Topics

Best of GR

• Eizyark - December 22, 2009 6:41 a.m.

thanks GR for putting Grim Fandango on the list! grim fandango definitely deserves to be on that list. amazing story and awesome gameplay. KOTOR also there makes me happy :) ow and let's not forget Planescape : Torment being in the list too! but why no Baldur's Gate 2?? man was that game awesome. silent hill 1 and 2 for me are the best in the series. i wish they went back with the way they made the first 2 SH's story plot, well not the exact story but you know something in that line.
  • bowlhaeddd - December 21, 2009 3:33 a.m.

Baldur's gate 2: soa/tob or SMT: persona 3 are Obviously the best 2, come on !
  • eee - December 16, 2009 6:08 p.m.

Oh f@#k no why the hell did i read this entire article and halo 2 or 3 is not in it one of the best story lines of all time
  • Spybreak8 - December 15, 2009 6:28 a.m.

Just read this, linked from the recent article I just read, and man gotta add Mass Effect on here if doing the list again or modifying it for modern times. Still haven't played RE4 or FFVI but I do have RE4 for PC somewhere, might try to find that.
  • nik41507 - December 6, 2009 10:40 p.m.

no Command and Conquer mentions????? the story is epic
  • mattersnotnow - October 14, 2009 2:55 a.m.

Xenogears and Persona 2 should be there too. But I agree with mos of them. FFVI story was excellent. But give FFVII, it's actually quite good, story and character wise. Maybe with not as much character depth as FFVI, but with it own virtues.
  • bloodlessaspect - October 12, 2009 1:21 a.m.

KOTOR Hell yes!!!!!!! I've beaten that game at least 7 times, along with it's sequel. Simply the best storyline of pretty much any game or movie I have ever seen. Amazing characters, plot twists, and everything. If you haven't played it, do it as soon as possible. YOU WONT REGRET IT
  • Xplosive59 - October 6, 2009 7:34 p.m.

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS SHOULD BE NO.1
  • TheGodEmperor - September 25, 2009 7:58 p.m.

I still wonder why you hate Xenogears so :\ I'd say it deserves to be up there more than Portal.. portal didn't really have THAT much of a story.. sad when people put it up there as one of the best when it isn't lol. As for FF6? I dunno, I'd say FF9 is better. Better pacing, better development, better overall. I'll never get why people call FF7 cliche when it started the cliches and therefor isn't cliche lol. The first of something that starts a cliche isn't cliche, everything that copies from it is then cliche. Seriously, think of a villain like Sephiroth prior to Sephiroth and then think of how many after. I'll agree Kefka's the best FF villain though, no doubt about it. But Id is infinitely better as Kefka didn't REALLY destroy the world, just fucked it up good, where as Id destroyed an entire content CLEAN off the face of the planet and is a far more unique villain compared to any other in the history of gaming. Ah well.
  • griever - November 28, 2008 4:11 p.m.

In my opinion, nothing compares to the story of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver series... It's got the wonderful Creator VS Created storyline and in the end of Soul Reaver: Defiance, your hatred for Kain is betrayed. You finally begin to see the bigger picture after the long feud between Kain and Raziel... absolutely awesome story!
  • lucklesswonder - October 20, 2008 10:07 p.m.

What the hell? No Barbie Horse Adventure? I am indignant! Indignant with rage-y type anger.
  • Papapishuman - October 18, 2008 7:38 p.m.

Xenogears anyone?
  • Nessrox - October 17, 2008 2:21 a.m.

Final Fantasy VI!
  • tyler_14_420 - October 15, 2008 11:15 p.m.

No Tales of Symphonia? It had a lot of Twists and Turns that genuinely affect you, and the characters are deep and full of emotion that draws you in to a wonderful Anime-style game with great Gameplay Mechanics (Great battle system!)
  • phyerflie - October 15, 2008 7:26 a.m.

Wheres the system shock 2 love huh! Bioshock was alright but not as good as SS2
  • Mrinsane117 - October 15, 2008 4:03 a.m.

uhhh...i noticed you guyd forgot legend of zelda: ocarina of time. just reminding you.
  • RichieJr - October 15, 2008 1:47 a.m.

Wow, great list, you guys got it pretty spot on. Can I just say I'm so glad Grim Fandango is on here, that is a classic game, I actually feel sorry for those who never got to experience it (ebay people!). Actually I may try and find it again myself.
  • dMbeasy - October 11, 2008 3:33 p.m.

Where's TWEWY???
  • FierceDeity - October 9, 2008 8:04 p.m.

i thought majoras mask was pretty good, expecially when comparedto the other zeldas
  • Blinder - October 8, 2008 4:49 a.m.

Nods to KH and Red Dead Revolver(totally underrated). I still like to pick those up now and again.