Despite some scathing reviews and early bad buzz, GI Joe: The Rise Of Cobra has had an explosive launch weekend across the pond, earning $56.2 million at the box office.
Looks like Steven Sommers will get his sequel after all. Food comedy drama Julie %26 Julia, meanwhile, won over an older crowd to score $20.1 million in second place.
In third we find G-Force, with the CG rodents nabbing $9.8 million after three weekends on release and fourth place went to Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince, which made $8.9 million on its way to likely becoming the second highest-grossing Potter outing.
There was less good news for Judd Apatow and Funny People, which is now looking like his first flop - the movie dropped 65% to fifth place and earned just $7.9 million this weekend.
Your top 10 for the weekend...
- GI Joe: The Rise Of Cobra ($56.2 million)
- Julie & Julia ($20.1 million)
- G-Force ($9.8 million)
- Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince ($8.9 million)
- Funny People ($7.9 million)
- The Ugly Truth ($7 million)
- A Perfect Getaway ($5.8 million)
- Aliens In The Attic ($4 million)
- Orphan ($3.7 million)
- (500) Days Of Summer ($3 million)
[Data Source: Box Office Mojo (opens in new tab) ]