• Quimbles - March 22, 2009 1:05 a.m.

I thought I posted before, but I guess it didn't go through... I think Grim Fandango should be on this list. Moody and excellent jazz/big band style tunes. I've had that soundtrack CD stolen from me twice now...
  • splynncryth - March 21, 2009 3:25 a.m.

If Earthwork Jim gets a mention, can the Special Edition CD version tag along? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKwbsQjJ9lA
  • Soylent - March 21, 2009 1:44 a.m.

What about Castlevania series? Amazing music
  • gmilf71 - March 20, 2009 9:54 p.m.

Dude! where the hell was mortal kombat!?!? That had awsome music!!!!!!!
  • Usgo - March 20, 2009 7:09 p.m.

Jet set radioooooooooooooooooo
  • GamesRadarJoeMcNeilly - March 20, 2009 5:23 p.m.

Used that Power Plant cut from Bionic Commando Rearmed in the "Bionic Arm Destroys City" video - its sound is MASSIVE!!
  • 435 - March 20, 2009 3:23 p.m.

Jasper Kyd's Freedom Fighters OST has been a constant feature on my MP3 player since I got my hands on it soon after the game's release. I'm holding out hope for a second.
  • jimsondanet - March 20, 2009 1:24 p.m.

i aint one to suck up to the editors, but this articles the exception. you effers done alright. hope theres a sequal. my suggestions would be golden sun sin's zone of the enders: the fist of mars suikoden II
  • Unoriginal - March 20, 2009 12:53 p.m.

I don't know if any of the reviews adressed the soundtrack specifically but one of my favorite game soundtracks is from World of Goo. I don't know why but I found all thoose songs beautifull. Good article.
  • JayLin22 - March 20, 2009 12:37 p.m.

Journey to Silius on the NES - man, when I first heard that soundtrack I was gob-smacked. Just thought I'd put my two cents worth in...
  • trevorbelmont - March 20, 2009 12:29 p.m.

I can completely agree with a few of these; Secret of Mana was the first game music CD I bought (you could buy it directly from Square for a while), and BC: Rearmed is probably the best new music I have heard in a game in the last 5 years.
  • davidthebowie - March 20, 2009 4:16 a.m.

One of my favorites forgotten soundtrack is Panic Restaurant for the nes. As a 8 year old, I would make up lyrics to the songs while playing.
  • diddly - March 20, 2009 3:15 a.m.

First off, this is a great feature, but i was just wondering why the medal of honor frontline soundtrack was left out? it was a true pioneer of video game music, and i personally always think of it when thinking of great pump up moments. Once again great stuff here otherwise. thanks.
  • Red - March 20, 2009 2:34 a.m.

I STILL listen to the music from Jet Grind Radio and Jet Set Radio Future on a dailey basis.
  • RedOutlive10 - March 20, 2009 2:20 a.m.

There was a tune from Banjo-Tooie that I couldn't get out of my head when I first played it, the tune from the water/pirate world, in the starting area. Jolly Roger's Lagoon is the world's name.
  • RedBandit - March 20, 2009 1:47 a.m.

i think pretty much all games have a great soundtrack, if you take the time and actually listen to the music, and not just the screams of decapitated zombies...
  • hun23 - March 20, 2009 1:39 a.m.

@Hobojedi: Yes, its a shame that none of the Hell March's were on this list. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WqwFhX6Cqg If you listen to that, you are almost guaranteed to get chills. And yes, people who used this song in Killzone 2 "Music" videos. Even though Red Alert was about the Soviets. Recatpa: 1980's armor
  • Wordup95 - March 20, 2009 midnight

God, I loves the Jet Set Radio franchise. They better make a sequel or I'll have a hard time resisting to send Sega a package with a disease in it. :P
  • ELpork - March 19, 2009 10:03 p.m.

WTF!!! No mass Effect. Best underrated album ever!!!
  • jhr_151 - March 19, 2009 9:56 p.m.

I remember playing Festor's Quest on the original Nintendo more times than the game deserved just because I loved the soundtrack. Wish that had made this list. Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_m817yhcHM