We Recommend

• Irishranger - March 25, 2010 2:25 a.m.

Yeah, so I guess I'm in the minority here, but I really like Half Life 2, and I say that without never having played the first game. Maybe it's because the internet told me I should like it, but I played it and I liked it immediately. Having said that, I've been one of the biggest critics of Valve's whole "episodic" gaming thing. Guess that didn't work out so well, huh? I wouldn't be so angry about it if they had just said "Episodic gaming didn't work the way we had planned," but they never did. We're just still supposed to believe it's still 2006 or whatever and Episode 2 just came out.
  • curly_jefferson - March 25, 2010 2:22 a.m.

oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh you did not just do that. i can't wait for more of this
  • KnightDehumidifier - March 25, 2010 2:14 a.m.

Hey guys, Gabe Newell is fat.
  • Clickshark - March 25, 2010 1:26 a.m.

I would love to chime in but the only valve games I've played are Portal and L4D. One of these days...
  • Blue2 - March 25, 2010 12:34 a.m.

Since it's hate week, I know it's not target Half-life have to get something off my chest. I Hate Valve. That waste of money called valve never tried to put the orange box on the PS3. When EA was able to do so. I don't care if there bugs or non-custom items. I just want to play L4D,portal 2 (when it comes out) and others. Valve...**** YOU!!!
  • Ninja-KiLLR - March 25, 2010 12:21 a.m.

im with the haters on half life. the orange box wasnt that good and not just cuz valve handed it off to ea for the ps3 version and my hate also goes to portal on this too.
  • hun23 - March 25, 2010 12:03 a.m.

The man who voiced Dr. Breen died today. This happened to coincide with the release of this article
  • Jesse1066 - March 25, 2010 12:03 a.m.

A crowbar hit to the head probably would be fatal,especially with added strength from the HEV suit.One might just as easily complain about melee kills in Halo, or knife kills in almost everything else. It's plausible.
  • Samael - March 24, 2010 11:56 p.m.

@RebornKusabi I second that. With Duke now utterly dead, we need a new horse to beat on and Episode 3 fits perfectly. Unless E3 proves us wrong...
  • Imgema - March 24, 2010 11:52 p.m.

wait, you prefer to get hit by a crowbar? Maybe but not on the head.... A strong hit by a crowbar would be both painful and fatal (and it could take some time before you die...) The bullet is faster and definitively less pain is involved.
  • garnsr - March 24, 2010 11:25 p.m.

I tried playing Half Life 2, and I just felt like I was drifting around like a Dalek. It was never able to pull me in.
  • tacehtselrahc - March 24, 2010 11:16 p.m.

The only thing I remember being explained about the G-Man is that he saved Alyx from Black Mesa, which is why Eli Vance is working for him.
  • stefansmith - March 24, 2010 11:15 p.m.

Fuck this shit.Best game franchise ever in my opinion.
  • RebornKusabi - March 24, 2010 11:10 p.m.

I love the Half-Life series, however... if that third game or third episode doesn't get out soon, it's gonna end up being completely overshadowed by other games. Not that it already has been. In fact, I pose to re-name the internet meme "Duke Nukem Forever" to "Half-Life 2: Episode 3". To be completely honest, there is literally ZERO excuses for why Episode Three hasn't been released yet- None at all.
  • tacehtselrahc - March 24, 2010 11:03 p.m.

Half-life 2 is a great game, much better than the puzzlingly overrated Halo games and the frankly laughable Modern Warfare 2. Many of its ideas have been copied in other games since, and even though its almost five and a half years since it was originally released it still holds up pretty well today.
  • fattoler - March 24, 2010 10:54 p.m.

I WAY preferred the first game, It had so much more spirit to it. The whole feeling that you were alone against the world world with no help save a few Barney's , being thrown from one death-trap to another, it felt so immersive.
  • Dirt5o8 - March 24, 2010 10:51 p.m.

Eh, I always figured Gordon's suit gave him some "umpf" when he swung his crowbar.
  • Axcle - March 24, 2010 9:34 p.m.

I agree. I never really liked the games, quite frankly.
  • CoD4Kamikazi - March 24, 2010 8:54 p.m.

I rented the Orange Box and I regretted playing through Half Life 2's sorry campaign. It wasn't anything good at all, just 12 hours of frustration and so-called "puzzles".
  • StrayGator - March 24, 2010 8:44 p.m.

A Jar-Jar skin would do Alyx justice.