To find the Fifth Sage in the Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, players need to find "Ruins from the Age of Legends", but that's not easy to work out - as there's locations with ruins everywhere, and only one of them starts the long questline to find the Fifth Sage.
We'll cover the exact process to start this questline below, and the clues to finding the correct ruins. With the whole Zelda Tears of the Kingdom map to explore, it might feel a bit overwhelming, but don't worry - we'll show you how to find the Fifth Sage's location in The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom below.
How to find the Fifth Sage in The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
The Fifth Sage in The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom can be found by heading to Kakariko Village, as the "ruins from the age of legends" Purah mentions are actually the Ring Ruins that have fallen on the town - they're your starting point for the long search.
Kakariko Village is in Northwest Necluda, Southwest of Zora's Domain if you haven't found it yet. With that in mind, here's the process to getting your search for the Fifth Sage underway:
- Head to Kakariko Village.
- Head to the North side of the village, where Paya and Tauro are looking at one of the Ring Ruins
- They'll ask you to inspect inside the Ruin they're looking at
- Use Ascend to get inside the Ruin from the bottom.
- Inside, use the Zelda Tears of the Kingdom camera ability to photograph the writing on the wall.
- Show it to Tauro and Paya to continue the quest and get a new lead!
There's plenty, plenty more that you'll need to do to find the Fifth Sage, but this is the tricky bit - finding that initial thread that sets you on the comparatively clearer rest of the questline.
Once you've done this, you'll be given a new location to head to - the Dracozu Lake and River in the Faron region. There's still a while to go before your quest is over, but you've completed the hardest puzzle!
© GamesRadar+. Not to be reproduced without permission