Halsin's location in Baldur's Gate 3 is the Goblin Camp, specifically the Worg pens to the East, heading off to the right when you reach the main throne room and past the rangers guarding the door.
You've been sent to rescue him from the goblins, but with the whole Shattered Sanctum to search, where to even start? The good news is that he's pretty nearby Baldur's Gate 3's Minthara when you climb a ladder and go through some heavy doors, and you'll need his help if you want to defeat some of the tougher enemies in this encampment quickly and efficiently.
If you're having trouble finding the most loveable of the BG3 companions, you've come to the right place. Here's how to find Halsin and use his strength to your advantage in Baldur's Gate 3.
Halsin's location in Baldur's Gate 3
To find Halsin in Baldur's Gate 3, do the following:
- Head to the Baldur's Gate 3 Goblin Camp, West of the Druid Grove and past the Blighted Village..
- Make your way into the Shattered Sanctum underneath the Camp where the Goblin Leaders are found. You can sneak, fight or talk your way into here.
- Head to the central throne where Priestess Gut is waiting, and turn North-East
- Head past the three "Sharp Eye" goblins into the door behind them.
- You'll enter the Worg Pens. Head to the back of them.
- You'll see several cages, one of which has several Goblin kids throwing rocks at a caged bear.
- The caged bear is Halsin, who has used his druid powers to take Wild Shape to both protect and disguise himself.
How you free Halsin (or even if you free him), is up to you. You can attempt to kill the nearby goblins or persuade them to let the bear go free, but there's no non-violent way we know of to free the druid - he's very angry, and the Goblins will automatically go hostile if they see you with their freed bear.
If you kill or knock out all the Goblins in the Worg Pens without any of them escaping, you can free Halsin without alerting the whole camp and shattered Sanctum, which is the ideal outcome (you might want to leave some of your party members by the door to be ready for their inevitable escape). Otherwise you'll have to battle your way out altogether, though Halsin is a powerful ally in his bear form and can do a lot to help in a brawl.
How to make Halsin a companion
Yes, once you've defeated all the Baldur's Gate 3 goblin leaders and eliminated the dangers threatening the tiefing refugees at Emerald Grove, Halsin will join your camp, but won't be a party member yet. To recruit him properly and make him playable, you need to reach Act 2 and complete his associated side quest. Once fully completed to his satisfaction, he'll become a full companion.
Can you romance Halsin?
Yes, Halsin is one of quite a few Baldur's Gate 3 romances added in the full release. We know this because, as has been very, very well-documented at this point, Halsin is the famous bear being romanced in the update from Larian Studios, having been asked to use his Wild Shape power in a more amorous context. For that reason alone, we expect players to go above and beyond in their efforts to save Halsin from the Goblins.
© GamesRadar+. Not to be reproduced without permission