• EchoFx - May 1, 2012 11:35 p.m.

I'm so glad you guys included Ultimate Spider-Man. Until Arkham Asylum came out, it was my all-time favorite superhero game.
  • bass88 - May 2, 2012 3:47 a.m.

You included The Punisher. That is good.
  • Amcnally - May 2, 2012 6:41 a.m.

gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed with this list... MUA 1 was far superior to the 2nd one in terms of gameplay, storyline, graphics, voice acting, characters (except Juggernaut & Gambit, they were awesome),etc - they completely ruined the civil war storyline with the idiotic nanite sidestory.... oh, and fuck Freedom Force. And X-Men Origins: Wolverine was awesome too
  • jackthemenace - May 2, 2012 8:14 a.m.

Man, I still haven't got round to playing Arkham City yet, and it's something I really want to do. The other two things in the article I definitely want to pick up are M:UA and Ultimate Spiderman now. Especially the altter; I was fully expecting the PSOne Spiderman to make the list, what with it being F*CKING AMAZING, and to find out that there was a better one? brilliant :D
  • TheHowetzer - May 2, 2012 8:24 a.m.

I am shocked that you picked Arkham City. No I'm not. However...Prototype was passed over for Infamous...hrmmm that's interesting yes? It is.
  • talleyXIV - May 2, 2012 2:38 p.m.

The guy from Prototype is not a super hero in the least bit. You can barely define him as a mercenary.
  • Mr.YumYums - July 22, 2013 1:09 p.m.

Yeah, that guy's a maniac.
  • KA87 - May 2, 2012 8:25 a.m.

A very interesting list. I liked the addition of Cole because he can be a superhero or superevil. Is it me or are you technically a superhero in most games today? 1. In most games your character has super human powers like being shot 500 times and not dying or biotic powers. 2. In most games you play as the hero of the story. You guys should make a list of the best super villains in gaming. You can start with Cole and Alex Mercer. You could also throw in Glados and Wesker, but you don't play as them in the main game.
  • TriforcePlayer - May 2, 2012 9:01 a.m.

Spider-Man 2
  • shawksta - May 2, 2012 9:07 a.m.

Great list, especially the inclusion of Cole and Turtles in time! I agree heavily with choosing Ultimate Spider-man, it definitly improved Spider-man 2's concept and Playing Venom was just fantastic despite it being timed, but its all worth beating the game.
  • Groocifer - May 2, 2012 2:41 p.m.

I'm disappointed (but not surprised, given that this article was from the GR US team) that the classic isometric Batman game from Ocean Software on the Spectrum and C64 didn't get a mention. Admittedly the game had almost nothing to do with the caped crusader whatsoever, but the little Batman sprite was the cutest you'll ever see!
  • CitizenWolfie - May 2, 2012 2:43 p.m.

I'd have picked Spider-man 2 over Ultimate as I thought Spidey's movements flowed much better. But it's a fair call I guess. Good choices on Hulk and inFAMOUS as well. I really enjoyed the Hulk game. And its sequel, Prototype.
  • arthur-hansen - May 2, 2012 6:03 p.m.

So exactly how much did Sony pay you to pick their P.O.S. MMO?
  • awesomesauce - July 19, 2013 11:10 p.m.

Are you talking about DC Universe? Why would sony pay them for that? The game is actually good on it's own plus it's on steam too so there's not a exclusive deal here. And it's not even that high on the list.
  • Grumpyfanboy - May 2, 2012 6:18 p.m.

How can this be considered a complete list without City of Heroes?
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - May 2, 2012 6:42 p.m.

Spider Man 2
  • kit07 - May 2, 2012 7:31 p.m.

you know what I just realized? there isn't an Avengers tie-in game. Iron man had one, so did thor, and I think the cap did too. hmm neat.
  • coyoteDUSTER - May 3, 2012 4:07 p.m.

I remember the old SNES game Maximum Carnage. Where you could play as Spiderman or Venom. I liked that game alot.
  • metalgatesolid - July 19, 2013 2:33 p.m.

I have to admit i really liked The Amazing Spiderman. Played like Arkham just with an entire (although slightly empty) city to explore. The Punisher is amazing and I want it on PSN. But Arkham is obviously the top dog when it comes to Superhero games
  • BladedFalcon - July 19, 2013 2:50 p.m.

It's kinda depressing to see this list, and realize that a good chunk of these aren't really good so much as they are acceptable, or mediocre at best >>;