Topics

Best of GR

• GoldenEagle1476 - July 20, 2013 11:08 a.m.

I just finished Bioshock Infinite, and good lord what an amazing game that was. I would have definitly put it higher on the list.
  • rob619 - July 18, 2013 1:14 p.m.

Just to add, how is Heavy Rain not on this list, quite shocking really? That game is known for its gripping story, first time I have seen gamesradar staff fail. If you can replace a game on the list for that, Heavy Rain was so emotional
  • rob619 - July 18, 2013 1:12 p.m.

So glad MGS3 is on here. Such a fantastic game in all aspects on hardware such as ps2 is amazing it blows most of the current gen games out of the water. The ending till the opening was just wow "snake eater". Will have to play Silent Hill 2 Hd now as its number one on the list? Can someone just comment on if it is worth it? What is so good about it?!! Thanks in advance, I already have so many games to play
  • ivan-osorio - September 27, 2013 2:26 a.m.

Old comment, but nonetheless: Is SH2 worth it? Yes. What's good about it? Everything. No, seriously. The game is a bit dated, obviously, it plays like a forklift, but that is sort of the intent. Really good puzzles, absurdly good and SUBTLE story which is not just rubbed into your face, excellent use of symbolism. The only bada thing about it is that it is not an easy game to "find". There is an HD remaster but you should avoid that at all costs. It's awful and runs worst than the original. There is a PC version but it runs fantastically bad, full of glitches, on modern PCs (the game was not built to support multi-core technology and breaks because of it. There are some fixes, but they are complicated as all hell). I would recommend the PS2 or Xbox version of the game, if you can get it.
  • JENNYPICCOLO - July 17, 2013 3:53 p.m.

opened this article hoping to find SILENT HILL 2 somewhere on the list and what do ya know it's #1. hands down the best video game i've ever played. amazingly haunting storyline.
  • minimaxi - July 16, 2013 11:36 p.m.

I love love love witcher2, but sometimes I think there are too many important characters and each new one never had time to sink in. Also, it might be my age then, but FF7 and suikoden has the best stories, for non-cliched plot twist and gold standard for epic narrative, respectively.
  • bette11noble - July 17, 2013 12:21 p.m.

like Aaron explained I didnt even know that someone can make $8236 in a few weeks on the computer. did you look at this web page........ www.Jam10.com
  • s110outlookcom - July 16, 2013 8:12 p.m.

psychonauts...nfs mw(2005)...rtc wolfnstein...farcry 3...
  • rabmonk006 - July 16, 2013 5:16 p.m.

I love grim fandango.. but the longest journey needs to be on this list
  • Ironarm - July 16, 2013 3:37 p.m.

Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward has probably the greatest story ever in my opinion. The first game 999 is amazing as well, but VLR takes it to another level. It's simply wonderful. I also just finished The Last Of Us. That's a damn fine story too. I had to stop playing after the Winter segment just because I had to take in what I just played through.
  • Luciferum - December 5, 2013 4:36 a.m.

I'm so glad you mentioned 999, but is Virtues Last Reward really that good? I'm getting a vita and Persona 4 Golden for Christmas... maybe I should add that to the list... It's just, I haven't enjoyed a more genius storyline than 999 in a video game in my life. The ones that are up there with 999's Storyline is really only BlazBlue and Planescape Torment. If Virtues Last Reward is really better than 999, than I don't think I'm going to be able to contain myself for Christmas. Might need to go ahead and rob a store for it.
  • tehtimeisnow - July 16, 2013 1:26 p.m.

cod balck op2 had by far the most best story i ever seen in a gane
  • ragelinkin - July 17, 2013 10:20 a.m.

then you havent played any great games..... not that its a bad story
  • bedelicious - July 16, 2013 12:37 p.m.

Great list. My top 3: Planescape: Torment, Silent Hill 2 and Bioshock. Should finally play Grim Fandango and still to play Bioshock: Infinite. Also, the old Fallouts. So many great games, so little time xD I loved the story in Max Payne 1+2 a lot, the way it was told made it so engaging. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines was also very memorable, with great characters and dialogue. Definitely games I'd recommend to people who care about the story.
  • malti001 - July 16, 2013 12:20 p.m.

What about Mafia 2? I literally couldn't put the game down until I knew what was going to happen to the characters-that's how much I cared about them (which is rare for a video game these days!)
  • n00b - July 15, 2013 6:57 p.m.

where is no more heroes and killer 7?
  • ~LanceR. - July 15, 2013 6:39 p.m.

Heavy Rain, Tales of Symphonia and Uncharted has great stories as well.
  • JHidden - July 15, 2013 5:25 p.m.

Hmmm, what about 999 Nine Hours,Nine Persons,Nine Doors. Kind of underappreciated but if you played it youll probably understand
  • lionheart1986 - July 15, 2013 8:21 a.m.

BioShock is my favorite of all the games on this list. I've yet to play Silent Hill 2 though... I think an honorable mention would be Final Fantasy Tactics. During a time where everyone I knew was going crazy for FFVII's story; I was engrossed in the complicated plot that was The Lion War. You could equate the many twist and turns to the War of the Roses, or even Game of Thrones, but the amount of political and religious conflicts going on made your head spin and gives you a true sense of why war can never be black and white, and never is. And the way the story is told is brilliant; you are basically playing the events of the Lion War from a point of view (Ramza) that is secretly removed from the history books. To think that everything you and your party is doing, is held from history for many many years, makes you wonder what stories in our own wars have never been told, that truly shaped their outcomes.
  • gilgamesh310 - July 14, 2013 2:15 p.m.

Mass Effect 2 should be on a worst game stories list. I don't know what the hell it's doing here.