Topics

Best of GR

• hopefully - December 27, 2013 9:16 p.m.

Phoenix Wright
  • vermicelli - December 22, 2013 7:21 a.m.

Glad you included San Andreas. You Forgot the STORY to SAINTS ROW 3&4: THE GREATEST STORY'S IN A GAME, IN A VERY LONG TIME.. Thats one of SAINTS ROW 2's PROBLEMS: ITS STORY was Too Cheesy, Over-the-top and goofy to ever work as a serious game that it pretended to be. Fanboys pretend otherwise but thats the truth. It was an average San Andreas knockoff which only fanboys try to defend for its bad, incohesive story and copied gameplay elements. WET had a similar story issue (Though WET as a whole was a very good game, it at least knew it didn't do serious well).
  • jseph1234 - October 13, 2013 8:10 a.m.

Vampier the Masquerade: Bloodline... Multiple Story-lines and plots beyond belief..nuff' said
  • Silentcapt2 - September 13, 2013 5:57 p.m.

I was really happy to see Persona 4 on this list. It's one of the few games that I actually had to force myself to quit because I started to become more attached to the in-game characters than I did real life. Yes, that sounds pretty pathetic, but it was summer and all my friends where away. I don't really know if Persona 5 can top Persona 4, but here's hoping it does.
  • albiokay - August 13, 2013 11:07 p.m.

really surprised to find that Shadow of the Colossus didn't make the list :/
  • rob-harris - March 16, 2014 5:52 p.m.

not me.
  • Datadog - July 26, 2013 1:02 a.m.

I just finished "L.A. Noire", and it's not a very well-constructed story at all. It's twenty hours of unrelated, repetitive case work before the plot even comes together and even then, everything is shoe-horned into the last three hours with too many plot-holes. The same goes for "BioShock" and "Braid" - they're known for their plot twists, yet there's barely any plot to twist. Almost the rest of your list contains games with actual narratives, so it's weird that these ones are included.
  • cobra0528 - September 9, 2014 5:50 p.m.

Finally! Someone with some sense. Bioshock and L.A. Noire fit your description perfectly. "There's barely any plot to twist." Great way to put it.
  • jason-yoo - July 25, 2013 9:06 p.m.

The last of us- Noone is likeable at the beginning? I thought Joel was pretty bad-ass, and his daughter was pretty awesome.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - July 20, 2013 11:08 a.m.

I just finished Bioshock Infinite, and good lord what an amazing game that was. I would have definitly put it higher on the list.
  • rob619 - July 18, 2013 1:14 p.m.

Just to add, how is Heavy Rain not on this list, quite shocking really? That game is known for its gripping story, first time I have seen gamesradar staff fail. If you can replace a game on the list for that, Heavy Rain was so emotional
  • rob619 - July 18, 2013 1:12 p.m.

So glad MGS3 is on here. Such a fantastic game in all aspects on hardware such as ps2 is amazing it blows most of the current gen games out of the water. The ending till the opening was just wow "snake eater". Will have to play Silent Hill 2 Hd now as its number one on the list? Can someone just comment on if it is worth it? What is so good about it?!! Thanks in advance, I already have so many games to play
  • ivan-osorio - September 27, 2013 2:26 a.m.

Old comment, but nonetheless: Is SH2 worth it? Yes. What's good about it? Everything. No, seriously. The game is a bit dated, obviously, it plays like a forklift, but that is sort of the intent. Really good puzzles, absurdly good and SUBTLE story which is not just rubbed into your face, excellent use of symbolism. The only bada thing about it is that it is not an easy game to "find". There is an HD remaster but you should avoid that at all costs. It's awful and runs worst than the original. There is a PC version but it runs fantastically bad, full of glitches, on modern PCs (the game was not built to support multi-core technology and breaks because of it. There are some fixes, but they are complicated as all hell). I would recommend the PS2 or Xbox version of the game, if you can get it.
  • JENNYPICCOLO - July 17, 2013 3:53 p.m.

opened this article hoping to find SILENT HILL 2 somewhere on the list and what do ya know it's #1. hands down the best video game i've ever played. amazingly haunting storyline.
  • minimaxi - July 16, 2013 11:36 p.m.

I love love love witcher2, but sometimes I think there are too many important characters and each new one never had time to sink in. Also, it might be my age then, but FF7 and suikoden has the best stories, for non-cliched plot twist and gold standard for epic narrative, respectively.
  • bette11noble - July 17, 2013 12:21 p.m.

like Aaron explained I didnt even know that someone can make $8236 in a few weeks on the computer. did you look at this web page........ www.Jam10.com
  • s110outlookcom - July 16, 2013 8:12 p.m.

psychonauts...nfs mw(2005)...rtc wolfnstein...farcry 3...
  • rabmonk006 - July 16, 2013 5:16 p.m.

I love grim fandango.. but the longest journey needs to be on this list
  • Ironarm - July 16, 2013 3:37 p.m.

Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward has probably the greatest story ever in my opinion. The first game 999 is amazing as well, but VLR takes it to another level. It's simply wonderful. I also just finished The Last Of Us. That's a damn fine story too. I had to stop playing after the Winter segment just because I had to take in what I just played through.
  • Luciferum - December 5, 2013 4:36 a.m.

I'm so glad you mentioned 999, but is Virtues Last Reward really that good? I'm getting a vita and Persona 4 Golden for Christmas... maybe I should add that to the list... It's just, I haven't enjoyed a more genius storyline than 999 in a video game in my life. The ones that are up there with 999's Storyline is really only BlazBlue and Planescape Torment. If Virtues Last Reward is really better than 999, than I don't think I'm going to be able to contain myself for Christmas. Might need to go ahead and rob a store for it.