To end the week: RDJ suits up for two more Avengers , Independence Day 2 gets a release date and Mary Jane Watson may have a new face
• Robert Downey Jr has signed a two-picture agreement, ensuring that he will return as Iron Man in The Avengers 2 and 3 . Interestingly, there is no mention of Iron Man 4 . His time with Marvel has been extremely lucrative so it comes as no surprise that they want to keep him signed up. [Via Coming Soon ](opens in new tab)
• Only a day after the news that Shailene Woodley’s scenes as Mary Jane have been cut from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 , it has been revealed that Sarah Gadon is joining the cast. Could the Cosmopolis star be the new Mary Jane Watson? [Via Comic Book Movie ]
• Here is an exciting rumour if you’re a fan of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson – and why wouldn’t you be? He may be joining the cast of Terminator 5 alongside Arnie. T5 is rumoured to be set before Sarah Connor’s birth and feature Arnie as a heroic human. [Via Coming Soon ]
• According to Latino Review, Doctor Strange could face three villains in the movie expected to be announced at Comic-Con. Dormammu, Baron Karl Mondo and the Mindless Ones have all be named as potential adversaries. This will excite fans, but may be a case of putting the cart before the horse. [Via Comic Book Movie ]
• Check out the two new posters for Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters , opening 7 August. [Via Comic Book Movie ](opens in new tab) (opens in new tab)
• 20th Century Fox has announced dates for some long-awaited releases. Roland Emmerich’s Independence Day 2 will be in cinemas on 3 July 2015, X-Men: Days Of Future Past will arrive two months early on 23 May 2014 and Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes is set for 18 July 2014. [Via Coming Soon ]
• Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be at Comic-Con, it has been announced by ABC. Joss Whedon and “Agent Coulson” Clark Gregg will appear on the panel. This is already set to be one of the highlights. [Via Coming Soon ]
• The first TV spot for Batman: Arkham Origins has bee released. The game is set before Arkham Asylum and Arkham City and features a younger Batman. It will be available from 25 October. [Via Superhero Hype ]
• The ashes of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry are blasting into deep space. He will be joined on his quest by the remains of his wife Majel Barrett Roddenberry, James Doohan (Scotty) and Arthur C. Clarke. [Via The Hollywood Reporter ]
• Veronica Roth, author of Divergent , has said she is writing four ebooks set in the novel’s futuristic universe. A film adaptation is currently in production and expected March 2014. [Via The Hollywood Reporter ]
• Room 9 , South Africa's answer to The X-Files, is coming to the Africa Channel (Sky 209, Virgin 828) in July. Here's a (very short) teaser.
• See the set photos from X-Men: Days of Future Past showing Hugh Jackman sporting some 1970s garb as he returns as Wolverine. [Via Collider ]
• And here’s a weekend treat. If the painful memories of the Red Wedding haven’t dulled yet and you’re still harbouring some angry feeling towards George RR Martin , here he is explaining himself.