Now-deleted Disney tweet reveals Obi-Wan Kenobi series landing in May
The hotly anticipated Star Wars series could be just a few months away
Weekly digests, tales from the communities you love, and more
You are now subscribed
Your newsletter sign-up was successful
Want to add more newsletters?
Every Friday
GamesRadar+
Your weekly update on everything you could ever want to know about the games you already love, games we know you're going to love in the near future, and tales from the communities that surround them.
Every Thursday
GTA 6 O'clock
Our special GTA 6 newsletter, with breaking news, insider info, and rumor analysis from the award-winning GTA 6 O'clock experts.
Every Friday
Knowledge
From the creators of Edge: A weekly videogame industry newsletter with analysis from expert writers, guidance from professionals, and insight into what's on the horizon.
Every Thursday
The Setup
Hardware nerds unite, sign up to our free tech newsletter for a weekly digest of the hottest new tech, the latest gadgets on the test bench, and much more.
Every Wednesday
Switch 2 Spotlight
Sign up to our new Switch 2 newsletter, where we bring you the latest talking points on Nintendo's new console each week, bring you up to date on the news, and recommend what games to play.
Every Saturday
The Watchlist
Subscribe for a weekly digest of the movie and TV news that matters, direct to your inbox. From first-look trailers, interviews, reviews and explainers, we've got you covered.
Once a month
SFX
Get sneak previews, exclusive competitions and details of special events each month!
May the Fourth be with you? The Obi-Wan Kenobi series release window may have been accidentally leaked by a Disney employee – which has now been backed up by industry reports.
Disney Plus executive Brandon San Giovanni said on Twitter, "Our very own Obi-Wan will be saying ‘Hello there’ on Disney Plus. May 2022." (H/T IGN).
San Giovanni later walked that back, saying he was referring to an upcoming Obi-Wan comic. The tweet has been deleted and his account is now locked.
The Hollywood Reporter, however, has also heard that the series is heading to Disney Plus in May, adding "it's not official until it's official."
Beyond that, there’s no further word on when Obi-Wan will drop on Disney Plus. The series, which charts the adventures of Ewan McGregor’s Jedi Master in the unexplored years between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, hasn’t released any footage.
The only snippet we’ve had so far is a very, very brief teaser with McGregor and director Deborah Chow talking about returning Anakin Skywalker actor Hayden Christensen.
"The most beautiful thing of all is that it’s brought me back together with Hayden… we’ll have another swing at each other. It might be quite satisfying for everybody," McGregor said.
Bringing all the latest movie news, features, and reviews to your inbox
Curiously, Marvel’s upcoming Moon Knight might help clue us in a little more. That’s launching on March 30 on Disney Plus, and is likely set to run for six weeks, ending on May 4. If that’s the case, expect there to be a small buffer between releases –suggesting a mid-to-late May premiere for Obi-Wan.
Obi-Wan isn’t the only major series coming to Disney Plus soon. Here’s what you need to know about The Mandalorian season 3.
I'm the Senior Entertainment Writer here at GamesRadar+, focusing on news, features, and interviews with some of the biggest names in film and TV. On-site, you'll find me marveling at Marvel and providing analysis and room temperature takes on the newest films, Star Wars and, of course, anime. Outside of GR, I love getting lost in a good 100-hour JRPG, Warzone, and kicking back on the (virtual) field with Football Manager. My work has also been featured in OPM, FourFourTwo, and Game Revolution.



