Topics

Best of GR

• RedOutlive10 - February 4, 2009 9:48 p.m.

I disagree with Deus Ex having an outstanding story. I really enjoyed the myriad of choices you had in the game, but some endings were sad. I mean, either you hand the world over another possibly corrupt organization, destroy all technology - long story short mankind goes back to stone age, or join an AI and rule the world with it. Sorry that was nuts for me.
  • Kaz993 - February 4, 2009 1:50 a.m.

Silent Hill 2, excellent.
  • stuffblowupnation - January 12, 2009 10:36 p.m.

Why no GoW2? Deep (ish) story, good characters why not?
  • TwoFace333 - September 3, 2009 8:17 a.m.

no Tales of Symphonia? at first i was like why am i playing this (not too much into anime anymore) but eventually the story got really good with plenty twist and turns that make you really wanna think. i love that game, i think it should have been on this list. The same with Mass Effect. that game took some time to get into but when i did i grew attach to the characters and story and especially the interactive gameplay. when i beat it i just sat back and watched the credits with the cool song it was playing in the end and then that was when i was, "I %$#@ing love this game." As of the games on the list, i totally agree on a few of them, but that's only becuase the few that i agreed on were the only ones i've played on this list. I wanna find and buy most of these games now :D
  • william206 - August 11, 2009 3:44 a.m.

OMG WHERES WARCRAFT,and no im not a super wow fanatic, i dont even have world of warcraft, but seriously it has such an amazing story...
  • Cyberninja - August 8, 2009 3:09 a.m.

where is twewy? ps if you awnsered the question earlier sorry i did not read all the comments
  • _D-Man_ - July 27, 2009 11:35 p.m.

No Final Fantasy Tactics? Oh well, good article.
  • thekandyman - July 10, 2009 3:20 a.m.

Good list, I think Mass Effect should of been on it though. KOTOR I and II had great stories.
  • LokiRising - June 12, 2009 7:51 p.m.

Good work, which is something we all seem to forget. I loved Second SIght's story, but it's all gravy.
  • SeaBassterd - May 20, 2009 12:07 a.m.

hell yeah!!!! PORTAL!!!!
  • infernite - May 11, 2009 1:14 a.m.

I salute everything on here. but no baldur's gate 2? that game had some of the best characters ever, definitely on par with kotor. still, good list, I'm definitely going to have to look some of these up.
  • Fancy Rat - May 8, 2009 11:10 p.m.

Myst, anyone?
  • throughironsights - May 8, 2009 4:34 p.m.

NOOOOOOOOO! where the Fuck is Mass Effect? how could you put something like san andreas on there but not the best RPG on the 360...? you fail me gamesradar.
  • chucknorris - March 22, 2009 9:25 p.m.

hmm never played grim fandango but it seems really interesting.
  • killemall - February 25, 2009 7:56 p.m.

We need a new BGE trailer, i thought they announced a new one last year though...
  • lovinmyps3 - February 22, 2009 12:49 a.m.

ocarina of time DOES NOT belong on there. kid saves the princess, travels through time, OMFG SHEIK IS ZELDA?!?!?! no, while i love that game its story was nothing compared to the metal gear series or grand theft auto (san andreas and gtaIV). they were both very mature and dealt with personal and adult themes. and kingdom hearts?!? cmon guys, seriously?
  • statuslegendary - February 3, 2009 2:02 a.m.

I agree that Deus Ex should have easily nabbed the #1 spot on this list. Its exclusion is troublesome. How did you guys forget it?! I can't think of anything that engrossed me even close to Deus Ex 'cept maybe FFVII.
  • Shotgun_Ninja - January 20, 2009 9:27 a.m.

I guess I'm the only person who remembers the epic Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver games. Shame.
  • AA95mp - January 18, 2009 9:44 a.m.

where's kh on the list that had a great story
  • Roic13 - January 12, 2009 11:35 p.m.

actually half life has a decent story. G-man really does a good job and make you think. But portal and Bioshock what really good stories. Bioshock probably the best in my opinion