In Red Dead Redemption 2, there are many different things you can upgrade as you progress through the story, from your horse and your weapons to how effective the healing items you use are, and it's fair to say that the Arthur Morgan you end the game with will be much changed from the man you start as - especially if you grow out that facial hair!
Something you should prioritise as soon as you can are Red Dead Redemption 2 Satchel upgrades, as there are seven of them in total you can craft and each will improve your carrying capacity for one specific type of item. You can get started on these upgrades as soon as you reach Horseshoe Overlook, though you'll first have to invest in the leather crafting tools from the Red Dead Redemption 2 Camp upgrades list as you can't craft any of the satchels without them.
Once you've got the right tools for the job, take a look at our complete list of Red Dead Redemption 2 satchel upgrades below for the full lowdown. We've included the benefits gained for each one, as well as everything you need in order to craft them, to make things as easy for you as possible.
Want to go hunting some Red Dead Redemption 2 legendary animals? Then check out our guide or the video walkthrough below:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 tips - essential tips to improve your game
- How to make money fast in Red Dead Redemption 2
- Red Dead Online guide - everything you need to know to get started
Red Dead Redemption 2 Satchel upgrades
- Tonics Satchel (Perfect Deer Pelt, Perfect Buck Pelt, Perfect Elk Pelt, upgrade the Medicine Wagon twice)
Increases carrying capacity for all tonics
- Ingredients Satchel (Perfect Deer Pelt, Perfect Badger Pelt, Perfect Squirrel Pelt, donate five animal carcasses to Pearson)
Increases carrying capacity for all edible ingredients
- Kit Satchel (Perfect Deer Pelt, Perfect Elk Pelt, Perfect Panther Pelt, donate three valuables to camp tithing box)
Increases carrying capacity for all types of kit
- Provisions Satchel (Perfect Deer Pelt, Perfect Bison Pelt, Perfect Racoon Pelt, upgrade the Provisions Wagon twice)
Increases carrying capacity for all types of provisions
- Materials Satchel (Perfect Deer Pelt, Perfect Boar Skin, Perfect Iguana Skin, craft three recipes at the Scout Fire)
Increases carrying capacity for mostly inedible crafting materials
- Valuables Satchel (Perfect Deer Pelt, Perfect Beaver Pelt, Perfect Rabbit Pelt, donate $50 to camp tithing box)
Increases carrying capacity for all valuables
- Legend of the East Satchel (Perfect Deer Pelt, Perfect Cougar Pelt, Perfect Wolf Pelt, craft all other satchel types)
Greatly increases carrying capacity for all items
Want to know where to hunt for the required animal parts? Then check out our complete Red Dead Redemption 2 animal locations guide.