Topics

Gear

• azimech49 - July 24, 2014 7:27 p.m.

Kind of disappointed because my Cooler Master Sirus was not in the list. True 5.1 sound with 4 drivers at each side and a volume module with different levels per channel. Sounds great for shooters like battlefields and l4d2 where sound cues are important, instant location of enemies. Music in 5.1 DVDs sound great too.
  • azelea-lee - May 19, 2014 6:37 a.m.

I would still stick to Logitech Wireless Gaming headset. Sound quality in gaming is rare in most bluetooth headsets nowadays. It's already packed with programming buttons and a 7.1 surround sound audio feature. I believe the best gaming headset under 100. bestheadphonesreviews
  • MikeJazzfaceTheDancingSquirrel - May 18, 2014 4:34 a.m.

they dont have a built in mic but my krk kns8400's are pukka for gaming. they are designed for music production so do a great job of making everything sound clear and how it 'should' sound, as apposed to a lot of other headphones which boost bass/ treble etc which makes everything sound kind of muddy
  • nash1991 - May 16, 2014 10:58 a.m.

I have the Turtle Beach XP7's and they're amazing! I bought them about a week after they came out because my PX5's broke and I've been having a great time with the XP7's for a while now!
  • jedisamurai - May 15, 2014 1:32 p.m.

It's nice to see Sennheiser getting the props they deserve. I buy pretty much nothing else for headphones and headsets. I get lots of other brands for the reviews that I write on Amazon, but the Sennheisers smoke them in the sound and value department every time.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 15, 2014 9:36 p.m.

INDEED!
  • TinPanHelmet - May 15, 2014 8:30 a.m.

One other neat feature on PX4 ( last one, promise ) besides the voice feedback through headset is that you can Bluetooth pair it to your cellphone and answer calls while gaming. No need to stop game for phone call.
  • TinPanHelmet - May 14, 2014 6:45 p.m.

Have had several good Triton and TurtleBeach units. Also the $99 Sony unit. Recently bought a TurtleBeach PX4. To my ears, it is the best I have heard over the other sets. You can set equalizer and virtual surround speaker location for front/mid/rear plus several other settings. The manual for it is online so you need internet access for that. All in all, a sweet mid price set at $149. I can swap it between my PS3 or 4 by moving the optical line. The wireless range is optimal and I have had 12 -15 hours on a charge. I still use my Triton 5.0 unit on the 360 but prefer the PS4 sounds for firefights or where rear sound or audio detail is really needed. They are worth checking into when shopping around.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 14, 2014 8:13 p.m.

Thanks for the input :D
  • TinPanHelmet - May 14, 2014 11:23 p.m.

Last sentences should read PX4 sounds for firefights or audio detail on ps3 or ps4. Use my Tritton AX720 for the 360.... It does well there.
  • azimech49 - May 14, 2014 3:29 p.m.

sad because my headset was not featured :( cooler master sirus true 5.1? best ive used so far.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 14, 2014 8:13 p.m.

Ohhhh really? I haven't tested it personally; most of these I have. I'll definitely check it out, thanks for the rec!
  • MrElbowGrease - March 27, 2014 8:56 p.m.

Just buy your favorite pair of headphones and send them to casper @ Head-fi. His user name is ccasper-tfg. Top notch work and he'll make the headset exactly how you want. Single sided, dual sided, detachable, left microphone, right microphone, both etc. You think it up and he'll make it happen.
  • landen-johnson - February 4, 2014 7:49 a.m.

Have you seen the new creative sound evo zxr. I have astros and these zxr destroy them. The sound quality is unreal and customizable.
  • larkan - December 22, 2013 12:12 a.m.

Wow, so top range is all Turtle Beach and Astro? What about the Razer Tiamat 7.1? They're some of the best on the market delivering true 7.1 sound with a ton of options, and can be found for under $200 most of the time. And, I've experienced the wireless A50 and Turtle Beach set, and by experience I mean never wanted to do it again. Having the words premium and wireless in the same section is not something I recommend. If you want quality audio, stick with the cords.
  • vichi - December 29, 2013 5:07 p.m.

its headsets under 100$ :P
  • Aquasol - December 21, 2013 6:02 p.m.

http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-RHTS-8206-5-1-Channel-Vibration-Headset/dp/B007ZS9T1Q I use a Rosewill myself, dunno if it works with any consoles(my PS3's stuck deep within my storage space at the moment), but it's pretty damn beautiful with my PC. Only downside is that the driver included on the extra disc fails hard, and the mic/volume controller is a little weighty, leading to a few times where it's fallen off my lap and given me concern about it being yanked out of place in the headset. But it vibrates. And does it ever. Oughta be standard in every headset ever. ;;
  • MaxBernard - December 21, 2013 11:44 a.m.

I've got a set of weird gaming headset needs that aren't usually discussed, so I thought I'd ask here. I'm deaf in an ear and have been looking for a while now for a set of headphones with which I can either manually set the audio to mono or, ideally, channel all the audio to a single side. Are there any multiplatform options that might have that capability or something akin to it?