In Red Dead Redemption 2, you can upgrade almost everything about Arthur Morgan. From his horse and how much stuff it can hold, to how effective healing items are and specific upgrades for individual weapons, the Arthur Morgan you finish the game with will be a different man to the one you start with.
One crucial aspect to Arthur you should upgrade as soon as possible is his satchel. There are seven superb satchels you can craft in the game, and each one increases the carrying capacity for a specific type of item. As long as you've reached Horseshoe Overlook, you can get started on these satchel upgrades, and the first thing you need to do is purchase leather crafting tools from the Red Dead Redemption 2 Camp upgrades list. You can't craft any of them without the leather crafting tools first, so make sure you get on that right away.
When you've obtained the tools, get started with our complete list of Red Dead Redemption 2 satchel upgrades below. We've also got the effects for each one, and everything you need to craft them, so you hardly have to do any work yourself at all, if we're honest.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 tips - essential tips to improve your game
- How to make money fast in Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2 guide - complete set of guides to win the West
- Red Dead Online guide - everything you need to know to get started
Red Dead Redemption 2 Satchel upgrades
- Tonics Satchel (Perfect Deer Pelt, Perfect Buck Pelt, Perfect Elk Pelt, upgrade the Medicine Wagon twice)
Increases carrying capacity for all tonics
- Ingredients Satchel (Perfect Deer Pelt, Perfect Badger Pelt, Perfect Squirrel Pelt, donate five animal carcasses to Pearson)
Increases carrying capacity for all edible ingredients
- Kit Satchel (Perfect Deer Pelt, Perfect Elk Pelt, Perfect Panther Pelt, donate three valuables to camp tithing box)
Increases carrying capacity for all types of kit
- Provisions Satchel (Perfect Deer Pelt, Perfect Bison Pelt, Perfect Racoon Pelt, upgrade the Provisions Wagon twice)
Increases carrying capacity for all types of provisions
- Materials Satchel (Perfect Deer Pelt, Perfect Boar Skin, Perfect Iguana Skin, craft three recipes at the Scout Fire)
Increases carrying capacity for mostly inedible crafting materials
- Valuables Satchel (Perfect Deer Pelt, Perfect Beaver Pelt, Perfect Rabbit Pelt, donate $50 to camp tithing box)
Increases carrying capacity for all valuables
- Legend of the East Satchel (Perfect Deer Pelt, Perfect Cougar Pelt, Perfect Wolf Pelt, craft all other satchel types)
Greatly increases carrying capacity for all items
Want to know where to hunt for the required animal parts? Then check out our complete Red Dead Redemption 2 animal locations guide.