The FIFA 23 Rulebreakers promo is over, but the majority of its cards remain available on the transfer market – such as a tantalising 91-rated Cristiano Ronaldo item. The Portugal legend popped up in FIFA 23 Rulebreakers Team 1, while Team 2 followed in mid-October with fresh ratings for Sergio Ramos, Franck Ribery, and Thiago. Below we offer up the complete scouting report on the big early season event, before listing all FIFA 23 Rulebreakers cards.
What is FIFA 23 Rulebreakers?
The FIFA 23 Rulebreakers campaign took over from the previous week’s FIFA 23 RTTK promo, and sees some of the sport’s top players have their stats rearranged in order to feel different from their standard Ultimate Team card. They also get a boost to their overall rating.
Take Juve defender Leonardo Bonucci. His usual rare gold item features a lowly pace score of 54, with all the focus on his numbers for defending (85) and physicality (79). His new, red-and-blue Rulebreakers card bumps that defending score up slightly to 87, but makes him even more physical (85) and much, much faster – with a new pace rating of 78.
Who is in FIFA 23 Rulebreakers Team 1?
12 players were dropped into packs as part of FIFA 23 Rulebreakers Team 1, with two additional ones added as SBC or objectives rewards. (We’ll get to those later in this guide.) Manchester United legend Cristiano Ronaldo (ST, 91) was the headliner, and proved so popular on night one that his card went extinct despite a maximum price of 2,000,000 FIFA 23 coins. As of Friday, 4 November his card has come down slightly to 1.7m on the secondary market.
Ronaldo was the only Team 1 player to crack the 90-OVR barrier, but there was plenty of quality elsewhere. For instance, Premier League fans were treated to Palace talisman Wilfried Zaha (LW, 86), Manchester City dynamo Kalvin Phillips (CDM, 87) and Everton defender Ben Godfrey (CB, 84). Other highlights included Inter’s Edin Dzeko (ST, 88) and experienced Barca stopper Gerard Pique (CB, 89).
Are there any FIFA 23 Rulebreakers lengthy players?
Oh yes. These types of cards have become highly sought after in the early days of FUT, as detailed further in GR’s FIFA 23 lengthy players guide. Three of Team 1 fit the lengthy template, and they’re all cards mentioned earlier: Edin Dzeko, Leonardo Bonucci, and Gerard Pique. Six items unleashed further in the campaign also enjoy the lengthy tag: Sergio Ramos, Moussa Sissoko, Luuk de Jong, Sheraldo Becker, Maxence Lacroix, and Thomas Meunier.
Did the FIFA 23 Rulebreakers Team 2 leak come true?
Yes! There was plenty of speculation as to the make up of FIFA 23 Rulebreakers Team 2 immediately following the release of Team 1. Franck Ribery (Salernitana) and Javier Hernandez (LA Galaxy) were among those strongly rumoured by various Twitter accounts – and they proved to be correct. French legend Ribery scored a new 90-rated card, while former West Ham favorite Hernandez was granted a fresh item with an OVR of 85.
Indeed, it was a good week to be a Hammer. Another one-time darling of the East End, Marseille's Dimitri Payet, earned an 87-rated Rulebreakers card when Team 2 hit on Friday, October 21. Further highlights included Sergio Ramos (CB, 89), Kai Havertz (CAM, 88), and Thiago (CM, 88). You can see them all in the FIFA 23 Rulebreakers list at the foot of this guide.
Are there FIFA 23 Rulebreakers Objectives and SBCs rewards?
Indeed there are. Objectives and SBCs are a key element of all FIFA 23 promos, and Rulebreakers kicked off with one of each.
The first objectives reward was Leverkusen wideman Paulinho (LM, 84). To earn him you needed to complete four sets of challenges, all based in the new Live FUT Friendly: Rulebreakers Rush match type. It's always worth checking out our FIFA 23 formations guide for tactical advice if you’re struggling to win these online contests. Paulinho was followed up by Luuk de Jong (ST, 86].
There were also new FIFA 23 Rulebreakers Squad Building Challenges (SBCs) to be completed. The first saw you earn Lyon midfielder Romain Faivre (RM, 86) in exchange for two full squads: one containing a TOTW player, and one based around Ligue 1 cards. Faivre’s standout ratings are 87 pace and 85 passing, which can be enhanced further using FIFA 23 chemistry styles.
You can see all additional SBC rewards in the list of all FIFA 23 Rulebreakers below.
Where can I see all FIFA 23 Rulebreakers?
We have the list of all FIFA 23 Rulebreakers cards below, correct as of Friday, November 4. For the best standard gold items, you instead need GR’s guide to this year’s FIFA 23 ratings.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (ST, Manchester United) - 91
- Franck Ribery (CF, Salernitana) - 90
- Gerard Pique (CB, Barcelona) - 89
- Sergio Ramos (CB, Paris SG) - 89
- Thiago (CM, Liverpool) - 89
- Edin Dzeko (ST, Inter Milan) - 88
- David Alaba (CB, Real Madrid) - 88 [SBC only]
- Kai Havertz (CAM, Chelsea) - 88
- Leonardo Bonucci (CB, Juventus) - 87
- Kalvin Phillips (CDM, Manchester City) - 87
- Nabil Fekir (CAM, Real Betis) - 87
- Lorenzo Insigne (LW, Toronto) - 87 [SBC only]
- Dimitri Payet (CAM, Marseille) - 87
- Davinson Sanchez (CB, Tottenham) - 87
- Wilfried Zaha (LW, Crystal Palace) - 86
- Jesus Navas (RB, Sevilla) - 86
- Romain Faivre (RM, Lyon) - 86 [SBC only]
- Leon Bailey (RM, Aston Villa) - 86
- Emile Smith Rowe (LM, Arsenal) - 86
- Moussa Sissoko (CDM, Nantes) - 86
- Luuk de Jong (ST, PSV) - 86 [Objectives only]
- Sheraldo Becker (ST, Union Berlin) - 86 [SBC only]
- Merino (CM, Real Sociedad) - 86
- Chris Willock (CAM, QPR) - 86 [SBC only]
- Javier Hernandez (ST, LA Galaxy) - 85
- Ivan Toney (ST, Brentford) - 85
- Maxence Lacroix (CB, Wolfsburg) - 85
- David Raum (LWB, RB Leipzig) - 85
- Dodo (RB, Fiorentina) - 85 [SBC only]
- Hector Herrera (CM, Houston Dynamo) - 84
- Ben Godfrey (CB, Everton) - 84
- Paulinho (LM, Bayer Leverkusen) - 84 [Objectives only]
- Lucas Robertone (CAM, Almeria) - 84
- Thomas Meunier (RB, Dortmund) - 84
- Ezequiel Avila (ST, Osasuna) - 84
- Przemyslaw Frankowski (LWB, RC Lens) - 83
- Pervis Estupinan (LB, Brighton) - 83
- Cristian Roldan (RM, Seattle Sounders) - 82
- Aurelio Buta (RM, Frankfurt) - 82
- Jay Rodriguez (ST, Burnley) - 74 [Objectives only]