Marvel's Spider Man 2 best skills, gadgets, suit tech and abilities are something to consider early, as the things you choose or invest in can affect how the mid and later game plays out. Powers, enemies and attacks change over the course of the game and if you choose left when the game goes right, so to speak, you could find yourself at a disadvantage
As somebody who's played Marvel's Spider-Man 2 all the way to the end, and maxed out every skill and ability along the way for both Peter and Miles, I'll show you all the best Spider Man 2 gadgets, tech, skills, abilities and more besides. We've also got a range of Spider-Man 2 tips to help you out with more general stuff as well.
Warning: this guide has minor spoilers in the final "abilities" section, but is otherwise spoiler-free until then.
Best Spider-Man 2 skills
Skill points are unlocked by levelling up, and with a lot of options across three different trees, we recommend investing in the shared tree before anything else. Specifically, the following skills:
- Web Whip. This disarming power allows you to rip a weapon out of an enemy's hands and hit them with it - a great option if you find yourself constantly dodging bullets.
- Fired Up. The higher your combo, the more Focus you get - a massive advantage when you're on a roll, as Focus is both a way to instantly take down a foe, or heal yourself.
- Perfect Dodge Recharge. Landing a perfect dodge recharges your more powerful abilities, and while getting a perfect dodge isn't necessarily easy, the amount of times you dodge attacks in a single fight means that this really builds over time.
Best Spider-Man 2 gadgets
There are less Gadgets in Spider-Man 2 than in the first game, but they're no less potent. You'll need various tech and tokens depending on what you're upgrading - so you'll need to find Spider-Man 2 tech crates, as well as take on side activities - and while they all have their uses, there's two standouts that we feel are worth working through first.
- Web Shooters. Your default web shooters are used so often that there's no reason not to put something towards them, especially as the final upgrade can allow you to take out a standard enemy all on its own - and unlike your other gadgets, they rapidly refill.
- Ricochet Web. The Ricochet is quick to use, requires virtually no thought, and can ensnare and even defeat half a dozen enemies in a single use - and if they're not beaten, a single swing-kick into a wall will end them a moment later.
Best Spider-Man 2 suit tech
Suits and abilities are longer tied to specific Spider-Man 2 suits, so players can invest in whatever they want, while wearing whatever tights they please. Like gadgets, you'll need a wide variety of resources to work through these skill trees, and also like gadgets, there's a couple of standouts.
- Focus. Focus skills cover literally everything - stealth, combat, damage and healing, and the speed at which you gain focus can determine whether you win or lose a fight.
- Damage. Enemies have a habit of getting pretty spongey in the latter half of the game, and you'll want to reinforce your fists a little more or else risk whaling on them for hours.
Best Spider-Man 2 abilities
Minor spoilers to follow, but there's no way around it: a little later in the game both Miles and Peter start gaining new abilities to replace their standard Venom Blasts and Robotic Spider Arms - namely Evolved Venom and the Spider-Man 2 Symbiote Powers respectively.
This means you can swap between them to some degree, as well as gain more abilities through their specific skill trees. Here's our preferred picks for the best loadout, simply based on which abilities I found more powerful in general use:
- Miles Morales
- Venom Punch (Square)
- Thunder Burst (Triangle)
- Reverse Flux (Circle)
- Galvanise (X)
- Peter Parker
- Venom Punch (Square)
- Spider Rush (Triangle)
- Venom Blast (Circle)
- Venom Tempest (X)
© GamesRadar+. Not to be reproduced without permission