Topics

Gear

• RemyBlas - September 29, 2014 11:24 a.m.

No mention of the Sony Pulse Elite?
  • Borei - September 28, 2014 9:35 p.m.

I've heard that the SteelSeries H Wireless is the best for multiplatform wireless, but I've also heard little to nothing good about their product and customer support. As for me, currently I'm using my Logitech G930 while waiting for my ASTRO Gaming A50 to be serviced, both of which have been great for me in terms of quality, usefulness, and support, aside from the odd hiccup. The tech support request on the A50 isn't even anything huge like it breaking or not playing audio. I'm just a bit picky about making sure the EQ switch is functioning properly. That is to say, it is functioning and you can hear a change, but it still seems off. Hopefully it's something they can fix, and luckily ASTRO Gaming has shown they're in the habit of updating their products if there's a flaw in the design or firmware.
  • Firion_93 - September 26, 2014 12:25 a.m.

Hey guys ,how about asus strix headset and orion pro rog headset ? I'm interested at this 2 model , any suggestion ?? I'm very confused too many differet model :,(
  • Zombiella - September 16, 2014 12:51 p.m.

I have/have tried 5 headsets, 3 from this list. Logitech G930:: I still own and currently use this headset though I don't recommend it, unless you absolutely have to have a wireless headset. Because of the over-hype on this product most of my gaming friends own it as well, although most have returned it/replaced it. We've talked about it, sharing our complaints, and as it turns out, we all have the same issues. Which are the following: --Be warned-this is the largest complaint I have-this headset is the heaviest I've ever used and most uncomfortable. The band at the top does very little to relieve the stress of the weight and the ear cushions can really make your ears sore and not to mention sweaty... --The power button only works if you hold it in for almost exactly 3.5 seconds. That applies when turning it on and off. -When you turn it on in a Skype call, or some other voice chatting program, your friends get to here a very loud noise-just very annoying. --Even when the headset is charged, the signal is lost frequently. Each time, the headset is off for a few seconds and comes back then goes off and you must wait this whole time until it's finally off to hold the power button to turn it back on and even then sometimes it turns off immediately afterwards and you must do it again. -I've been told that apparently the headset's firmware-which is designed to turn off the headset in order to save power once it detects you're not using it-is faulty. In other words, you can be in the middle of speaking or playing a game with audio and it simply turns off. So apparently, that's why this happens. --The frequency that the headset uses is so common that my neighbor's baby monitor sometimes plays through my headset, scaring the actual fuck out of me when I'm home alone, gaming, and hear a baby crying. --Both of my G930's frequently mute themselves without me touching the button or moving the mic and often times I'll have it muted (red light on) and it's still picking up my voice-it's been extremely embarrassing on more than one occasion. I would also like to point out that after a year of standard use, one of my G930s has simply stopped charging-it could just be this particular headset, and not a product flaw. Other than that, the mic is of non-impressive-standard quality-but the surround sound is pretty decent. SteelSeries Siberia V2 (not usb):: I still own and currently use this headset and I'm not sure I'd recommend this one either. --It's comfortable enough on your head, although all of the pressure of the headset is on your ears-which can be pretty uncomfortable for a lot of people, myself included. (My ears are sore after a long period of use (2-3hrs)) --I own 2 of these, and they both have a pretty huge flaw. I've tested both of the headsets-the pink version and the black-on 2/3 of the desktops in my house, and in all 4 situations, this issues presents. The problem is that if you're in a voice chatting program, like Skype, and playing a game or music, the people in your call can hear what you're hearing...Also, your voice is very low regardless of having mic volume at 100 and if you use the boost, they hear a lot of white noise and hear what you're listening to even louder without effecting YOUR volume hardly at all. It's VERY annoying. I've done everything I can to fix this issue and I've managed to temporarily fix the output/mic mix up, but the mic quality is still very bad. Even though it doesn't support surround sound without the mixer, it has ok sound quality, but the mic is very bad. People often report their friends say there's too much static and that they sound slightly robotic. -With no drivers to install from their site and no UI/program to control the headset, there's very little you can do... Plantronics GameCom 380:: I returned this product after a week of use, sadly. I desperately wanted to like this headset but I just couldn't. I have no idea why the ear cups are the size/shape they are, but it's very unfortunate. The headset is pretty comfortable, again most of the pressure is on the ears rather than your head, but the awkward shape (square) makes it uncomfortable, for me at least, on my ears. The sound and mic quality was good and it has nice features, which is why I was sad to see it go. I just wish the ear cups were more comfortable and didn't hurt my ears... Logitech G430:: I sampled this one for a bit and instantly noticed it was extremely comfortable and had pretty impressive sound quality. I did not get to test the mic, unfortunately. Creative Fatal1ty:: I owned this headset for a long time-2 actually (was my first headset)-and it worked alright, nothing special, but I had no issues either (aside from my dog destroying one of the mics lol).
  • Zombiella - September 16, 2014 1:14 p.m.

Also one more point to make about the Plantronics Headset...Be aware that in the reviews for this product on amazon, a huge amount of people are complaining of the headset snapping in the exact same location anywhere between 6-18 months of use. This seems to be a flaw in the design and apparently it's extremely common.
  • hester2 - September 9, 2014 11:10 a.m.

Quick addition to this, the Sony Gold headset is $80 on Amazon right now. I picked it up just in time for Destiny, and I'm liking it so far. Haven't had the chance to give the mic a try, though.
  • azimech49 - July 24, 2014 7:27 p.m.

Kind of disappointed because my Cooler Master Sirus was not in the list. True 5.1 sound with 4 drivers at each side and a volume module with different levels per channel. Sounds great for shooters like battlefields and l4d2 where sound cues are important, instant location of enemies. Music in 5.1 DVDs sound great too.
  • uvall - September 7, 2014 1:08 a.m.

Agreed! My Cooler Master Sirus S (True 5.1) are one of the best headsets I've ever owned. Granted, you have to run a soundcard with them to get the full potential of these things. Sound Blaster Z with Sirus S, make for a damn good sound. Music, movies and most importantly Gaming.
  • azelea-lee - May 19, 2014 6:37 a.m.

I would still stick to Logitech Wireless Gaming headset. Sound quality in gaming is rare in most bluetooth headsets nowadays. It's already packed with programming buttons and a 7.1 surround sound audio feature. I believe the best gaming headset under 100. bestheadphonesreviews
  • MikeJazzfaceTheDancingSquirrel - May 18, 2014 4:34 a.m.

they dont have a built in mic but my krk kns8400's are pukka for gaming. they are designed for music production so do a great job of making everything sound clear and how it 'should' sound, as apposed to a lot of other headphones which boost bass/ treble etc which makes everything sound kind of muddy
  • nash1991 - May 16, 2014 10:58 a.m.

I have the Turtle Beach XP7's and they're amazing! I bought them about a week after they came out because my PX5's broke and I've been having a great time with the XP7's for a while now!
  • jedisamurai - May 15, 2014 1:32 p.m.

It's nice to see Sennheiser getting the props they deserve. I buy pretty much nothing else for headphones and headsets. I get lots of other brands for the reviews that I write on Amazon, but the Sennheisers smoke them in the sound and value department every time.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 15, 2014 9:36 p.m.

INDEED!
  • TinPanHelmet - May 15, 2014 8:30 a.m.

One other neat feature on PX4 ( last one, promise ) besides the voice feedback through headset is that you can Bluetooth pair it to your cellphone and answer calls while gaming. No need to stop game for phone call.
  • TinPanHelmet - May 14, 2014 6:45 p.m.

Have had several good Triton and TurtleBeach units. Also the $99 Sony unit. Recently bought a TurtleBeach PX4. To my ears, it is the best I have heard over the other sets. You can set equalizer and virtual surround speaker location for front/mid/rear plus several other settings. The manual for it is online so you need internet access for that. All in all, a sweet mid price set at $149. I can swap it between my PS3 or 4 by moving the optical line. The wireless range is optimal and I have had 12 -15 hours on a charge. I still use my Triton 5.0 unit on the 360 but prefer the PS4 sounds for firefights or where rear sound or audio detail is really needed. They are worth checking into when shopping around.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 14, 2014 8:13 p.m.

Thanks for the input :D
  • TinPanHelmet - May 14, 2014 11:23 p.m.

Last sentences should read PX4 sounds for firefights or audio detail on ps3 or ps4. Use my Tritton AX720 for the 360.... It does well there.
  • azimech49 - May 14, 2014 3:29 p.m.

sad because my headset was not featured :( cooler master sirus true 5.1? best ive used so far.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 14, 2014 8:13 p.m.

Ohhhh really? I haven't tested it personally; most of these I have. I'll definitely check it out, thanks for the rec!
  • MrElbowGrease - March 27, 2014 8:56 p.m.

Just buy your favorite pair of headphones and send them to casper @ Head-fi. His user name is ccasper-tfg. Top notch work and he'll make the headset exactly how you want. Single sided, dual sided, detachable, left microphone, right microphone, both etc. You think it up and he'll make it happen.