• death4us - November 27, 2013 11:27 p.m.

What happened to consoles edge over the PC by just putting a game in and being able to play it??? Now you have to do everything a PC does and sometimes more. Consoles now are just underpowered overpriced PCs that are connected to your TV. So if you want your console to do what your PC does why not just use your PC instead lol
  • N7Spartan95 - November 28, 2013 4:31 a.m.

I don't know; cheaper price plus not having to worry about system requirements? That's why I like gaming on consoles, and I'm sure plenty of other people like the convenience.
  • bernard-marlow - November 28, 2013 7:54 a.m.

Cheaper price no longer applies to console, I built a pc that runs battlefield 4 @ 120 fps at greater graphical spec than either console. It cost me £280 to build & I play with a controller in front of my telly. I don't really look at system spec on games & with the steam sales you can get great games like skyrim @ £3.75 bargin & all my online play is free of charge. Console owners really have a very bad deal this gen.
  • abetterplayer - November 28, 2013 10:59 a.m.

and what graphics card did you buy? although i do agree with you the cheaper console arguement died years ago, as for the system spec you dont have to keep looking i built my pc 3 years ago and i havnt had to look at the system requirements and with services like steam you will prob realise that 1 the pc is actually cheaper in the long run 2 they do everything and more and better 3 the pc is probably just as convenient as either of the consoles al get a Ps4 when i can but i still think people should readjust their old and dated arguements as they are simply wrong!
  • N7Spartan95 - December 4, 2013 4:23 p.m.

I will concede to your argument. I just thought that a high-end PC would cost $1000 or something similar. Though I guess free online play would make it cheaper in the long run.
  • treeroy - February 11, 2014 2:14 p.m.

You can get a PC for the same price as PS4/XB1 and it will give you the same performance. And you're completely right - there's no online cost, unlike PS4/XB1. And you might need to upgrade a component or two in a few years but the cost of games is much, much cheaper, so it evens out.
  • Timstertimster - November 28, 2013 6:15 p.m.

I built a gaming PC 4 months ago. Lets see: MoBo $40.- and 8GB DDR3 RAM $45.- and AMD CPU $110.- and GeForce 2GB graphics card $120.- and Power Supply $25.- and power switch and cables $10.- and $500 GB HDD $60.- and DVD drive (no blu ray) $25.- and Windows 7 $80.- and case $30.- and keyboard $15.- and mouse $5.- and Xbox controller $45.- That's $610.- (I'm no math genius sorry if I'm a few $ off) It's versatile, indeed. But it's not a monster and it does NOT play BF3 at ultra settings without the occasional stutter. I'm sorry but anyone claiming to have a rig that can perform 120 FPS at ultra settings without paying more than you pay for a console is conveniently forgetting that they already have many components and all they really bought for the money is a MoBo CPU combo and some ram and a graphics card
  • Eightboll812 - November 28, 2013 7:23 p.m.

But that **IS** one of the advantages of a PC, why should you discount it? If I need to upgrade in a few years, I can keep a number of components. A console you have no choice but to buy as a single unit, new case, new PS, new controller, etc. It seems like you are going out of your way to handicap the PC, without similarly noting that with a new console you usually get more than one controller and then some do-hicky keyboard for typing, and a camera and maybe even a remote or an interface for a universal remote, etc. If you are really trying to add up all the hidden costs of a PC, you should be adding up all the hidden costs of a new console too...at least that's the way I see it. Lastly, given consoles can't do true HD with BF4 and are locked at 60 FPS, not going up to 120 either, I'm not sure the point of your second to last comment. It seems your PC is probably better than what you are getting with a PS4/Xbone.
  • treeroy - February 11, 2014 2:13 p.m.

It's not even like PCs are difficult to use though. You seem a decade out of touch. Turn power button on > click on Steam > click on game > you're in the game Seriously, you can get to whatever game you want and be playing it with just TWO clicks of the mouse after turning the computer on. How is that even remotely difficult?
  • kurosaki-ichi - November 27, 2013 6:35 p.m.

They need to make it beable to play ps3 games
  • TheGooseinator - November 27, 2013 4:20 p.m.

Speaking of the PlayStation Eye, what happened to Move? Is that still a thing?
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 27, 2013 4:02 p.m.

These things are very correct. Still, the ability to use any headphones with a 3.5 mm jack is so excellent. It can't be overstated, yet has barely been stated.
  • brickman409 - November 28, 2013 9:56 a.m.

Your acting like the built in headphone jack on the dualshock 4 is revolutionary but the wii U had the same thing a year earlier.
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 28, 2013 10:53 a.m.

I didn't say it was revolutionary. I just said it's a very understated feature. And I know the Wii U has one too because I have both Wii U and PS4. The point is that no one praises that small, but very welcome, feature like they should.
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - November 27, 2013 3:56 p.m.

Ditto on the ridiculously low battery life, but be careful what you wish for with that last complaint. Do you really want to open the flood gates for shitty goth cheerleader dynamic themes like on PS3?
  • scifly - November 27, 2013 3:54 p.m.

All hail BonerKing, king of Minneapolis.
  • Danomeon - November 27, 2013 1:21 p.m.

I want to see more exclusives! Killzone is great, and it seems like they have third party nailed down, (COD: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assasain's Creed, Watch Dogs, and Destiny all either look better or will have more content on the PS4) but I think Xbox one has a stronger lineup of launch exclusives. Historically, I think it's been the other way around. The PS3 was practically powered by Sony exclusives (Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, The Last of Us, Killzone, God of War, Little Big Planet, Resistance, Infamous...) and I bought the PS4 over the xbox one in anticipation of the awesome exclusives to come. Second Son is a great start to the exclusive train, and I'm sure The Order and Uncharted 4 will be fantastic. But I want to hear more about exclusives! Are we getting a new God of War, or a new franchise from Santa Monica? Is The Last Guardian something I can look forward to, or is it a lost dream? What other surprises are coming down the pipeline? I'm confident Sony will step up to the plate and deliver these exclusives, but right now it seems as if Microsoft has more announced exclusives in the pipeline. (Even with Titanfall and Project SPARK not being actual exclusives because they'll be playable on PC, too.)
  • daredberet0002 - December 1, 2013 9:43 a.m.

I think Sony is trying to play it safe with announcing the or exclusives. They got burnt pretty badly announcing them on the ps3 so I think they will hold off announcing the exclusive games or hold many details until they are sure the final product is going to be released on a given date. They already messed up with Drive club for ps4. And I understand the ps4 stream features and all of that stuff can be improved, but can we at least say the ps4 has it? Because currently, Microsoft cant.
  • Feloniousmax - November 27, 2013 12:35 p.m.

Pertaining to this, "On top of that, being able to customize audio settings so my system knows we want to route all sound, not just chat, through a headset as soon as we plug it into the controller would save time and make the PS4 better suited to our specific needs." You can do this provided you have your headphones plugged into the DS4. Settings>Sound and Screen>Audio Output Settings>Output to Headphones>All Audio. Again, the headphones must be plugged into the DS4 to access these options.
  • ObliqueZombie - November 27, 2013 3:17 p.m.

The idea was they want more intuitive ways. As much as I love my PC, that's one thing I yearn for...
  • Timstertimster - November 28, 2013 6:21 p.m.

A volume wheel on the controller!
  • treeroy - February 11, 2014 2:16 p.m.

That would be nice. My computer mouse has two scroll wheels and I use one for volume control. It's so helpful in games. ^_^
  • macrm32 - November 27, 2013 5:12 p.m.

You didn't get what he meant. He was refering to presets, as in, when you plug in the headphones, it automatically does, say, all audio on it, or voice chat only on it. Like what I do on my PC: I can choose to silence my speakers when I plug my headphones, or simply output on both, and it automatically does this as I plug in, no need to configure every single time.