Topics

Best of GR

• JimmiCottam - October 19, 2012 3:29 p.m.

What abouts Pacman? I mean, surely defeating the dead is a trait of a Hero?
  • Apastron - October 19, 2012 3:40 p.m.

Who do you think is occupying the No. 73 spot then?
  • talleyXIV - October 19, 2012 3:28 p.m.

I'm just going to throw in Olimar or the Pikmin from the Pikmin series. No one else will vote for them, or even remember them but I think they are pretty cool heroes.
  • talleyXIV - October 19, 2012 3:27 p.m.

Can't argue with this list, Link is simply badass.
  • SpadesSlick - October 19, 2012 3:16 p.m.

I agree that Neku should be on this list. Also Marth from Fire Emblem and Axel from Disgaea would be my other choices.
  • Rockleelives - October 19, 2012 3:12 p.m.

I love the fact that you have Sora so high on this list but I also think should be a bit higher. I mean seriously you guys have dig dug in front of sly? come on! Everything else was fine but for the open slots you have maybe consider putting in the hero from dragon quest journey of the cursed king.
  • Tranquilbez34 - October 19, 2012 3:03 p.m.

Commander Shepard? Alec Mason? Jensen from Deus Ex:Human Revolution? Cm Punk?
  • Ichthus5 - October 19, 2012 3:02 p.m.

All of my favorites made it except for one: Neku from The World Ends With You. He starts out as a sarcastic, angstful loner, but he becomes so much more during his adventure, saves the lives of many others, and learns the importance of connecting with the world around him. Plus, he's just pretty cool, I think.
  • BladedFalcon - October 19, 2012 3:50 p.m.

This is pretty damn true. Neku does feel like he's deserving to be in this list, because unlike most of the people mentioned here, he doesn't start like a hero at all, and is in fact embodying one of the most hated modern stereotypes: The emo kid, but in his journey he learns not only to grow up and mature, but ends up doing pretty damn heroic acts such as self sacrifice even when no one could have blamed him if he hadn't done as such.
  • taokaka - October 19, 2012 5:06 p.m.

I agree with Neku as well.
  • Cyberninja - October 19, 2012 9:28 p.m.

I wholehearted agree.
  • Camo335 - October 19, 2012 3:02 p.m.

Earthworm Jim! Pick your favorite Final Fantasy lead and the lady from Portal.
  • StrayGator - October 19, 2012 3:14 p.m.

+1. Chell deserves it only for toiling with GLaDOS all that time.
  • IMMRST - October 19, 2012 2:50 p.m.

Commander Shepard?!?!?!??! is one of the best Heroes in game history! :S and i would put Cole Phelps from LA Noire too :)
  • bobby-portlock - October 19, 2012 2:49 p.m.

where is mike dawson!
  • pl4y4h - October 19, 2012 2:47 p.m.

Castle Crashers. All 4 of em
  • pl4y4h - October 19, 2012 2:51 p.m.

And why not throw Auron or Kimahri in there for shits and giggles
  • Apastron - October 19, 2012 3:38 p.m.

Kimahri is my least favourite character of all time, even beating Zeke from the original inFamous (he redeems himself in inFamous 2). His story is one of being a dishonourable tw*t.
  • pl4y4h - October 19, 2012 8:27 p.m.

I guess i can't really argue with why you don't like him, so i'll leave it at that. The way he develops through the story is why i threw him in: first as a silent bad ass that hates you, then he eventually talks and you slowly learn, like, and respect him more about him as the game progresses. He even gets a fight for honor and all that jazz, so yeah.
  • SPAZFM - October 19, 2012 2:38 p.m.

I do not agree with this list because I would hardly consider CJ a hero I mean come on? You might as well of said you're player from Saints row