Topics

Best of GR

• Cyberninja - November 13, 2013 3:44 p.m.

Fun the top 2 games for a system are still available for Current gen and 3 of the 4 exclusive games are in the bottom half of the list, why is anyone in a rush to join the "Next Gen" bandwagon if none of it is any good yet?
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 4:04 p.m.

Same reason certain people rushed to join the "not quite next gen" bandwagon Nintendo offered them last year, except with even less worthwhile games, both third party and otherwise! :P Trolling aside, it's the way this always works, and I mean, while people like you and me might know better than to buy a console at launch, those that do kinda do us a favor, by filling in the ranks, showing the companies that there IS a demand for it, and serving as an incentive to make more games for it as a result.
  • Manguy17 - November 13, 2013 5:23 p.m.

I know buying on launch is a bad idea, but tbh I'm just excited that this is the first big tech release where I have actually had the money to buy on launch. Hopefully I wont regret it..too much.
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 5:38 p.m.

That's fine! Again, I am not really attacking those that are buying it at launch, if you have the money, and you're that excited for the console, go right ahead! ^^ I was talking about my own experiences, and why to me it isn't worth it anymore. But I also KNOW there's a definite charm to get a console early, and excitement that otherwise isn't there later own. but I'm a grumpy fuckface, so I care not for those joys of life anymore :P
  • Christopia86 - November 13, 2013 5:53 p.m.

Ah, well it appears that I may have misinterpreted what you said. I read "know better" to imply that you felt you had better information or quite litteraly "were better at knowing" in this context, which I felt was an arrogant viewpoint, rather than taking any actual offence. Obviously, this has been cleared up, I can see what it was you were actually saying and that is fair enough.
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 6:12 p.m.

Okay then! I'm happy that has been cleared up ^^ I mean, i know i can be a bit of an ass, but I seriously didn't mean offense this time. Sorry i got annoyed at this, but also thanks for replying and that we've been able to solve this issue :D Also, on that same line, even if I'm skipping on it for now, i genuinely do hope you enjoy your brand new PS4 soon! ^^ Even if I'm waiting to get it, I'm still very much interested on it, and I hope it fully delivers on it's promise.
  • Christopia86 - November 13, 2013 6:32 p.m.

And I am glad we have been able to discuss the issue and resolve it, which is far better than arguing over a very minor issue. Hopefully the PS4 will live up to my expectations, and if you do end up getting one, I hope you enjoy it!
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 7:02 p.m.

Indeed, and thanks! that's the idea ^^
  • Child Of Death - November 13, 2013 9:08 p.m.

Holy crap did an argument on the internet resolve itself peacefully?! Wow!
  • BladedFalcon - November 13, 2013 9:08 p.m.

Happens more often than you'd think if you look closely enough ;)
  • walter-thetechguy-gates-jr - November 18, 2013 12:12 p.m.

LOL yeah i know this may seem rare
  • garnsr - December 9, 2013 7:24 p.m.

I agree with the initial point, if no one buys consoles early, no one makes games for the consoles, so the consoles cease to exist quickly. Waiting to buy everything leads to all the companies who make the things we love ceasing to exist, if they belong to Activision, or being blamed for all the problems of the whole company, if they belong to Square Enix. The current environment in the game industry isn't very hospitable to wait-and-see customers.
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 13, 2013 6:06 a.m.

Well by the looks of it I chose the right 3 games to buy from Target's B2G1 (KZ, AC, and BF). My estimation is that Knack will be $30 sometime in the first couple of months of next year. So if I get it at all, it will be then.
  • Hig1134 - August 5, 2013 7:38 a.m.

I'd say I'm most excited for Infamous: SS, but Killzone has me stoked for PS4's launch. I'll be grabbing that, and Knack(it'll make a nice palette cleanser), for the PS4 at launch. I have high hopes for The Order, but little is known about it at this point. I'll reserve my judgement, but I've no doubt it will be good.
  • imgifted93 - August 3, 2013 8:51 a.m.

The Witcher 3 looks absolutely amazing, and I was a huge fan of previous entries in the series. I'm betting it'll be the game to blow me away the most.
  • AaronTheGamingGeek - August 3, 2013 6:26 a.m.

hopefully kingdom hearts III
  • taokaka - August 2, 2013 10:27 p.m.

Infamous, FFXV and watchdogs are my bet for the best games, I feel like I don't even need to explain why. The witness definitely has my attention because I loved braid and I'm a sucker for puzzle games. I love the killzone franchise and the new one is going to be the game I pick up with my ps4 at launch but it looks rather different from previous entries so I'm not sure how it will turn out. Knack looks like a breathe of fresh air for AAA games but gameplay videos haven't inspired me in the slightest. I agree with cyberninja about Kingdom hearts 3, there's no chance of it being out next year. Haven't seen enough of 1886 to make an opinion. Don't give a f**k about assassins creed 4, call of duty or battlefield.
  • Errrrbo - August 2, 2013 10:15 p.m.

Infamous Second Son is looking absolutely amazing.
  • rainn'sgaydar - August 2, 2013 9:29 p.m.

My expectation is that it will be Infamous Second Son. My hope is that the topic is genuinely debatable. Then we all win!
  • Danomeon - August 2, 2013 5:26 p.m.

Here are my opinions. Safest bet: Infamous Second Son. The Second infamous was absolutely fantastic, and it'd be hard to go wrong with a cool open world game featuring the powers shown in the E3 trailer. Risky possibility: Knack. If the developers manage to pull off a feeling similar to that classic Crash Bandicoot, it could be fantastic, and I've really been itching for a great old-school 3D platformer. Unfortunately, I haven't seen enough interesting footage of the game to be able to safely say it'll be able to pull that off. Wait and see: The Order 1886. It's a really cool concept being backed by a capable developer, but with no gameplay footage so far there's no way to tell if it'll be awesome or not. Still, with that developer behind this concept, the results could be fantastic. I feel like I should mention: Killzone will probably have some pretty great multiplayer that will get me over the post-launch dry spots usually associated with next gen consoles.
  • Rhymenocerous - August 2, 2013 12:24 p.m.

Well, I've decided I'm waiting until I finish Dark Souls 2 before buying a PS4. Hopefully the games library will have grown by then, and we'll be closer to MGS5. The Witness has me intrigued though, but I'm not entirely sure what it's all about yet.
  • shawksta - August 2, 2013 noon

Infamous, Killzone, or The Order I want Knack to do good, it seems very interesting but when i look at gameplay videos something just feels off, hopefully im wrong and since it was back at E3, they have made it better by now.