Topics

PS Vita

• Pwnz0r3d - June 6, 2012 8:09 p.m.

Maybe it's cause Sony comes from a different cultural background or whatever, but they seriously NEVER have any idea what to do at E3. Every year they blunder, and fuck something up. Sony doesn't think like businessmen. They think like inventors; that's good, because they take pride on their product, but immediately go into panic mode when it isn't doing as well as they hoped, and have no choice but to either kill it or replace it with something new.
  • MasterBhater - June 6, 2012 1:16 p.m.

Sony: Let's show hours of gameplay footage from our already well known console, but leave out our handheld that came out THIS YEAR
  • gazzc - June 6, 2012 11:21 a.m.

Wow I am happy that I am now a 100% PC gamer, I used to love Sony with its PS1 awesomeness but lately they do not seem to have a clue what they are doing. I mean come on, they bring out the vita at a really high price, expect you to pay again if you want to play your psp games on it, release hardly any new games for it and then they have a massive promotional opportunity at E3 and do not even mention their latest hardware. They make great technology but I think they need to lose their whole marketing team and get a new one.
  • TristanPR77 - June 6, 2012 10:31 a.m.

I think this article forgot the mos important thing... WHERE ARE THE GAMES, VIDEOS, SCREENSHOOTS?
  • SentientSquidMachine - June 6, 2012 10:12 a.m.

Hey Sony, 2 words....Pokemon clone.....yeah...think about it. Seriously though, you are cloning Super Smash Bros. why not throw in pokemon too. Make it gritty and mature or something and no one will sue you.
  • tiben36 - June 6, 2012 3:16 p.m.

how about a digimon reboot?
  • gopikmin - June 6, 2012 4:36 p.m.

konami still owns them i think along with yugi-oh
  • Tjwoods18 - June 7, 2012 8:52 a.m.

The digimon fad died a long time ago with the telivision series. Even now yugioh is starting to fade away.
  • SentientSquidMachine - June 6, 2012 9:58 p.m.

Or another Monster Rancher game. In either case, people like catching and fighting stuff, so c'mon Sony.
  • TornZero - June 7, 2012 10:10 a.m.

We have Shin Megami Tensei. While it's not necessarily capturing (since the majority of the series uses a system involving NEGOTIATING WITH DEMONS, though Persona uses a different system), it's actually older than Pokémon, and I'd say it's a more rewarding experience to beat, not to mention you get to learn a few things about religions and mythology across the world. If you have a PS3, Persona 3: FES (which is probably the best selling SMT game in the world) is available on the PlayStation 2 Classics, and there's a portable version for the PSP. The PSVita will have Persona 4: The Golden, and the PS3's getting Persona 4 Arena. (While Arena is actually more like BlazBlue, it's still a direct sequel to P4 (and incorporates P3 characters), and good to see.) What I'm hoping for, personally, is the next official entry in the Shin Megami Tensei and Persona series, which is more than likely to be on the PS3 and/or Vita. (I still have my PS2 solely to play Nocturne and the original Persona 4, both of which I'm hoping to be thrown into the PS2 Classics section of the Store like P3:FES.)
  • SpaceOdysseus - June 6, 2012 8:47 a.m.

So... what are they?
  • veryweirdguy - June 6, 2012 8:13 a.m.

Hey. Hey Sony. Look at me. LOOK AT ME. You are beautiful. Don't hide yourself away. You are perfect, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Sure there's always gonna be other consoles, but you are beautiful, and the world needs to see how beautiful you are. Don't let the world get you down. Be proud of who you are. You are Sony. And no one can ever change that.
  • Redeater - June 6, 2012 9:33 a.m.

The Vita is a gorgeous piece of technology. I was completely on board to buy one as soon as they announced a Bioshock for it. I'm pretty glad I held off buying one though. Almost half a year in and the only FPS game has been labeled a "full price beta". Come on Sony. Give me a reason to buy a Vita.
  • Redeater - June 6, 2012 7:55 a.m.

I am now COMPLETELY convinced that Sony is now wanting the Vita to fail. This system must be being handled by the same idiots responsible for the Saturn.
  • SlimAdy - June 6, 2012 7:44 a.m.

Honestly Sony - poor show yet again. Just annouce a COD, GTA, GT style games and you will sell Vita by the bucket load. I am not interested in 'minis' - java games play better than those. We need some big titles, the potential for Vita is unreal and they seem to be letting it fester and die. I have played all the decent games on offer and am now using to watch tv shows on the my commute to work (something I can do on my phone/laptop).
  • Fleshcrawl - June 6, 2012 8:28 a.m.

They did announce a Vita-exclusive CoD:Black Ops-Declassified launching later this year.
  • GR_JustinTowell - June 6, 2012 8:28 a.m.

That's a good point - where is GT for Vita? I was genuinely expecting an announcement this year.
  • cousin-dave - June 6, 2012 7:35 a.m.

I never play my Vita or 3DS
  • Tjwoods18 - June 7, 2012 8:53 a.m.

My 3ds is collecting dust waiting on a paper mario, and my ps vita is waiting on ACIII
  • Travia220 - June 6, 2012 7:31 a.m.

Why promote a failing platform? Vita is bombing so hard why dedicate floor time to it?