When in doubt, check every Genshin Impact Hangout Events dialogue option and ending here. Although the Hangout Events started as a temporary thing in Genshin Impact 1.4, it is now a permanent part of the game. The current Genshin Impact Hangout Events feature Diona, Barbara, Noelle, Chongyun, and Bennett. You can chat with them whenever you want!
As in any dating sim, we want to make the right dialogue choices. Wouldn't want to anger Diona (or miss out on the rewards), would we? Let's take a look at the Genshin Impact Hangout Events rewards and every Hangout Events dialogue option.
Genshin Impact Hangout Events endings & rewards
Every character dialogue series in the Genshin Impact Hangout Events has 5 or 6 possible endings. Which one you get, depends on the dialogue choices you make. You can replay the Hangout Events as many times as you like, and you can skip ahead to the parts you’ve played before (this will save you some time when unlocking new endings).
Unlocking all endings is not only fun; it will also get you some great rewards. In return for your Hangout Events efforts, you can get Adventure Rank Experience, Primogems, Level-Up Materials, Ascension Materials, and Talent Level-Up Materials. Click on the character in the event menu and then on the chest icon to collect your rewards.
How to unlock Genshin Impact Hangout Events
Since the Genshin Impact Hangout Events are no longer part of the temporary events, they have moved to your Journal. Open the Journal and click on the ‘Story Quests' in the lower left corner, then choose the tab on the right to see the Hangout Events.
Starting a Hangout Event costs 2 Story Keys. You can store a maximum of three Story Keys at a time, so you may already have enough to start your first Hangout Event. If you need more Keys, just complete Daily Commissions at the Adventurer’s Guild. Eight Daily Commissions can be converted into one Story Key.
Follow the guides below to get every possible ending for all character Hangout Events. Only the dialogue choices that influence the outcome of the story are included. Do keep in mind that some non-essential dialogue choices may decrease the hearts in the corner of the screen.
Genshin Impact Hangout Events Diona - all endings
- Ending 1: The Unfathomable Felines. Talk to Margaret and say you're there for the kitties. Find the cat on the roof of the building behind Margaret (you can see it when standing next to her). Choose 'cat toy', and then the dialogue option that ignores Diona's cocktail-making skills: 'he is really cute'. Find the second cat behind the blacksmith, and choose 'cat food' this time. Again, ignore Diona's skills and choose 'take a hint from him'. Finally, pick 'that might make more money'.
- Ending 2: Cat Party. Start from the kitten search again, but choose the dialogue options that praise Diona's cocktail-making skills: 'customers visit the tavern primarily for your cocktails', 'your specialty drinks attract a lot of attention', and 'if it weren't for your specialty drinks'.
- Ending 3: Diona's Special. Go back to the start of the Diona Hangout Event, then choose 'I want to try some new specialty drinks', and then 'I'd like the base to be more unique'. Go to Dadaupa Gorge. You can choose to sneak past or fight some monsters, but this doesn't influence the ending. Choose 'let's ask Draff'.
- Ending 4: I... Only Had... a Little... Go right back to the previous point where you meet with Draff, but choose 'I can deal with a few monsters' this time.
- Ending 5: The Ultimate Special. Go back to the start again, and choose 'I'd like the flavoring to be more unique'. When making the cocktail for the first time, keep choosing the top option. Choose whichever ingredient you want the second time.
Genshin Impact Hangout Events Barbara - all endings
- Ending 1: Untimely Enthusiasm. After you find Barbara in Wolvendom, choose the dialogue option that tells her to wait. After that, choose any option other than “Wolvendom is a large area…”.
- Ending 2: A Fiery Flavor From Liyue. Hide in the woods, but don’t get too flirty with Barbara; choosing the “this is a perfect place for two people to spend some time together” option will result in instant quest failure. Next, choose Chilibrew as your drink, then agree to split up and keep following the questline.
- Ending 3: Incompletely Cured. Hide in the woods, choose Chilibrew as your drink, but refuse to split up with Barbara. When you meet the Treasure Hoarder, insist on bringing him to Mondstadt. Defeat him when he attacks you.
- Ending 4: The Taste of Hard Work. The same as for ending 3, but heal the Treasure Hoarder this time.
- Ending 5: A Holiday in Mondstadt. Choose the Fantastic Summer Serendipity Coral Sparkling Tea, then convince the fans at the Cat’s Tail to leave Barbara alone. Keeping choosing the dialogue option that doesn’t mention Barbara being on leave to avoid losing hearts.
Genshin Impact Hangout Events Noelle Act I - all endings
- Ending 1: A Cold Reception. Say it’s okay not to be a knight. Keep an eye on Alois and be suspicious of him by choosing the top dialogue option every time.
- Ending 2: Goodbye, Miss Maid! Say it’s okay not to be a knight, but don’t be suspicious of Alois by choosing the bottom dialogue options.
- Ending 3: A Defender’s Will is Their Strength. Choose “of course” when Noelle asks for guidance on her Chivalric Training. When she says something’s missing, say “what you lack is strength”. Then ask if Noelle lacks real-world fighting experience.
- Ending 4: A Maid Above ground. Choose the “what you lack is strength” option again, but then choose “you still need more strength”.
- Ending 5: A Conundrum Called Love. Offer Noelle help with her Chivalric Training again, but when she suggests something’s missing, choose “rest”. When asked about gifts, say “it’s the thought that counts”. Read Noelle’s notes before you leave the library to unlock a secret achievement.
- Ending 6: Whisper of the Paper Rose. Follow the “rest” line again, but choose “gifts convey our intentions” this time.
Genshin Impact Hangout Events Noelle Act II - all endings
- Ending 1: Rest Amidst the Rocks. Go for 'a change of scenery'. After talking to Dugu Shuo, choose to go to the harbor.
- Ending 2: The Maid-Knight's Tale. Choose 'let's head to Third-Round Knockout' instead of the harbor.
- Ending 3: Perfect Score. Go back the the start of the Noelle Hangout event. Choose 'don't hide from it', and then 'you could take some more exams'. The right answers are 'Windwheel Aster', 'Roald', and 'Mare Jivari'. Then continue to cook a steak and defeat the ruin guard.
- Ending 4: Points Deducted. Do the same as before, but make a mistake on purpose (just click one of the wrong answers to the questions).
- Ending 5: The One and Only Noelle. After the 'don't hide from it' choice, go for 'try to imagine yourself passing the exam'. Choose 'you could become like Jean'. Collect bird eggs from the roof of the building to your left (standing next to Glory).
- Ending 6: Work Made for a Maid. Choose 'you could become like Kaeya' instead of Jean.
Genshin Impact tips | Genshin Impact Anemoculus | Genshin Impact wishes and codes | Best Genshin Impact characters | Genshin Impact Dragonspine Stone Tablets | Genshin Impact Lost in the Snow | Genshin Impact Frostbearing Tree and Crimson Agate
Genshin Impact Hangout Events Chongyun - all endings
- Ending 1: Blessing in Disguise. Choose “they all sound pretty farfetched, perhaps I should just tell him that” and then “what if you just give him one of your popsicles?”. After that, choose the “ghostly shadow”, “Sea of Clouds”, and “vigilant demon” dialogue options to unlock a hidden achievement.
- Ending 2: Idle Amusements. When deciding about the popsicles, choose the “since he has a sister…” dialogue option this time. Then, when Chongyun asks you for cooking advice, go for either the Mist Flower & Qingxin or Sunsettia & Valberry combination. You will unlock different routes, but the ending is the same.
- Ending 3: Can’t Beat This Heat. Give both popsicles again, but choose the Jueyun Chili & Slime Condensate recipe this time.
- Ending 4: Nothing Gained. Go back to the start but don’t tell Chongyun his ideas are farfetched. Choose “let’s both drink it”, and then “sure, just have a rest”.
- Ending 5: Goodbyes. Two different routes will lead to the same ending here: chose either “let’s both drink it” followed by “let me help you find a place to rest”, or drink alone. Whichever way you choose, pick the “remember that strange mist” dialogue option when it pops up.
- Ending 6: Small Regrets. Follow one of the two routes described for ending 5 again, but choose the “right, let’s head back” option this time.
Genshin Impact Hangout Events Bennett - all endings
- Ending 1: Fruitless Anticipation. Choose “we could do something else”, and then pick any option other than “as long as you don’t cause too much trouble” to avoid losing hearts. After that, suggest hanging around town.
- Ending 2: Hasty Farewell. Choose “we could do something else” again, but suggest a walk in the wild this time.
- Ending 3: Taste Tester Royce. Agree to go on an adventure. When Bennett asks you if you usually make food, say “I do”. Finally, give Royce the food by choosing “you cooked it…”.
- Ending 4: Ready to Make Sacrifices. After the “I do” option, don’t give Royce the food by choosing “no way”.
- Ending 5: No Wonder It’s a Top-Class Commission. Agree to go on an adventure, but say you usually leave straight away. Then choose the “go ahead” line.
- Ending 6: Fortunate Outcome. Do the same, but go for the “how can I let you face the danger alone?” option instead of “go ahead”.
You’re ready to spend some quality time with Diona, Barbara, Noelle, Chongyun, and Bennett!
How to reroll in Genshin Impact | The best Genshin Impact Eula build | Where to find all Genshin Impact wood types | Genshin Impact Serenitea Pot blueprints | Genshin Impact Windsong Lyre | Genshin Impact Hangout Events | Genshin impact Dainsleif Bough Keeper answers