Topics

Best of GR

• Moondoggie1157 - October 26, 2012 1:45 p.m.

Great list, I would have liked to see Bayonetta higher up though.
  • samsneeze - October 26, 2012 2:06 p.m.

Still no Dragon Quest character? They're like the epitome of what a hero is, and I see them nowhere. I guess some logic would be too much to ask for. Also Ethan from Heavy Rain? Are you serious?
  • JarkayColt - October 26, 2012 2:35 p.m.

I have to say, 100-91 sure are a mixed bag. But you can't expect anything less when you ask for a wider opinion so...can't really argue. Still, although I personally don't give a flying fudge about Cloud (never played FF if you have to know) it's still pretty inadmissible that he wasn't here, seeings as practically everyone else flagged it up. And Red from Pokémon, even if he is a massive blank slate. Because heroes WIN. Ethan Mars does not win. It's a nice joke though. It's a joke right? Funny joke. I can let jokes slide. Let it slide. I don't know what I'm saying anymore.
  • Clovin64 - October 26, 2012 5:08 p.m.

No Cloud on the updated list? For shame! He got plenty of mentions in the comments. He has one of the most touching back stories and character arcs of any FF protagonist. The moment when we find out he was one of the Shinra grunts in Nibleheim all along is one of my fondest FF memories.
  • zombi3grim - October 27, 2012 12:45 p.m.

You can thank Henry Gilbert for that.
  • fattoler - October 26, 2012 5:59 p.m.

Heck yeah my boy B.J. made the list! I finally feel like I've contributed to the site!
  • taokaka - October 26, 2012 6:56 p.m.

Still no Bang Shishigami? If my words can't convince you to put Bang on the list then perhaps the silly, manly words of his theme songs can do that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdKfgC0r0X4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFNCD22jkJk
  • noweareman - October 27, 2012 7:50 a.m.

What! Tanya from C&C or Guy Threepwood from Monkey Island not here? At least Lady Croft made the Top Ten!
  • awesomesauce - October 28, 2012 11:30 a.m.

what are you talking about, guy brush is number 10
  • zombi3grim - October 27, 2012 12:48 p.m.

Everyone who is pissed about the exclusion of Cloud, you have ONE person to hold responsible. Henry Gilbert. He already said in a previous comment on another article that as long as he worked for Games Radar, FFVII would never wind up on a 100 best games list. While he may very well like the game, his attidue toward is consistent with those "i sit in the corner of the cafeteria with my headphones on and only listen to bands with a fanbase of 5 or less" type of people...
  • Apastron - October 28, 2012 5:46 p.m.

That's quite ironic, for as long as I am reading this site (and I often question why I bother - thank the UK team for that small wonder) I never read Genry Hilbert's articles. I think he's the last of the 'old guard' for a reason...
  • zombi3grim - October 28, 2012 9:25 p.m.

They really need to get rid of that guy. Just for that moronic stance he has. And hes NEVER claimed it. I even wrote him a PM, no response. Coward.
  • occasionalgoldfish - October 27, 2012 2:31 p.m.

Nice to see FemShep getting some recognition, instead of male Shepard.
  • Ichthus5 - October 27, 2012 5:10 p.m.

Neku made it on here! Heck yes!! All of my favorites are on here now!!! Well, except for Megaman.exe from Battle Network, or Lan from the same game, but, hey, I can sacrifice one for getting the other five or six I wanted.
  • quint-eastwood - October 28, 2012 10:23 a.m.

Cate Archer - No One Lives Forever Tommy Vercetti - Vice City Batman - Arkham Asylum
  • winner2 - October 28, 2012 11:04 a.m.

Did Marcus really get that many votes to get up there? I don't remember seeing him mentioned at all...And I really need to buy bayonetta apparently, it should have dropped a good bit by now.