Justice League star Jesse Eisenberg reacts to the Snyder Cut
Lex Luthor offers his take
Weekly digests, tales from the communities you love, and more
You are now subscribed
Your newsletter sign-up was successful
Want to add more newsletters?
Every Friday
GamesRadar+
Your weekly update on everything you could ever want to know about the games you already love, games we know you're going to love in the near future, and tales from the communities that surround them.
Every Thursday
GTA 6 O'clock
Our special GTA 6 newsletter, with breaking news, insider info, and rumor analysis from the award-winning GTA 6 O'clock experts.
Every Friday
Knowledge
From the creators of Edge: A weekly videogame industry newsletter with analysis from expert writers, guidance from professionals, and insight into what's on the horizon.
Every Thursday
The Setup
Hardware nerds unite, sign up to our free tech newsletter for a weekly digest of the hottest new tech, the latest gadgets on the test bench, and much more.
Every Wednesday
Switch 2 Spotlight
Sign up to our new Switch 2 newsletter, where we bring you the latest talking points on Nintendo's new console each week, bring you up to date on the news, and recommend what games to play.
Every Saturday
The Watchlist
Subscribe for a weekly digest of the movie and TV news that matters, direct to your inbox. From first-look trailers, interviews, reviews and explainers, we've got you covered.
Once a month
SFX
Get sneak previews, exclusive competitions and details of special events each month!
Wondering what Lex Luthor himself had to say about the Justice League Snyder Cut news? Look no further.
Speaking to Digital Spy, Jesse Eisenberg, who played the famous comic book villain in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, said that he is “so so happy” for Snyder to finally share his “very, very specific vision.”
"I spoke to Zack a couple of weeks ago and he told me about it," the actor said. “I’m so happy for him that he gets to release something he’s proud of.”
News of the notorious Snyder Cut comes after nearly three years of the fans campaigning to #ReleaseTheSnyderCut. The hashtag was used liberally on social media in a bid to get Warner Bros. to release the director’s version of Justice League – the one Snyder had intended for audiences before to see before leaving the project due to family tragedy.
HBO Max is now set to stream Snyder’s original cut next year, which is said to include new footage and visual effects. There are also rumours that the movie could be split into a six part series or run as a singular four hour movie. "It will be an entirely new thing,” Snyder told The Hollywood Reporter, "You probably saw one-fourth of what I did."
Whatever the movie turns out to be, it appears Eisenberg is thrilled for his friend. Previously speaking on whether or not he might make an appearance in the Snyder Cut, the actor told the Toronto Sun: "I don't even know if they know what they're doing with the movies, but for me it was exhilarating. I would love to play that role forever.”
Snyder has already teased patient fans with a new image from his cut of Justice League. Taking to Twitter, the director revealed what appears to be a still or piece of concept art depicting the villain Darkseid. No news yet on what else we can expect, but the release is sure to change the DCEU forever. While we wait patiently for the mythical Snyder Cut, check out more of the best superhero movies of all time.
Bringing all the latest movie news, features, and reviews to your inbox

Millicent Thomas was once a freelance games and film journalist, writing for publications including GamesRadar, Total Film, Space.com, GamesIndustry.biz, Wireframe, Little White Lies, Culturess, SciFiNow, and more. She is now in international PR and marketing.


