To start the Modern Warfare 2 raid, players will have to complete one of three different challenges in DMZ, Warzone, multiplayer or Spec Ops. Each challenge is different, but players will only have to beat one of them, earning them the chance to earn a Raid Assignment. This means that accessing the Modern Warfare 2 raid will require a little work in advance, but we'll walk you through it comprehensively below as we go over everything you need to know about starting the Modern Warfare 2 raid and the special Spec Ops kits you'll want to play it.
How to start the Modern Warfare 2 raid
To start the Modern Warfare 2 raid you need to earn a Raid Assignment by completing one of the following options in Modern Warfare 2, Warzone 2 or the Warzone 2 DMZ mode:
1. Complete a multiplayer or special ops challenge
2. Reach the top 20 in any Warzone playlist
3. Extract with at least $30,000 in DMZ
The good news is that only one player needs the Raid Assignment to start the raid, and can invite whoever they want to join their squad. So that immediately makes things easier, and you can all get on your way to earning those Modern Warfare 2 Raid Rewards by completing the mission. Check our Modern Warfare 2 raid codes guide as well if you need help with that particaular challange.
One thing to note is that the Modern Warfare 2 raid is part of the Special Ops section of the game so you'll need to download that component if you haven't and, ideally, level up some kits - that mode's version of classes - to really stand a chance in the raid. There are three of these kit to use, based on classes: Assault, Medic, and Recon, with each leveling up to tier 10 and unlocking the following rewards:
Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops Assault kit levels
- Tier 1 - Start with three armor plates instead of two, and an armor box.
- Tier 3 - Assault suit unlocked which lets you gain full armor plates and 60% extra health once per mission.
- Tier 5 - Reload, switch weapons and throw grenades faster.
- Tier 7 - Unlock the ability to carry five armor plates.
- Tier 10 - Start missions with with two Stims.
Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops Medic kit levels
- Tier 1 - Revive teammates at twice the speed and unlock the Revive Pistol.
- Tier 3 - Start with a Self-Revive.
- Tier 5 - Unlock a Bomb Drone.
- Tier 7 - Tactical Sprint lasts longer and you move 30% faster crouched.
- Tier 10 - Start with Claymores and AT mines.
Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops Recon kit levels
- Tier 1 - Unlock the Snapshot Pulse
- Tier 3 - Unlock Sentry Gun and Cluster Mine.
- Tier 5 - Unlock the ability to recharge your lethal and tactical equipment every 60 seconds.
- Tier 7 - Carry one extra lethal and tactical grenade.
- Tier 10 - Start with a Spotter Scope and Heartbeat Sensor.