• sofaku - March 19, 2009 11 p.m.

i was just playing jet set radio future then i saw this feature.
  • omegapirate2010 - March 19, 2009 10:11 p.m.

Another soundtrack no one remembers... mostly because no one remembers the games... is the soundtrack to the Baten Kaitos series. Amazing stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Tx3DWeQcU
  • Donnagen - March 19, 2009 9:56 p.m.

Bionic Commando is amazing! Worthy of a Ministry of Sound Albumn! Die hard was great as well.
  • Tomsta666 - March 19, 2009 9:07 p.m.

Interesting article, but a few of those were pretty high profile games which were critically acclaimed for their scores! Nonetheless, enjoyed the trip down memory lane :)
  • noobeater - March 19, 2009 8:58 p.m.

i loved blast corps what an awesome game that music really bought memories back same with the Earthworm Jim but best music ever in a game is Banjo Kazooie it so catchy and easy to remember
  • GR_DavidHoughton - March 19, 2009 8:20 p.m.

Casino Palace is an immense tune! The first time I played that race and the soundtrack suddenly turned into a full-on wailing jazz assault, it blew my mind. It's such a left-field approach for a racing game, but it suits the racetrack amazingly well. As does everything in GX in fact. It's a brilliantly tailored set of music.
  • octagons - March 19, 2009 8:10 p.m.

didn't the Bioshock theme win best theme at the spike VGA awards that year?
  • FierceDeity - March 19, 2009 8:05 p.m.

f-zero's music is freaking awesome cant beat the mute city theme (all renditions in all the games i've played have been awesome even gx) and the casino palace tune is legendary :) also quite partial to the themes from the lightning and the port town stages show me your tunes!
  • RebornKusabi - March 19, 2009 7:10 p.m.

I immediently downloaded the entire Bionic Commando- Rearmed soundtrack off of I-Tunes the minute I finished the game... like seriously, THE minute I finished the game and the credits were rolling, I hoped online and bought it. ****ing amazing soundtrack!
  • mrandydixon - March 19, 2009 6:51 p.m.

My favorite game soundtrack of all time is for Total Annihilation. Not only were the all-orchestral tracks brilliantly incorporated into this RTS, but you could actually pop the game CD into your stereo and listen to the tracks any time you wanted!
  • Skidd777 - March 19, 2009 6:20 p.m.

I love the music from BioShock and Jet Grind Radio.
  • Theonik - March 19, 2009 6:18 p.m.

God i love the call of duty red square soundtrack it's by far my favorite in the entire series, i actually have extracted the mp3 from the game files so i can listen to it
  • LieutenantCipher - June 12, 2009 6:28 a.m.

I agree with joebob286 - Medal of Honor might not of been the best shooter series out there but the music was epic as hell
  • joebob286 - May 23, 2009 7:26 p.m.

Where is Christopher Lennertz in all of this, and the music of the medal of honor games...
  • IRAQITNT - April 20, 2009 9:17 a.m.

heyyyyyyy, where is Jersey Devil??? the game with the greatest underrated soundtrack ever!!!
  • DJ_Funktris - April 13, 2009 9:52 p.m.

I really want that bioshock soundtrack now! and bought bionic rearmed.... its great!
  • Ironmaus - March 27, 2009 3:57 a.m.

Nice list. Made me go back and check out a few games I'd never really listened to. Wizards & Warriors III was one I saw in Nintendo Power once but didn't give a second look until just now. I'm a little sad to see that Hiroyuki Masuno's soundtrack for the first Top Gear didn't make the list. Once we had personal soundtracks on the first Xbox, I put that on for every racing game I played.
  • aounfather - March 22, 2009 8:30 p.m.

Personal Favorite game soundtrack would be Morrowind. Theres one that I can listen to for hours, and hours, and hours...
  • supreme0armor - March 22, 2009 2:01 a.m.

Phantasy Star IV made an impression for some reason...