Knowing how to turn off the PS5 adaptive triggers and haptic feedback is a fair request - the more immersive button reactions aren't for everybody, whether it's a matter of personal preference or accessibility. For that reason, we've laid out how to switch off the PS5 adaptive triggers in the PS5 menu below.
- From the PS5 home screen, go to the gear icon to open Settings
- Scroll down to Accessories
- Scroll down to Controllers
- To disable the haptic feedback, choose Vibration Intensity and set it to Off
- To disable the adaptive triggers, choose Trigger Effect Intensity and set it to Off
If you have more than one DualSense controller you'll need to change the settings for both. To turn them back on, or adjust the strength of either sensation, just head back into the same menu.
If you have any other questions about the PS5 we've got you covered below with our wealth of guides, from simple things like finding that power button (harder than you think) to all the games you're going to want to play on your new machine.
PS5 review | Transfer games to PS5 hard drive | How to use a PS4 controller with PS5 | Where is the PS5 power button | PS5 standby mode explained | Best PS5 SSD | Best PS5 external hard drives | PS5 headsets | Upcoming PS5 games | How to download PS4 saves on PS5 | PS5 deals