The Genshin Impact 1.6 Midsummer Island Adventure event will take you to a brand-new Genshin Impact map: the sunny Dodoland! After Klee receives a mysterious letter from someone called the 'Dodo-King', she will ask you to accompany her to the Dodoland Golden Apple Archipelago.
Once there, you can partake in four different Midsummer Island challenges. Complete every introduction quest to start a new Midsummer Island Act, and get yourself the 'Dodoco Tales' free four-star Catalyst and a Northlander Weapon Billet.
If there's anything you'd like to know about the Genshin Impact 1.6 Midsummer Island Adventure or if you need some help with one of the Midsummer Island challenges, take a look at this guide!
Dodoco Tales and other Midsummer Island Adventure rewards
The Genshin Impact 1.6 Midsummer Island Adventure rewards include the standard Primogems, Talent level-up materials, weapon ascension materials, weapon enhancement materials, and Mora. However, there are also several special rewards:
- Dodoco Tales. This is a new four-star Catalyst introduced in Genshin Impact 1.6.
- Fragments of Innocence refinement material. Use this to upgrade the Dodoco Tales refinement rank.
- Crown of Insight. A rare talent level-up material which can only be gotten from Genshin Impact events.
- Northlander Billet Trove. Choose any type of Weapon (Bow, Sword, Polearm etc.) and craft it at a blacksmith’s station with this Northlander weapon blueprint.
- Furnishing blueprints. Used to decorate the Serenitea Pot.
You can get all of these items by completing the challenges in the Genshin Impact 1.6 Midsummer Island Adventure event. If you’re looking for the other special Genshin Impact 1.6 reward, the Barbara summer outfit, then you need to find all the Genshin Impact Conch locations.
How to participate in the Midsummer Island Adventure event
There are a few requirements you need to meet before you can enter this Genshin Impact 1.6 event:
- Have an Adventure Rank of 21 or higher.
- Complete the Archon Quest ‘Song of the Dragon and Freedom’.
- Complete Klee’s story quest ‘Trifolium Chapter: Act I – True Treasure’. You can start this quest after reaching AR 21, and it will be free of charge (it would normally cost a Story Key).
The Midsummer Island Adventure event starts on June 9 and ends on June 28.
How to find Dodoland and the Golden Apple Archipelago
Before you can do the Genshin Impact 1.6 challenges, you need to discover the location of the Golden Apple Archipelago by completing the introductory quest. You can start this quest on the Midsummer Island Adventure page in the main event menu.
Go to Mondstadt and talk to the NPC’s as directed. When the game asks you to wait until the next day and meet between 12:00 and 18:00, just set the timer to 12:00 in your main menu (even if it’s past midnight already). After that, travel to Windrise to meet with Venti, who will summon the dragon Dvalin to fly you to the Golden Apple Archipelago in Dodoland. The Midsummer Island Adventure event is about to begin!
Get the Waverider and unlock the Dodoland map
Once you find yourself on the Golden Apple Archipelago together with Paimon, Klee, Barbara, and Jean, you need to glide to the lower rocks and then board the ‘Waverider’ boat. The Waverider will be your new means of transport during the Midsummer Island Adventure event. It can shoot normal bombs, larger bombs (Elemental Skill button), and speed up (use the sprint button).
The next quest will tell you to ‘light up the devices’ by following the beacons with the Waverider. ’Devices’ simply means Teleport Waypoints though. You can follow the beacons if you want, or you can sail to the Teleports directly to unlock the full Dodoland map.
Genshin Impact Midsummer Island Act I tips
To start the first Midsummer Island challenge, take the Waverider to the challenge location just north of the Pudding Isle (see the Hilichurl logo on your map). Just sail towards the Hilichurls and start shooting as soon as you get in range, the challenge will then start automatically. Take a look at the following tips to make your first Genshin Impact 1.6 challenge a bit smoother:
- Don’t mind your aim too much, the Waverider has an auto-targeting function.
- But do mind the Waverider’s health bar! You can see the damage taken in the lower part of your screen. The Waverider heals when it’s out of combat.
- Hilichurls die when falling in the water. Are they standing on a small wooden construction? Then it’s faster to just shoot the platform instead of the Hilichurls, especially when they’re grouped together.
- If they’re standing on a big platform though, it’s usually faster to leave the Waverider and fight them as you normally would. Try using a knockback attack to push them off the platform for instant kills.
- If you want to do the challenge again, just sail further north to the next location. A new Hilichurl icon will automatically pop up on your map.
Genshin Impact Midsummer Island Act II tips
The Midsummer Island Challenge 2 in Genshin Impact 1.6 is similar to the timed gliding challenges in Teyvat. Go to the red mechanisms to start the challenge (see the logo on your mini map). Be ready to sail through the water rings as soon as you see them! Here are a few tips for Midsummer Island Adventure Act II:
- The Hydro rings work the same way as Anemo rings. Sailing through them will give you a speed boost. Try not to miss any of the golden coins though; these are the Wavesplitter Insignias.
- Collecting all of these Wavesplitter Insignias will boost your final score (and the number of rewards you get) significantly. Just going for speed and missing the Insignias will result in a low score. It’s often better to slow down a bit than to miss a Wavesplitter Insignia.
- It’s wise to make sure you have full stamina before starting the challenge. Only push the sprint button after the timer starts.
- Besides the seaborne course, the Whirlpool speed challenge has some airborne parts. During such an ‘Airborne Course’, you have to leave the Waverider by gliding upwards and flying through the Anemo rings. There’ll be Wavesplitter Insignias to collect here, too.
Genshin Impact Midsummer Island Act III: defeat Maguu Kenki
The Genshin Impact 1.6 Midsummer Island Act III challenge is a boss fight. You will find yourself in a circle arena similar to those in Mondstadt and Liyue. The boss, Maguu Kenki, will first appear during the Midsummer Island Act III introduction quest. As this Dodoland boss is not the easiest opponent to defeat, let's go over some Midsummer Island Act III tips:
- As Maguu Kenki has the Cryo and Anemo Elemental vision, using two Pyro characters will decrease your vulnerability to his Cryo attacks while increasing your attack power.
- Although Maguu Kenki uses Anemo and Cryo attacks, he's not immune to them. Don't hesitate to bring Eula or Jean to the battlefield!
- Take at least one good shield provider or healer with you. Maguu Kenki's area-of-effect attacks are hard to dodge, so it's best to prepare yourself for damage. Zhongli would be great, but a Diona or a Xinyan will work as well. Consider using two Geo's for Elemental Resonance protection.
- Maguu Kenki will spawn phantoms from time to time. Just run away from them to avoid their attacks.
- Maguu Kenki can easily parry long-range attacks, so focus on melee damage. If you got a good Claymore or Sword main DPS, now's the time to use them!
Genshin Impact Midsummer Island Act IV: craft Harpastum bombs
Midsummer Island Adventure Act IV is the final challenge you can unlock during the Genshin Impact 1.6 event. After completing the Act IV introduction quest, new Dodoco icons will appear on the Dodoland map. You need to go there and simply clear the Hilichurl camps to complete the Midsummer Island Act IV challenge objectives.
However, it's possible to craft Harpastum bombs to make the fight easier. Defeating the enemies without these Pyro bombs still counts, but you will miss out on some of the challenge rewards. You can craft the Harpastum bombs on the smaller island situated between the Minacious Isle and the Broken Isle. Keep in mind that there are three different kinds of Pyro bomb to choose from, each with their own characteristics and crafting recipe:
- Hot Pod. This Harpastum bomb deals a small amount of Pyro damage over a small area-of-effect. Especially effective against Cryo shields. Crafting one Hot Pod requires one Flaming Flower Stamen, and one Lizard Tail.
- Floaty Splody. Deals explosive Pyro damage over a large area-of-effect. Floaty Splody can be crafted with a Flaming Flower Stamen and a Luminescent Spine.
- Straight Shooter. This Pyro bomb is meant for single enemies. Deals the highest Pyro damage to individual targets. Craft a Straight Shooter using a Flaming Flower Stamen and a Frog.
Every Genshin Impact 1.6 Midsummer Island challenge is now unlocked, have fun blasting and sailing your way through Dodoland!
Genshin Impact tips | Genshin Impact Anemoculus | Genshin Impact wishes and codes | Best Genshin Impact characters | Genshin Impact Dragonspine Stone Tablets | Genshin Impact Lost in the Snow | Genshin Impact Frostbearing Tree and Crimson Agate | How to reroll in Genshin Impact | The best Genshin Impact Eula build | Where to find all Genshin Impact wood types | Genshin Impact Serenitea Pot blueprints | Genshin Impact Windsong Lyre | Genshin Impact Hangout Events | Genshin impact Dainsleif Bough Keeper answers