The best Warzone 2 guns can change around a lot with each balance update, but some weapons continue to perform well in battle royale. With the new Season 3 update for Warzone 2, plenty of weapons and attachments saw adjustments to rein them in a bit, such as the ISO Hemlock, RAAL MG and Vaznev-9K, but there are still plenty of excellent options across all weapon types for your loadouts. While this guide is largely based on what the Warzone 2 Season 3 meta weapons are right now, it looks more broadly at the top performers in each weapon category.
Obviously, your own personal preference and playstyle will affect your loadout decisions, so I encourage you to experiment with the weapons in each category to see what feels good. Many of the weapons feel very similar, so it's hard to go wrong when picking one – just make sure you slot in some good attachments that compliment your playstyle. Here are the best Warzone guns that you can use right now.
Best Warzone 2 Assault Rifles
- ISO Hemlock: Easy-to-use assault rifle with good damage and low recoil.
- TAQ-56: Accurate and versatile assault rifle thanks to the customization potential.
- Kastov 762: Powerful rifle with good range.
- Chimera: Integrated suppressor and good handling means you can use it more like an SMG.
Best Warzone 2 SMGs
- Lachmann Sub: Excellent all-rounder SMG with versatile customization.
- Vaznev-9K: Another great all-rounder SMG.
- VEL-46: Good super-close-range SMG with a high fire rate and great hip-fire.
Best Warzone 2 LMGs
- Sakin MG38: Powerful machine gun with a large magazine but bouncy recoil.
- RPK: Great handling and good recoil for an LMG.
- RAAL MG: High-damage LMG that sits between the Sakin and RPK in terms of handling and recoil.
Best Warzone 2 Battle Rifles
- TAQ-V: Powerful rifle with minimal recoil, especially in semi-auto.
- Cronen Squall: Good fire rate and effective in both fully and semi-automatic modes.
- Lachmann-762: Balanced weapon that can be customized to your liking.
Best Warzone 2 Marksman Rifles
- Tempus Torrent: Good damage, range, and magazine size. Marksman Rifles are generally outclassed by similar weapon types.
Best Warzone 2 Sniper Rifles
- MCPR-300: Great bolt-action rifle with a massive magazine. Explosive ammo and attachments allow for one-shot kills with a headshot.
- FJX Imperium: Bolt-action sniper rifle with massive ammo reserves and similar to the MCPR.
- Signal 50: Very powerful semi-automatic sniper rifle with limited ammo.
Best Warzone 2 Shotguns
- KV-Broadside: Semi-auto shotgun with a good fire rate and rapid reload. Other shotguns are substantially weaker.
Best Warzone 2 Handguns
- Basilisk: Powerful revolver that demands accuracy. Two headshots can kill fully armored enemies.
- X13 Auto: Low range but powerful full auto pistol.
Best Warzone 2 Launchers
- Strela-P: Precise rocket launcher and effective against vehicles and players.
- RPG-7: Best Launcher handling and good to blast at other players.
© GamesRadar+. Not to be reproduced without permission