As a Final Fantasy without traditional leveling progression, every little stat upgrade helps in Lightning Returns. You can get a lot of those by taking on many of the game’s side missions. Some are simple fetch quests while others are more complicated endeavours, often requiring you complete other side missions beforehand.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1) Keep track of key items you find in the battlefield and around town. Many key items can be found even before you accept the quests related to those items. If you’re having a hard time finding an item, you might very well have it already.
2) The cities in Lightning Returns might be packed, but the quest givers are easy to spot. Simply look out of citizens with stars below their names. The stars denote the difficulty of the quest.
3) Don’t forget that you can accept multiple quests in multiple regions at any time.
4) Sprint! While Lightning moves at a healthy jogging pace, she can also sprint short distances if you hold down the right trigger button. The time you save will add up.
5) Speaking of saving time, you can literally stop time by using the Chronostasis power. It’s especially helpful if your quest deadline is fast approaching. If you have leftover EP by 5AM, you’d might as well exhaust it with Chronostasis so you can squeeze in a quest here and there.