Topics

Best of GR

• Apastron - October 19, 2012 3:33 p.m.

Oh hi you're idiots because you forgot Alyx Vance from Half-Life 2, Faith from Mirror's Edge, Bayonetta from Anarchy Reigns and Aya Brea from Parasite Eve but not the 3rd Birthday where they mess her up but they make a mockery of Samus Aran in the latest Metroid game too so she can't be discounted for that reason so i think you're really sexist because there are only five females on this list and Amaterasu is an animal i think you're scared of empowering female characters and then there are men like John Vattic from Second Sight and the cast of killer7 and Jimmy Hopkins from Canis Canem Edit or Bully
  • StrayGator - October 19, 2012 3:31 p.m.

Personally I have a soft spot for DeathSpank and Serious Sam. Lost Vikings / Gobliiins - for overcoming their differences and prevailing trough teamwork. B.J. Blazkowicz / Doomguy - Going through hell again to avenge your pet rabbit? Can't touch this. Zuma Frog - Upbeat, Headstrong, and way more popular than most characters mentioned above. Gabriel Knight, Green Tentacle, Gilius Thunderhead. Billy Hatcher - Because.
  • fattoler - October 19, 2012 4:43 p.m.

I concur with B.J. Blazkowicz / Doomguy
  • J-Fid - October 19, 2012 9:46 p.m.

All for his pet rabbit!? This guy needs to be on the list.
  • JimmiCottam - October 19, 2012 3:29 p.m.

What abouts Pacman? I mean, surely defeating the dead is a trait of a Hero?
  • Apastron - October 19, 2012 3:40 p.m.

Who do you think is occupying the No. 73 spot then?
  • talleyXIV - October 19, 2012 3:28 p.m.

I'm just going to throw in Olimar or the Pikmin from the Pikmin series. No one else will vote for them, or even remember them but I think they are pretty cool heroes.
  • talleyXIV - October 19, 2012 3:27 p.m.

Can't argue with this list, Link is simply badass.
  • SpadesSlick - October 19, 2012 3:16 p.m.

I agree that Neku should be on this list. Also Marth from Fire Emblem and Axel from Disgaea would be my other choices.
  • Rockleelives - October 19, 2012 3:12 p.m.

I love the fact that you have Sora so high on this list but I also think should be a bit higher. I mean seriously you guys have dig dug in front of sly? come on! Everything else was fine but for the open slots you have maybe consider putting in the hero from dragon quest journey of the cursed king.
  • Tranquilbez34 - October 19, 2012 3:03 p.m.

Commander Shepard? Alec Mason? Jensen from Deus Ex:Human Revolution? Cm Punk?
  • Ichthus5 - October 19, 2012 3:02 p.m.

All of my favorites made it except for one: Neku from The World Ends With You. He starts out as a sarcastic, angstful loner, but he becomes so much more during his adventure, saves the lives of many others, and learns the importance of connecting with the world around him. Plus, he's just pretty cool, I think.
  • BladedFalcon - October 19, 2012 3:50 p.m.

This is pretty damn true. Neku does feel like he's deserving to be in this list, because unlike most of the people mentioned here, he doesn't start like a hero at all, and is in fact embodying one of the most hated modern stereotypes: The emo kid, but in his journey he learns not only to grow up and mature, but ends up doing pretty damn heroic acts such as self sacrifice even when no one could have blamed him if he hadn't done as such.
  • taokaka - October 19, 2012 5:06 p.m.

I agree with Neku as well.
  • Cyberninja - October 19, 2012 9:28 p.m.

I wholehearted agree.
  • Camo335 - October 19, 2012 3:02 p.m.

Earthworm Jim! Pick your favorite Final Fantasy lead and the lady from Portal.
  • StrayGator - October 19, 2012 3:14 p.m.

+1. Chell deserves it only for toiling with GLaDOS all that time.
  • IMMRST - October 19, 2012 2:50 p.m.

Commander Shepard?!?!?!??! is one of the best Heroes in game history! :S and i would put Cole Phelps from LA Noire too :)
  • bobby-portlock - October 19, 2012 2:49 p.m.

where is mike dawson!
  • pl4y4h - October 19, 2012 2:47 p.m.

Castle Crashers. All 4 of em