Topics

360 deals top 10

• homestar99 - March 3, 2014 5:44 p.m.

Never owned a 360 so I won't judge. I do however have a gripe with #40. It should be SR4 not 3.
  • universaltofu - March 3, 2014 5:02 p.m.

Mass Effect 2 clicked with me, great pacing, cool characters, and the situational paragon/renegade parts are too perfect when you do exactly what you want to happen. Still some games to get around to and get back to.
  • treeroy - March 3, 2014 5:02 p.m.

I'd have to put Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons at #1. (Though it's not a 360 exclusive) It's interesting that whoever wrote this list seemingly found the main, unique selling point of Brothers to be unnoticeable. The way that it mixes mechanics with the story is breathtaking - there's really nothing like it. It uses the controller in a way that no other game has done, and it is a means of feeling the story as opposed to an interface for controls. It's just phenomenal. As for X360 exclusives, I have no clue, as I bought like one game for my Xbox 360, played it a couple of times and then never played the console again. I don't even remember what game it was.
  • Triscuitable - March 3, 2014 3:17 p.m.

The majority of these are multiplatform releases. Hell, even your number one released simultaneously on PC. There's nothing compelling about this list that says to me, "wow, the Xbox 360 sure was great", because games like Battlefield 4, Left 4 Dead 2, and Mass Effect 2 are better on PC than they are on Microsoft's platform.
  • BladedFalcon - March 3, 2014 8:27 p.m.

True, but that doesn't discount the fact that all of those games are awesome, AND available on the console. I mean, for years it became clear Microsoft is the least strong of the main 3 console makers when it comes to first party offerings, but they were always good in securing most third party games worth playing, so even if you can play or find most of the games listed here somewhere else, it's still a stronger catalog if it was to be your only console, than compared to any of the Nintendo console released since the N64.
  • Triscuitable - March 5, 2014 8:58 p.m.

A good argument. Then again, my voice isn't really valid, as I've been a PC gamer since... I'll get back to you on that. Need to count the years.
  • Rojoco - March 3, 2014 3:12 p.m.

Listing GTA V doesn't negate the need to recognise GTA IV + Episodes.
  • TISAM2K10 - March 3, 2014 2:56 p.m.

Max Payne 3 NEEDS to be on here, even you guys gave it 5 stars, also I feel you overlooked Mafia II and L.A. Noire good list though
  • TheGooseinator - March 3, 2014 2:33 p.m.

Wait...does this mean that Portal is no longer #1 on the All-Time list? 0.o
  • BladedFalcon - March 3, 2014 3:13 p.m.

One list doesn't necessarily have to mirror the other... But yeah, kind of weird to have Bioshock and ME2 above Portal here, and then have Portal still in the top spot on the overall list XD
  • GR HollanderCooper - March 3, 2014 10:19 p.m.

Not going to spoil anything for you, but the lists aren't mirrors, like Falcon said. There are different reasons for each system--also, take into account the 100 best is taking the "best" version into account for each.
  • BladedFalcon - March 3, 2014 11:09 p.m.

...Are you suggesting that the differences between the PC version and the 360 version are significant enough to make the game better than two other games that ALSO have superior PC counterparts? >> Again, I agree and understand the list aren't mirrors, but I'm not sure I follow the logic there XD
  • Uncompetative - June 2, 2013 10:51 a.m.

Top 40 Xbox games - up to Oct 2012 Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Halo 3 F.E.A.R. BioShock The Orange Box Mirror's Edge Forza Horizon Forza Motorsport 4 Project Gotham Racing 3 Crackdown Medal of Honor: Airborne Medal of Honor: Limited Edition Battlefield: Bad Company Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Battlefield 3 Syndicate Call of Duty: Black Ops Sniper: Ghost Warrior Crysis Crysis 2 Midnight Club: Los Angeles Grand Theft Auto IV Burnout Paradise Just Cause 2 Mafia II Robert Ludlum's: The Bourne Conspiracy Tom Clancy Splinter Cell: Conviction Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Batman: Arkham City Dishonored The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Section 8: Prejudice Bulletstorm Rogue Warrior Metro 2033 Timeshift Bayonetta Red Dead Redemption
  • g1rldraco7 - March 12, 2013 9:28 p.m.

Good choices i have most of these except for Fallout 3, Portal 2, Red Dead Redemption. I love the first Darksiders game :P
  • tyrone-martin - November 14, 2012 2:21 p.m.

what games are closest to WOW? i mean graphics and real in another world feel, and i don't go online or play with others. Also, the story that is played in the beginning of warcraft with the king and the snow. it is so beautiful and cool.i could watch that all day. why don't they make movies like that?
  • Triscuitable - March 3, 2014 3:22 p.m.

Kingdoms of Amalur. It plays nothing like it, but visually it just screams "World of Warcraft!"
  • Sovtek - November 13, 2012 11:48 p.m.

I guess I am the only gamer who thinks that Mass Effect 2 is a steaming pile of enchilada-smelling shit. It took everything that was interesting and unique about the first one and fisted it with no lube.
  • Triscuitable - March 3, 2014 3:23 p.m.

If you think ME2 was bad, you need to play more legitimately bad video games.