We Recommend

• Hobogonigal - May 9, 2013 8:19 a.m.

When ever young kids come over to my house while I'm gaming, they always want to play as well. So I usually get them an unplugged N64 controller and say go wild! Probably explains why all the control sticks on my N64 controllers are worn to crap though...
  • RayPaw - May 9, 2013 8:48 a.m.

That's a clever trick. As an arcade-going teen, nothing annoyed me more than seeing a machine with the "insert coin" message up and some little kid haphazardly wailing on the controls while shouting, "I'm playing! I'm playing!"
  • AdonisX82 - May 9, 2013 7:36 a.m.

The only game i play online is Marvel vs. capcom, and there's a few types of clowns I always run into, but the worst is the run away spamming, rage quitting coward who after you point out how pathetic they are they respond with moronic internet culture insults like "you mad bro"? and "butthurt"? Like seriously, there's a few users I'd love to hunt down and see if they'd have the balls to try that shit to my face. This is an example of one from the other day, did NOTHING but run away and spam cable gun from behind assists, I got around his coward ass "strategy" as they all like to call it (it's not cowardice, it's "strategy") and kicked his ass, he quit, I lauged at him and pointed out his cowardice, and this http://cheezburger.com/7434476288 was his response. Then, there's this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA3m99yuq9c seriously, take a look at those links, mind blowing
  • The.Reaper - May 9, 2013 6:01 a.m.

And these are the exact reasons why I don't engage in online multiplayer gaming. Tried it a couple of times, and found it infested with arseholes, mainly the teenage kind. The kind of arseholes that would get their teeth knocked out if they acted like that in real-life.
  • PatHan-bHai - May 9, 2013 4:27 a.m.

The worst are the Crybabies and the Controller Hogs >:O
  • Denarath - May 8, 2013 11:38 p.m.

What about the AFKer? Those are the ones I wanna high-five....in the face....with a table. >.>
  • winner2 - May 9, 2013 1:30 p.m.

I agree, those are some of the worst. When I played Guild Wars and I first discovered the luxon vs kurzick stuff at fort aspenwood, there were always people that would just afk the whole match and come back to a win (possibly, if the rest of us were doing well enough to pick up the slack) and get points. Eventually they made a report function for "leeching" as it was called and it declined a good bit though.
  • gadjo - May 11, 2013 2:19 a.m.

Oh, I HATE that asshole. Especially in L4D 1. Back then, you couldn't vote to start in a lobby. The leader had to do it. I've had to cancel a lot of games with what sounded to be great potential teammates and opponents, just because the leader apparently started a lobby and then got distracted on his quest for bigfoot's cheetos stash or something.
  • SpadesSlick - May 8, 2013 10:52 p.m.

Gotta give a shout out to the The Booster. You know, the guy trying to game the system and announces in the lobby that he will boot you if you don't stand in a circle and die so he can get an achievement.
  • gadjo - May 11, 2013 2:22 a.m.

Yeah, I know that guy. In L4D we always laughed at his dumb ass when the game actually started. Lobby leader don't get you any special privileges once the game starts. It was always annoying when he'd leave, and so we get kicked to the lobby.
  • slimjim441 - May 8, 2013 10:40 p.m.

I know a guy who fits into like 8 of these categories. I can't play games with him anymore. I've tried. He makes me want to give Hitler a high-five for not being as evil as this guy.
  • avantguardian - May 8, 2013 10:38 p.m.

i would either add, or just umbrella some of these under: 'anyone not at your skill level'.
  • ObliqueZombie - May 8, 2013 9:20 p.m.

It's always that goddamned DPSer that leaves, man. Always.
  • dlam - May 8, 2013 8:02 p.m.

this list is missing: "try hard gamers" k
  • ObliqueZombie - May 8, 2013 9:18 p.m.

"The Pro," slide 12
  • dlam - May 8, 2013 9:39 p.m.

ohhh yeah you're right I would recommend changing "The Pro" slide to "The Try Hard" re. Lorenzo actual pro's enjoy like messing around, and playing in obnoxious ways just to see if they can beat people while super handicapped ^^ e.g. starcraft 2 with one hand
  • Jennero_Rossi - May 8, 2013 7:31 p.m.

Oh man, I totally think the lagger and the DJ has to be the worst of the bunch.
  • Sinosaur - May 8, 2013 5:45 p.m.

The people who play hard mode cooperatively and never use a headset. Regular and easy mode, basic understanding of the game is fine for beating things... hard mode, we need to know when shit is hitting the fan behind us.
  • CUFCfan616 - May 8, 2013 3:45 p.m.

I only really play TF2 (MVM recently so that's what's fresh in my mind) but the people who get down at you for not collecting all the cash as a Scout, or not being in the right place to blast a robot down a pit. Way to destroy any level of fun that was being had. That makes me leave a group. Not sure if that puts me into the Leaver category or not though
  • gadjo - May 11, 2013 2:37 a.m.

This reminds me of another type: The Bossy Dumbass. He's like the pro, but he threatens to leave if not obeyed, and only gives bad advice, rather than the typically good advice a pro would give. One time in MVM, we were stuck on a wave with a tank, and it kept getting to the end with half health left (I was usually the only one actually attacking it, as a pyro, but still) and when we finally did a restart, I opted for scout, since we hand been getting credit ratings of D all the time. He constantly bitched about how the scout doesn't do enough damage, and how he was gonna leave if I didn't switch. Never mind the fact that last time we had shit for upgrades since we got so little money.
  • Dafiddy - May 8, 2013 3:16 p.m.

I appreciate that some games ship with imbalances in multiplayer but it really pisses me off when people decide the way a game should be played and get upset with anyone who breaks their unwritten set of rules. I had a guy racially abusing me on PSN because I killed him with G18's in Modern Warfare 2. You've got two options as far as I'm concerned..... equip your own G18's and come after me or f*** off and play something else!