Topics

Best of GR

• SPAZFM - October 19, 2012 2:38 p.m.

I do not agree with this list because I would hardly consider CJ a hero I mean come on? You might as well of said you're player from Saints row
  • awesomesauce - October 19, 2012 3:01 p.m.

That just inspired me to vote for Johnny GAT!
  • AshLynx - October 19, 2012 2:32 p.m.

Hmm, perhaps Junpei from 999? Probably the most level headed character in a potentially sinking ship, but he's also the only one who solves puzzles as everyone else in the room seems to stand around looking at stuff until he/you does something Lots of the Pokemon mains thwart the evil teams again and again. Granted, they don't exactly have much personality, even silent protagonists like Link have facial expressions. But the Pokemon guys and gals don't, probably because they're still on handhelds. Jimmy Hopkins from Bully. At first I wasn't sure as he spends a lot of time beating people up, egging teacher's houses, and making fun of the preps for being inbreds, but he does win the trust of all the school factions and, by the end, pretty much unites the school and town into something somewhat peaceful.
  • thomas-morrisroe - October 19, 2012 2:29 p.m.

Why isn't Commander Shepard on this list? I, personally, think he/she outshines Garrus, and has saved the entire galaxy at least 3 times, I mean that has to count for something, right?
  • scaler2000 - October 19, 2012 2:29 p.m.

why is garrus better than jak and daxter?! bump jak and daxter up i mean. JAK AND DAXTER
  • scaler2000 - October 19, 2012 2:31 p.m.

if not put big boss in there
  • StrayGator - October 19, 2012 2:26 p.m.

Denis Dyack Jim Sterling Kevin Butler
  • BladedFalcon - October 19, 2012 2:30 p.m.

I believe they're talking about IN-GAME heroes...
  • taokaka - October 19, 2012 5:09 p.m.

Jim Sterling and Kevin Butler get my vote.
  • WholeeMilk - October 19, 2012 2:25 p.m.

I gonna have to vote for Subject Delta from Bioshock 2. He just wanted to get his little sister back! He TOTALLY deserves to be on this list!
  • El_Duderino - October 19, 2012 2:21 p.m.

Did you just forget Cloud (The video game character, not the whiny emo-kid from the movies/Kingdom Hearts), or did you not think he was a top 90 character?
  • BladedFalcon - October 19, 2012 2:20 p.m.

Hmm, pretty decent list, I don't really agree with link being #1 what with his lack of real personality, but hey, Snake is deservedly in #2 so I can't really complain XD That being said, okay, so if Garrus counts... Then why the hell is Balthier from FFXII not in here!? Regardless of what you actually think about the gameplay and the overall story, Balthier is easily the best and most memorable character from the game, he's essentially Han solo, only classier and with a Sean Connery-like suave accent. And really, he's the true hero from the story... He IS the leading man, after all...
  • BladedFalcon - October 19, 2012 2:23 p.m.

Also.... Kratos? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the character. But I'm not exactly sure he fits as a hero... As a protagonist? yeah, absolutely. But considering that you could argue he has done far more harm than good in the world...