- Dominik Szoboszlai (LM, RB Leipzig) - 88
- Harvey Barnes (CAM, Leicester) - 88
- Antony (CAM, Ajax) - 88
- Ruben Dias (CB, Manchester City) - 88
- Curtis Jones* (CM, Liverpool) - 88 [SBC only]
- Curtis Jones* (LM, Liverpool) - 88 [SBC only]
- Reinier* (ST, Dortmund) - 87 [Objectives only]
- Reece James (RB, Chelsea) - 87
- Andriy Lunin (GK, Real Madrid) - 87
- Jean-Clair Todibo (CB, Nice) - 87
- Bruno Guimaraes* (CDM, Lyon) - 87 [SBC only]
- Bruno Guimaraes* (CM, Lyon) - 87 [SBC only]
- Pedro Goncalves* (CM, Sporting Lisbon) - 87 [SBC only]
- Pedro Goncalves* (RW, Sporting Lisbon) - 87 [SBC only]
- Cucurella* (LM, Getafe) - 87 [Objectives only]
- Alexander Isak (CF, Real Sociedad) - 86
- Rhian Brewster (ST, Sheffield United) - 86 [SBC only]
- Pervis Estupinan (LB, Villarreal) - 86
- Jonathan David (ST, LOSC) - 86
- Cucurella* (LM, Getafe) - 86 [Objectives only]
- Wesley Fofana* (CB, Leicester City) - 86 [Objectives only]
- Diogo Dalot* (LB, AC Milan) - 85
- Diogo Dalot* (RB, AC Milan) - 85
- Oscar (CAM, Sevilla) - 85
- Diego Lainez (LM, Real Betis) - 85
- Reinier* (ST, Dortmund) - 85 [Objectives only]
- Cucurella* (CM, Getafe) - 84 [Objectives only]
- Wesley Fofana* (CB, Leicester City) - 84 [Objectives only]
- Reinier* (CF, Dortmund) - 82 [Objectives only]
- Cucurella* (LB, Getafe) - 82 [Objectives only]
- Wesley Fofana* (CDM, Leicester City) - 82 [Objectives only]
- Reinier* (CF, Dortmund) - 78 [Objectives only]
- Wesley Fofana* (CB, Leicester City) - 78 [Objectives only]
FIFA 21 review | FIFA 21 tips | FIFA 21 patch notes | FIFA 21 Ultimate Team | FIFA 21 Volta | FIFA 21 best teams | FIFA 21 best young players | FIFA 21 Career Mode guide | FIFA 21 ratings | FIFA 21 women ratings | FIFA 21 icons | FIFA 21 OTW cards | FIFA 21 coins | FIFA 21 celebrations | FIFA 21 kits | FIFA 21 player faces | FIFA 21 stadiums | FIFA 21 chemistry styles | FIFA 21 Juventus | FIFA 21 web app guide | FIFA 21 loyalty glitch